Thai boys soccer team all alive and rescued after 9 days trapped in a cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
    Well, moron is wrong he is a former Buddhist Monk. Morons need not apply.
    I know a lot of morons that have PhDs, one couldn't light his own pilot light on his waterheater. Brilliant mathematician, very dumb in practical things.

As far as cave exploration/looking at warning signs goes, this guy was a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoandrew View Post
      I know a lot of morons that have PhDs, one couldn't light his own pilot light on his waterheater. Brilliant mathematician, very dumb in practical things.

As far as cave exploration/looking at warning signs goes, this guy was a moron.
      The guy was not a moron, I guess people with limited vocabulary might not have another word.

Anyway he was doing a team building exercise and well, they all passed!!!

Comment

Well, moron is wrong he is a former Buddhist Monk. Morons need not apply. However he might have done some very skeptical things. It seems some parents didn't even know they went into the cave and they thought the boys were at soccer practice.

He will have lots of questions to answer for, for sure.
        Being a Buddhist monk hardly prevents a person from being a moron.

Comment

The guy was not a moron, I guess people with limited vocabulary might not have another word.

Anyway he was doing a team building exercise and well, they all passed!!!
          You are also a moron, Mr. Farrakhan-was-a-great-American.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
            You are also a moron.
            true

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
              I also wonder.. how in the world did they end up more than two MILES into a cave? Were they trying to escape the rain, and then had to retreat further as the cave filled up? Seems like a really weird place to end up.
              That's exactly how. In fact they knew where to look based on the estimated driest area of the cave.

Comment

I make it a practice to not explore giant semi underwater caves.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                  I make it a practice to not explore giant semi underwater caves.
                  Yes, but apparently you are not a former Buddhist Monk. I've been told this makes a difference.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/11/asia/...ntl/index.html

The doctor said three of the boys were being treated for minor cases of pneumonia, but predicted most would be discharged after about a week.
                    So they were going to start dying regardless of air and food. You can't just "kick" pneumonia in a dark, wet cave. It's really a fascinating look at all the elements that make up health. Much of health is basic hygiene needs, warmth and staying dry. Secondary infections that spread in refugee camps and MASH units have historically done more damage than actual violence or displacement.

Comment

Working...
                    X