Peyton Manning Halloween costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning Halloween costume

I live in the suburbs of Chicago and was waiting for my son at School yesterday and I saw a kid come out in a Manning Bronco jersey, helmet, pads, pants et. all.

I had on my Elway Jersey and said "nice choice picking Manning!" but the kid thought I was mocking him or something because he ran off.

I know you guys in Denver probably saw a lot of that yesterday but this was in Chicago and Manning has only been with Denver less than 2 years.

BTW - I didn't see a single Bear jersey the entire night.

Just thought I would share.

Originally posted by broncosteven;
    Wow. That's quite unexpected, considering that all their fans around there are a "nine".

Comment

Originally posted by huh?? View Post
      Wow. That's quite unexpected, considering that all their fans around there are a "nine".
      More like a 6 these days.

Comment

I had a trick or treater come by yesterday dresses as a Bronco. He got an extra hand full.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
          I had a trick or treater come by yesterday dresses as a Bronco. He got an extra hand full.
          Couple of kids who recognized my Bronco carved pumpkin got a few extras as well. I gave a bag of doggie doo to the one kid who said "wow, look at that Jaguar!" Little jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
            You mean to say all that all the cool kids in Chi-town aren't rockin' Jay Cutty jerseys?!?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
              You mean to say all that all the cool kids in Chi-town aren't rockin' Jay Cutty jerseys?!?
              I have seen them on Sundays but not yesterday.

Also Urlacker still out represents Cutler.

Comment

I'm in South Carolina. at my kids school Halloween party last Friday, I saw a kid dressed as Wes Welker. Last night, one of the adults walking the kids around the 'hood had an Elway jersey.

nice!

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                  I live in the suburbs of Chicago and was waiting for my son at School yesterday and I saw a kid come out in a Manning Bronco jersey, helmet, pads, pants et. all.

I had on my Elway Jersey and said "nice choice picking Manning!" but the kid thought I was mocking him or something because he ran off.

I know you guys in Denver probably saw a lot of that yesterday but this was in Chicago and Manning has only been with Denver less than 2 years.

Just thought I would share.
                  I wonder why he ran away?

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                    I wonder why he ran away?

If I wasn't in my John Elway jersey I would have found this funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

If you wore a Cutler jersey you have to go w/out a candy bag.

Can't ring the doorbell (they should have known you were coming).

Must stand there w/arms folded and appear unamused unless they off full sized candy bars.

And, flip them off if they think the costume is cute and want to take a picture.

All in all? Too much effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
                        If you wore a Cutler jersey you have to go w/out a candy bag.

Can't ring the doorbell (they should have known you were coming).

Must stand there w/arms folded and appear unamused unless they off full sized candy bars.

And, flip them off if they think the costume is cute and want to take a picture.

All in all? Too much effort.
                        while smokin'

Comment

Chicago is primarily a baseball city. If there were 1 MLB team rather than 2, it would be much more obvious. The north & south unite around the bears because there's no other option.

Comment

Originally posted by Blart View Post
                            Chicago is primarily a baseball city. If there were 1 MLB team rather than 2, it would be much more obvious. The north & south unite around the bears because there's no other option.
                            I don't know. Baseball is definitely baked into the city culture on a level that you don't see outside maybe Boston and St Louis, but I think like the rest of America, the NFL reigns supreme in total number of people who would list the Bears as their #1 team. The Bulls and Blackhawks have been so good lately, though, that there has been less of a live or die aspect to Bears fandom. And, since I've moved here, the Cubs and Sox have been mostly godawful every year, so that be tampering my view of it somewhat.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X