Chiefs v Broncos moved to SNF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
    fantastic. I have a yearly trip to a random city to watch a football game with my college buddies - this years trip is to Cincinnati to see the Bengals vs Browns that weekend. The KC game didn't seem like it would be a big deal when we planned our tip in July.

I was sweating how to get out of Paul Brown Stadium and into a sports bar in time for a 2:05 kickoff...now, no pressure!
    Yikes. Who picked Ohio?

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
      Yikes. Who picked Ohio?
      my vote was Tampa.

Comment

Great, I enjoy Sunday night games much more. For as annoying as Collinsworth can be sometimes, I'll take him over Simms or Dierdorf any day.

And on the bright side, now the whole country will get to see us embarrass kFc.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see where we've lost a Primetime Home game since the Fade/Neckbeard catastrophe of opening week 2011.

Comment

Manning's arm prefers sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
              But so long as it can still put up 7TDs against the Ravens in the Dark, I'd say the spotlight is a big positive for us when it comes to the never-been Chefs.

Comment

His best game ever was at night (7 TD's v Baltimore)

edited: Dammit BBII beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

It was also 70+ degrees out that night

Comment

Chiefs won't win this one. Brokebacks will open all the play book and play like it's their SB.

Comment

The Broncos Superbowl will be.... THE SUPERBOWL.

Comment

Man, you guys are slow. I wasn't referring to illumination. Sept nighttime is considerably warmer then Nov nighttime.

Was his best game ever in the cold?

Comment

Bummer. We have a tendency to lay huge eggs in night games. Back to back Sunday nighters...blah
                          I'm not sure where you're getting this so I went back 10 years and looked.

In the past 10 years the Broncos are 8-5 on SNF games. Before Fox was here we were 5-4 and the Scores were: 21-52*, 31-28, 17-7, 13-3, 35-27*, 23-20*, 34-10*, 34-24, 30-10 (All losses will have an asterisk.) There were two games we laid an egg. The Dolphins and the Chargers the final game of the infamous three game lead blow. In all our wins but one we won by double digits. In the rest of our loses besides those two big loses we lost by one score.

More recently we are 3-1 in SNF since Fox came to town. Our scores have been 31-19, 34-14, 27-49 and 33-39*, with the sole loss being Indy. We've basically blown the door off of every opponent we've faced except one on the road.

Just for funsies I looked at Manning's career record on SNF before being a Bronco (really NBC games because one of them was a season opener on Thursday).

Peyton Manning is 17-5 all time as a colt on SNF. Has never beaten the Chargers on SNF. His five losses are the Bears, the Titans, the Patriots (only loss to Patriots on SNF, he has beaten them four other times) and twice to the Chargers. 38-14, 27-24, 36-14*, 31-10, 31-9, 34-35, 29-13*, 18-15, 41-10, 21-23*, 44-20, 16-10*, 26-21, 27-20, 45-21, 24-07, 24-27*, 9-6, 28-25, 45-24, 27-14, 14-31. Manning seems to play his best football on Sunday night, even in losses. The only time he's played poorly was in games against the Chargers for some reason.

John Fox is 2-3 all time before coming to the Broncos on SNF. Is that what you mean?

Given that the Broncos history before this year is pretty even, and all those loses were on the road, and that we rarely do poorly even in losses, and Manning historically does very well in prime time, and that the game is at home, I fail to see where you're getting that we tend to "lay a huge egg" on SNF. There's no evidence to support that statement, assuming of course laying a huge egg = playing like complete garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                            It was also 70+ degrees out that night
                            If Manning can't start a game and be productive 4 hours later this time of the year due to the temp drop then we have problems.

Comment

Very interesting stat: Andy Reid is 13-1 as a HC following a bye

Comment

If Manning can't start a game and be productive 4 hours later this time of the year due to the temp drop then we have problems.
                                ^^

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X