First training camp depth chart of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    While this is just the first depth chart, and we shouldn't get carried away with it, some things are pretty telling.

There have been reports that Shane Ray has had a good camp, and he's been running with the first team all camp, while Chubb has been running more with the second team while getting some first team reps. First depth chart comes out and Chubb is ahead of Ray. That's interesting.

I like that O line lineup. It's what we expected. I also like that the first time I've seen or heard Max Garcia's name, he's not in the starting lineup.
    I was just about to say this! Max Garcia's name has not been mentioned once in camp and that's how it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
      Who else should start at this point in time?

A guy who has never played a real nfl snap and is still recovering from a severe injury?
      A bunch of camp fodder?

He is the starter by default, and it was always going to be that way. Butt comes out and shows he knows the offense and can block effectively, then he should at some point take over. I wonder if we will see Butt split wide here and there while he is preparing for the full time job.

No i dont. We have too many receivers, i just wanted to type that sentence.

Default? Why cause he’s the only carry over from an absolute horrid offense?

Butt shown he can handle one hit. Huermann falls apart from wind. Even when out there he’s not been any good. Butt and Fumagalli are showing a pulse.

VJ preaches that you have to earn your spot on the depth chart. Exactly what Butt and Fumagalli are doing. Huermann hasn’t earned anything..

This is really a non issue cause Huermann won’t ever stay healthy for a stretch anyways, so realistically TE2 is the starter.
      Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-07-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

"IRman" Mock's last gift to the Mane.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
          Who else should start at this point in time?

A guy who has never played a real nfl snap and is still recovering from a severe injury?
          A bunch of camp fodder?

He is the starter by default, and it was always going to be that way. Butt comes out and shows he knows the offense and can block effectively, then he should at some point take over. I wonder if we will see Butt split wide here and there while he is preparing for the full time job.

No i dont. We have too many receivers, i just wanted to type that sentence.
          The hype over Butt and Four Fingers has gotten silly. Nobody knows at this point what they'll do, but hope springs eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
            The hype over Butt and Four Fingers has gotten silly. Nobody knows at this point what they'll do, but hope springs eternal.

What has Huermann done?

Comment

I'm wondering about Holland. For those that have seen him, should he make the roster?

Am I having a brain fart? What is H by King?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                Lmao at a TE who’s done absolutely nothing get the starting spot right now.
                Which other TE on the roster hasn't done absolutely nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                  I'm wondering about Holland. For those that have seen him, should he make the roster?

H stands for Holder I think.

Comment

What has Huermann done?
                    Nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                      Which other TE on the roster hasn't done absolutely nothing?

People that answer a question with a question have no answer.

Broncos players(Davis) must be stupid to think Butt has progressed at all.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...sible-sleeper/
                      Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 08-07-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Who's the emergency QB?

Comment

People that answer a question with a question have no answer.
                          I didn't answer a question, I responded to a statement with a question.

Edited: Please explain to me how the post I quoted was a "question".

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post

Those who have seen him, saw him mostly running drills, probably from 30 yards away.

How can anyone know who should make the roster yet?

It's not time to ask this question about anybody when we have a month to go before they have to answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                              I didn't answer a question, I responded to a statement with a question.

Edited: Please explain to me how the post I quoted was a "question".

Calm down chachi. I thought your post was Footseps.

TE will be split anyways. 2TE sets will come frequently. Butt will be a huge part of the offense. Just funny to me Huermann is at the top when he hasn’t “earned it” like VJ stresses.

The only questions I have from this chart is RB and PR.

Comment

Calm down chachi. I thought your post was Footseps.

TE will be split anyways. 2TE sets will come frequently. Butt will be a huge part of the offense. Just funny to me Huermann is at the top when he hasn’t “earned it” like VJ stresses.

The only questions I have from this chart is RB and PR.

I hope Butt will be a factor, not a "huge part of the offense". He's basically a rookie coming off a knee injury. I'd like to see him be a reliable 3rd or 4th option in the passing game his first year in the league. There seems to be a general assumption that he's going to be great. Maybe...but nobody knows yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X