Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if it's painful

Having non consensual sex with a Zebra?
    Maybe the Texans could answer the question.

NFL officials better get their act together, they're becoming a laughing-stock.

Indy has historically gotten great calls vs any team not named New England.

Besides... how much do you think the NFL wants to see Indy vs Denver again in the playoffs? Not that they're instructing the refs to see that happen. You know the NFL wants it though.

Comment

Crooked or just completely incompetent?

Is there any website that keeps track of all the major blown calls each week?

Comment

Originally posted by driver View Post
        Having non consensual sex with a Zebra?
        Maybe the Texans could answer the question.

NFL officials better get their act together, they're becoming a laughing-stock.
        It's almost to the point I wonder if some of this is fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
          yeah, I was thinking the same thing, do you remember the NBA ref's scandal.

10 or 15 yrs ago a bunch of them were caught controlling the point spread.

Makes you think, maybe

Comment

Yes I wonder the same.

Comment

it's a fixed league.I have no doubt on that one.PIT win against SEA in SB, Last year playoff loss against Ravens to name a few.
              It's a business and you want big market teams to reach playoffs.
              NE, PIT, Indy,Baltimore seems to get more favorable calls.
              Last edited by go_broncos; 11-04-2013, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
                it's a fixed league.I have no doubt on that one.PIT win against SEA in SB, Last year playoff loss against Ravens to name a few.
                It's a business and you want big market teams to reach playoffs.
                NE, PIT, Indy,Baltimore seems to get more favorable calls.
                Pitt, Indy and Baltimore big market teams?!

Comment

I always find myself feeling like we get the short end of the stick on calls the last couple years, and then wonder if it's just me being a fan.

It sure as hell seems like we get dicked on calls quite often. That mugging of Holliday during the Washington game is a good example, looking at some of the calls made during the Chiefs game for roughness made it a joke.

Comment

I firmly believe that the NFL tries to market certain players and storylines. The Seattle/ Pitt Superbowl was the win one for Bettis storyline. Last year it was a combo of the Brother bowl and Ray Lewis' last harrah.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                      Yes I wonder the same.
                      When they go behind the hood for minutes and still come out with a painfully obvious FUBAR call when the whole world can see they are wrong, it does elicit that thought doesn't it?

Comment

Sometimes the calls are really puzzling. Yesterday in the Seattle game a receiver caught the ball for about a 6 yd gain, but was diving for the ball. When he hit the ground and rolled over replay showed him clearly lose control of the ball, using the ground to regain the ball during the roll. But the refs had called good catch. Tampa challenged the catch. Commentators were looking at it during the replay and even brought in Perriera. Everyone of them said this should be overturned...no catch.

Replay progressed and then they upheld call on the field. I was like WTF!

The next play went and Tampa stopped Seattle on 3rd and 3, and forced the FG ( made it 24-17) so you could say that it had no effect on the game. But plays like that are where the "fix" comments come from. When teams constantly get favorable rulings on what should be obvious calls, or the calls are not made at all ( example Golden Tate had a 71 yd punt return that should have been dead due to an obvious block in the back that was not called ( official standing 4 yds away looking at it) , you begin to wonder.

I would not be surprised if there is a cadre of officials who are getting rich by "fixing" games for Vegas interests, by simply not throwing penalty flags , or throwing them for ticky tack fouls that have no real effect on the play. It is very easy for this to happen. It happened to us last year against Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamau View Post
                          When they go behind the hood for minutes and still come out with a painfully obvious FUBAR call when the whole world can see they are wrong, it does elicit that thought doesn't it?
                          Ya that reviewed fumble out of bounds call in the Houston game where they claimed the players foot touched the ball while he was out of bounds was so obviously wrong it should be investigated by the gaming commission. I understand you can miss a call in real time but like you say they got that one wrong when the review clearly showed the player did not touch the ball with his foot/leg as claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                            Sometimes the calls are really puzzling. Yesterday in the Seattle game a receiver caught the ball for about a 6 yd gain, but was diving for the ball. When he hit the ground and rolled over replay showed him clearly lose control of the ball, using the ground to regain the ball during the roll. But the refs had called good catch. Tampa challenged the catch. Commentators were looking at it during the replay and even brought in Perriera. Everyone of them said this should be overturned...no catch.

Replay progressed and then they upheld call on the field. I was like WTF!

The next play went and Tampa stopped Seattle on 3rd and 3, and forced the FG ( made it 24-17) so you could say that it had no effect on the game. But plays like that are where the "fix" comments come from. When teams constantly get favorable rulings on what should be obvious calls, or the calls are not made at all ( example Golden Tate had a 71 yd punt return that should have been dead due to an obvious block in the back that was not called ( official standing 4 yds away looking at it) , you begin to wonder.

I would not be surprised if there is a cadre of officials who are getting rich by "fixing" games for Vegas interests, by simply not throwing penalty flags , or throwing them for ticky tack fouls that have no real effect on the play. It is very easy for this to happen. It happened to us last year against Baltimore.
                            Vages can be very persuasive, zebra head in the bed for example. We are talking millions at stake. When you think about it it's harder to believe the game is perfectly clean that somewhat influenced by crooked calls.

Comment

I hope Indy keeps winning I really think they are an easy path to get to the afc championship in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X