Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Concern for NFL this season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Sorry, gunns. I just don't things will be any different. Fans always have different POVs. Same as ever was.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by spdirty View Post
      The game is getting harder and harder to watch every year. To the point where the NFL doesn’t own my Sunday afternoons anymore.
      After watching the World Cup, and even The Tour De France I wish they would take a look at all the TV time outs.

      I wish they would make the following changes:

      Eliminate TV Time outs, instead tack on that time to the break between quarters and the half. Run a boat load of commercials then.

      The only time they turn away to a full screen commercial during each quarter is after a score.

      They need to do more split screen commercials, run them at time outs or at injuries or short stopages like 30 second timeouts.

      If no one scores there are no full screen commercials.

      They can charge more for when the commercial is run. Priority given for sponsoring TD's, or FG's or even Safeties, those cost more the more points that are scored. Charge more to be the 1st or last commercial ran at the end of the half as people would be more likely to see those.

      If they could speed up the game so they run around 2 hours, 30 minutes they could fit a 4th Sunday game into the TV time slot which would mean more viewers and balance out the advertisers money, if not increase it. They may need to start the early games at 12:30 Eastern to do so.

      This would give the viewers a better chance to see more competitive games and keep people like me in my seat all day even though I already have the Ticket, it is hard to flip around and pay close attention to all the games. I would rather them be efficient and see a 3rd time slot open where I have a better chance at catching more full division games or games of the week.

      Just a thought though it isn't really on topic I guess.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
        They should have jury boxes behind each sidelines, in the stands. Then, you could take an Official Ruling Time Out in a game. The coach's lawyer could present his case. People in the stands could applaud, or boo. The official's lawyer could present his case. Same thing. Celebrity lawyers! We could all watch the replay fifty times while the judge mulls over his rulings and the jury reviews the evidence. It would be like adding a court show to the games. There could be a panel discussion in the sports media studio. Hell, you could have transgendered judges! There could be a full hour of commercials incorporated into the time out! Think of the possibilities!
        Only if Luis Gutierrez gets to give the speech he gave today at the hearing for the guy from the FBI who was texting.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
          Only if Luis Gutierrez gets to give the speech he gave today at the hearing for the guy from the FBI who was texting.
          Hmmm.
          Last edited by Rohirrim; 07-12-2018, 03:34 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            I'm ready for the new league where they will play real football again. At least Broncos won some Superbowls before the decline of the NFL started.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
              I'm ready for the new league where they will play real football again. At least Broncos won some Superbowls before the decline of the NFL started.
              God been hearing this same statement for 30 years.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                After watching the World Cup, and even The Tour De France I wish they would take a look at all the TV time outs.

                I wish they would make the following changes:

                Eliminate TV Time outs, instead tack on that time to the break between quarters and the half. Run a boat load of commercials then.

                The only time they turn away to a full screen commercial during each quarter is after a score.

                They need to do more split screen commercials, run them at time outs or at injuries or short stopages like 30 second timeouts.

                If no one scores there are no full screen commercials.

                They can charge more for when the commercial is run. Priority given for sponsoring TD's, or FG's or even Safeties, those cost more the more points that are scored. Charge more to be the 1st or last commercial ran at the end of the half as people would be more likely to see those.

                If they could speed up the game so they run around 2 hours, 30 minutes they could fit a 4th Sunday game into the TV time slot which would mean more viewers and balance out the advertisers money, if not increase it. They may need to start the early games at 12:30 Eastern to do so.

                This would give the viewers a better chance to see more competitive games and keep people like me in my seat all day even though I already have the Ticket, it is hard to flip around and pay close attention to all the games. I would rather them be efficient and see a 3rd time slot open where I have a better chance at catching more full division games or games of the week.

                Just a thought though it isn't really on topic I guess.
                The NHL has it down pretty good with commercials. There’s no commercials for the first 10 minutes or so of every period and none in overtime. It’s like the NFL is seeing how far they can go before they start seeing a decline in revenue.

                Comment


                • #23
                  nfl is rigged

                  just look at the patriots.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                    The NHL has it down pretty good with commercials. There’s no commercials for the first 10 minutes or so of every period and none in overtime. It’s like the NFL is seeing how far they can go before they start seeing a decline in revenue.
                    I would be happy with that as well.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                      After watching the World Cup, and even The Tour De France I wish they would take a look at all the TV time outs.

                      I wish they would make the following changes:

                      Eliminate TV Time outs, instead tack on that time to the break between quarters and the half. Run a boat load of commercials then.

                      The only time they turn away to a full screen commercial during each quarter is after a score.

                      They need to do more split screen commercials, run them at time outs or at injuries or short stopages like 30 second timeouts.

                      If no one scores there are no full screen commercials.

                      They can charge more for when the commercial is run. Priority given for sponsoring TD's, or FG's or even Safeties, those cost more the more points that are scored. Charge more to be the 1st or last commercial ran at the end of the half as people would be more likely to see those.

                      If they could speed up the game so they run around 2 hours, 30 minutes they could fit a 4th Sunday game into the TV time slot which would mean more viewers and balance out the advertisers money, if not increase it. They may need to start the early games at 12:30 Eastern to do so.

                      This would give the viewers a better chance to see more competitive games and keep people like me in my seat all day even though I already have the Ticket, it is hard to flip around and pay close attention to all the games. I would rather them be efficient and see a 3rd time slot open where I have a better chance at catching more full division games or games of the week.

                      Just a thought though it isn't really on topic I guess.
                      Have you used gamepass? No commercial and the viewing time is half as long. It’s amazing

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        It pays enough they won't have any problem.
                        This would require the NFL to pay more, which isn't going to happen.

                        And it isn't the refs fault the rules are so muddled. Blame the NFL for that one too.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post
                          Have you used gamepass? No commercial and the viewing time is half as long. It’s amazing
                          This is available Monday when the games have been archived, right? Are you able to get to the games to watch without being spoiled?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            On another note, if your momma wore a tool belt.......

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                              I'm ready for the new league where they will play real football again. At least Broncos won some Superbowls before the decline of the NFL started.
                              The NFL is still the biggest sports league in the world. The numbers below are from 2016. It’s estimated the NFL made $14B in 2017.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                                The NFL is still the biggest sports league in the world. The numbers below are from 2016. It’s estimated the NFL made $14B in 2017.
                                Excellent. That means we can have fewer commercials.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X