Article: Montee Ball Fumbling Fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Montee Ball Fumbling Fixed?

ENGLEWOOD - Montee Ball was known at Wisconsin as a reliable, durable running back, not a fumbler. In 924 carries he coughed it up just twice, and one of those came when he was knocked cold.

So, when he matched that total in the NFL in just 31 carries, alarm bells went off around Denver Broncos headquarters.

Running backs coach Eric Studesville soon found the flaw and offered a subtle solution: tucking the football into the crook of his elbow a split-second faster.

Ball hasn't put the ball on the ground since.

"So, I'm pretty sure I'm good now," said Ball, who scored his first NFL touchdown last week to go with the NCAA record 83 he collected in college.

He didn't have to worry about defenders hitting him so quickly when he was piling up yards and touchdowns for the Badgers over the last four years.

"That's exactly what Coach E. said. At Wisconsin, I had a very, very long time before I was even touched. Sometimes I wasn't even touched at all on a lot of my runs," Ball said. "Here, it's the NFL. Everyone's great. So, I've been working on just positioning the ball as soon as I get the handoff, put the ball away quick."

Read more at http://gazette.com/broncos-montee-ba...thea3vcmbeZ.99

http://gazette.com/broncos-montee-ba...rticle/1508556

Man, I hope so. Would love to see him turn into something special.

Comment

Action? cueing Action in 1........2........

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
        Action? cueing Action in 1........2........
        WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST TEACH HILLMAN THIS ISN'T FAIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
          WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST TEACH HILLMAN THIS ISN'T FAIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
          no matter how you tuck the ball if your not strong enough to hold onto it the defenders will get it

Comment

Originally posted by i4jelway7 View Post
            no matter how you tuck the ball if your not strong enough to hold onto it the defenders will get it
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

Comment

Let's hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
                Man, I hope so. Would love to see him turn into something special.
                **** just slightly above avg NFL rb would be great.

Comment

We don't talk about it much but Eddie Lacy looks special. He's a load and has some wiggle to make guys miss. Broncos may have totally screwed the pooch on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                    We don't talk about it much but Eddie Lacy looks special. He's a load and has some wiggle to make guys miss. Broncos may have totally screwed the pooch on that one.
                    Ball will be fine. He just needs to get his head in the game.

Comment

Once he stays healthy for an entire season, we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                        Once he stays healthy for an entire season, we can talk.
                        I said that at first also, then took the risk and traded megatron from Lacy, Gordon, Jordan Reed I had no choice because i needed the starters and i still have Brandon Marshall also. I hope we were wrong and he won't be a walking injury. Last 3 games he has looked outstanding. I'm talking bouncing around some guys, then running another one over. haven't seen anything like that since Bettis to be honest.

Comment

**** just slightly above avg NFL rb would be great.
                          That, to me, would be "something special."

He's not exactly running behind Stink and Zimm.

Comment

then Megatron had 300 yrds. I didnt mind though because Lacy and Gordon are doing great for me and so is Reed. Plus I play the guy i traded him to this week and Megatron out, and his team is in shambles because of the trade and that fact. So he will hopefully miss playoffs after this beating and i won't have to worry about it.

Comment

then Megatron had 300 yrds. I didnt mind though because Lacy and Gordon are doing great for me and so is Reed. Plus I play the guy i traded him to this week and Megatron out, and his team is in shambles because of the trade and that fact. So he will hopefully miss playoffs after this beating and i won't have to worry about it.
                              Cool story, Hansel.

Comment

Working...
                              X