• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fine article by Andrew Mason

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...9-e59c4d78b8b8

Yup, Mason does some good work.

Comment

From Andrew..
      -- What made the game-tying, fourth-and-1 touchdown work? The ability to create total confusion in Washington's defense. With three tight ends split out to the right in a bunch formation, Washington didn't have enough defenders to account for all three -- especially after Joel Dreessen cut behind Jacob Tamme and Virgil Green, who were between Washington's defenders and himself. It was a perfect call that also serves as a reminder of the flexibility the Broncos have in their three-tight end formations, which are not strictly about running, even with Julius Thomas sidelined because of an ankle injury.

The flexibility Denver has with WR and TEs is amazing. It is a work of art and a matchup headache. They are getting a lot of production and scoring drives from 3 TE sets the last couple of games. Somehow that seems deliciously unfair given the wealth of WRs Denver has.

Comment

Our redzone TD percentage is 78.38%. That's outright remarkable (and will only get better I think).

And since we have to include the Chiefs in every discussion these days. They're all the way down at 50%.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...ne-scoring-pct
        Last edited by enjolras; 10-30-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I wonder if anybody has suggested to Jackson that he study the way Trevor Pryce planned the interior positions as they are both taller leaner more athletic DTs.

Comment

Originally posted by delany View Post
            From Andrew..
            -- What made the game-tying, fourth-and-1 touchdown work? The ability to create total confusion in Washington's defense. With three tight ends split out to the right in a bunch formation, Washington didn't have enough defenders to account for all three -- especially after Joel Dreessen cut behind Jacob Tamme and Virgil Green, who were between Washington's defenders and himself. It was a perfect call that also serves as a reminder of the flexibility the Broncos have in their three-tight end formations, which are not strictly about running, even with Julius Thomas sidelined because of an ankle injury.

The flexibility Denver has with WR and TEs is amazing. It is a work of art and a matchup headache. They are getting a lot of production and scoring drives from 3 TE sets the last couple of games. Somehow that seems deliciously unfair given the wealth of WRs Denver has.

This is one reason why I thing the broncos should make Gase asst. head coach with the promise of being the next HC ASAP

Comment

I always thought the Denver Post should have hired Andrew Mason after Jeff Leggold (sp?) left for ESPin.

Comment

Working...
              X