General NBA Thread - 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post

That's the real Woj. Note the blue check mark.
    I know the quoted woj was real, but the Steph shot was a fake account.

Comment

• Originally posted by balero View Post
      Thank God. There were rumors the Bulls were going to land Ball as a third team in the deal. Keep that bitch and his daddy away.

Comment

• Very happy about Davis. The Lakers needed a to have a number 1. Now lebron can be effective as the second best player on the team again. That’s when he shines. Good news!

Comment

• poop on hoop.
          officiating makes the NBA officially unwatchable.

Comment

• Originally posted by OABB View Post
            Very happy about Davis. The Lakers needed a to have a number 1. Now lebron can be effective as the second best player on the team again. That’s when he shines. Good news!
            The roster construction is still **** though. They need more balance and shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by OABB View Post
              Very happy about Davis. The Lakers needed a to have a number 1. Now lebron can be effective as the second best player on the team again. That’s when he shines. Good news!
              From a Pels fan, AD is not a good number one. He puts up big numbers but can’t carry a team nor close a game. I hate LeBron and Rich Paul got their way but the Pels basically own the Lakers for the next 5-7 years. They have the rights to 3 first round picks and can swap spots the years in between. They also took their two best young assets. It’s a steep price to for AD but they are in total win now mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post

From a Pels fan, AD is not a good number one. He puts up big numbers but can’t carry a team nor close a game. I hate LeBron and Rich Paul got their way but the Pels basically own the Lakers for the next 5-7 years. They have the rights to 3 first round picks and can swap spots the years in between. They also took their two best young assets. It’s a steep price to for AD but they are in total win now mode.
                Your crazy if you think NO won this trade. Ball sucks. He plain sucks. He was over drafted by about 5 rounds. He can't shoot and doesn't have a shot and what he does have, is a F'd up side arm goofy mess of an attempt at a shot. It's bad. Real bad. Ingram doesn't even have a position. He too small to be a power forward and not a good enough shooter to be a small. He's alright but he's not an All Star player. Too skinny, and not nearly enough toughness to the rim. He's a toothpick. Hart was the best player NO got in this deal and he's been injured. He's got real upside though. If he can get healthy he's a legit starter in the league. As for the picks, whoopie. Who cares. NO will waste the picks or the players they do get will do exactly what Davis did. Demand a trade so they can leave. Im also extremely glad LA is rid of LaVar Ball, the idiot daddy of Lonzo.
                LA won all day. They got a legit #1 ALL STAR player to go with James, Kuzma and whoever they get as well in FA.
                The best part of this is who NO didn't get. No Kuzma. No Wagner.

Comment

• Nice get for the Lakers ... but do they even have five guys under contract now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Your crazy if you think NO won this trade. Ball sucks. He plain sucks. He was over drafted by about 5 rounds. He can't shoot and doesn't have a shot and what he does have, is a F'd up side arm goofy mess of an attempt at a shot. It's bad. Real bad. Ingram doesn't even have a position. He too small to be a power forward and not a good enough shooter to be a small. He's alright but he's not an All Star player. Too skinny, and not nearly enough toughness to the rim. He's a toothpick. Hart was the best player NO got in this deal and he's been injured. He's got real upside though. If he can get healthy he's a legit starter in the league. As for the picks, whoopie. Who cares. NO will waste the picks or the players they do get will do exactly what Davis did. Demand a trade so they can leave. Im also extremely glad LA is rid of LaVar Ball, the idiot daddy of Lonzo.
                    LA won all day. They got a legit #1 ALL STAR player to go with James, Kuzma and whoever they get as well in FA.
                    The best part of this is who NO didn't get. No Kuzma. No Wagner.
                    You still need a 3rd guy and a better constructed roster. If AD and LeBron both get hurt at the same time, y'all are ****ed like Chuck with no luck. NO controls the Lakers 1st round pick for the next 7 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

You still need a 3rd guy and a better constructed roster. If AD and LeBron both get hurt at the same time, y'all are ****ed like Chuck with no luck. NO controls the Lakers 1st round pick for the next 7 years.
                      The roster will be fine. They have had 2 excellent drafts barring the Ball pick, and have the depth. 1st round draft picks are overrated in the NBA draft based on how FA works and the ease with which a team can acquire them. Its not a yuuge loss in the NBA. Other pro leagues, i get that concern.
                      As of this morning, i'm getting a lot of chatter here that Ariza is coming back. If they can get Kemba or Kyrie as well, it's on.
                      I just want to get back to respectability FFS. I'm not saying LA is winning a title next season.

Comment

The roster will be fine. They have had 2 excellent drafts barring the Ball pick, and have the depth. 1st round draft picks are overrated in the NBA draft based on how FA works and the ease with which a team can acquire them. Its not a yuuge loss in the NBA. Other pro leagues, i get that concern.
                        As of this morning, i'm getting a lot of chatter here that Ariza is coming back. If they can get Kemba or Kyrie as well, it's on.
                        I just want to get back to respectability FFS. I'm not saying LA is winning a title next season.
                        I get why the lakers made the deal (I probably would have too), but they have zero depth. In fact, they only have like 5 guys under contract right now (and Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga are two of em), and we aren't sure if they'll have max space for a Kemba/Kyrie. It depends if 1) Davis waives his trade kicker and 2) if NO is cool with executing the trade in late July. If both those things happen, they'll have a max slot and the mid-level. If neither of those things happen, they'll have 23m and the midlevel. With that, you can surround the two with some talent, but you can't get a star.

Either way, they'll need some interesting vets to come in on minimum deals.

Comment

You realize that part of the issue with the Lakers was dealing away that protected FRP in the Nash deal and it coming back to haunt them? They had to end up making a bunch of trades to move around in the draft and acquire picks.
                          That pick ending up being #10 OA Mikal Bridges.The Lakers having that extra pick in their back pocket could have helped bolster their roster.

I could see Kyrie going to play with AD, I don't think Kemba is going to leave Charlotte. Not unless they don't wanna pay him the full 221 mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

I get why the lakers made the deal (I probably would have too), but they have zero depth. In fact, they only have like 5 guys under contract right now (and Mo Wagner and Isaac Bonga are two of em), and we aren't sure if they'll have max space for a Kemba/Kyrie. It depends if 1) Davis waives his trade kicker and 2) if NO is cool with executing the trade in late July. If both those things happen, they'll have a max slot and the mid-level. If neither of those things happen, they'll have 23m and the midlevel. With that, you can surround the two with some talent, but you can't get a star.

Either way, they'll need some interesting vets to come in on minimum deals.
                            The Lakers are executing it on the 6th of July, even if AD waives the kicker, they won't have a full max slot because they don't want to wait until July 30th.

Comment

• Jazz trade for Mike Conley. A pg who can shoot, what a novel concept. Not a huge upgrade, but the Jazz are better if he stays healthy. They do need to replace Crowder though.

Comment

• Hard to say who won the AD trade. LA got the best player in the deal an usually that team wins the trade. However, AD has to resign with LA for it to make sense. The fact he isn't waiving the trade kicker and won't sign an extension now should give some pause. Also I do see where AD isn't really that great of an alpha right now, but that can change as he is still very young. Play with Lebron for 2 years and he will pick it up.

The players NO got are not all that great. Ya there are two former #2 picks, with massive flaws that were over drafted. Ya, they got a #4 pick in a draft with 3 solid players and nothing for sure beyond that. There future picks from the lakers a likely late 1st round picks since the Lakers likely make the playoffs the next 5 years.

Oh an I would call Conely a massive upgrade and great get for Utah. Rubio is fun, but not a serious contender PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X