Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annabel Bowlen has Alzheimer’s too

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...sed-alzheimers

God help this family. They have endured too much pain.
    Last edited by balero; 06-27-2018, 08:32 AM.

ugh so sad.

Comment

That's sad.

I was wondering why she was never mentioned in the ownership talks. I don't know anything about her role with the organization or her background, and I didn't know much about the Bowlen family before all of these ownership stories came out a couple of months ago. Pat has always been recognized as the owner, but the Broncos were purchased after they were married. Doesn't that make the organization community property between the two of them? I'd imagine that she was part of the plan to create the trust. But I'm just speculating.

Comment

Just read that, so sad for this family, Alzheimer's is a horrible disease, best of luck to both her and Pat.

Comment

Damn. On top of having to watch that terrible disease destroy both your parents’ minds, you also have to live with the knowledge you are very, very likely to get the disease as well. That would be brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
            Damn. On top of having to watch that terrible disease destroy both your parents’ minds, you also have to live with the knowledge you are very, very likely to get the disease as well. That would be brutal.
            Hopefully not too much longer...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...in-alzheimers/

Comment

If there’s something that can give cancer a run for its money as worst **** around, it’s Alzheimer’s.

Comment

I feel much sadness for their family. They've been through a lot. Nothing but warmest thoughts for them and hopes for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
                  If there’s something that can give cancer a run for its money as worst **** around, it’s Alzheimer’s.
                  I will take Alzheimer's X10 over ALS.

Sad day, maybe the Bowlens just need to sell the team.

Comment

Wow, very sad.

Comment

I watched my ex girlfriends mom get to the point she didn't know who her kids were and thought I was her dead husband. Dementia is a horrid way to die. The Bowlen's gave Denver fans a winner and should always be held in high esteem by Bronco fans.

Comment

Truly awful. I can't imagine what this five-year window is like for the family.

Comment

On a related note, I'm so glad Pat was able to experience '98 and '99.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                            On a related note, I'm so glad Pat was able to experience '98 and '99.
                            Sure but what good does that do him now. It is all lost forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                              It's not inevitable. You can protect yourself...how?

1. eat non GMO and organic foods.

2. always cook on stainless steel or iron -- never aluminum or teflon.

3. take nutraceuticals -- trace minerals, mushrooms to build up the immune system, vitamins etc

4. EXERCISE regularly. Challenge the body with REAL workouts. Get sweaty.

5. Use the brain God gave you. Think. Write. Read.

6. drink pure non fluoridated water. Well water is best.

Comment

Working...
                              X