Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we not pushing the ball downfield

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why are we not pushing the ball downfield

    Serious question...........

    Are the defenses playing us differently than the first 4-5 games ?


    If the answer involves two deep safety and bump and run..........the next question is why doesn't our defense play this style ?

  • #2
    Because they're playing two deep safeties and bumping the receivers. And our offensive line has been banged up and we don't want to get our QB killed with seven step drops.

    Comment


    • #3
      Because the Broncos know you've gotta have something to whine about when the team is 7-1?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        Because they're playing two deep safeties and bumping the receivers. And our offensive line has been banged up and we don't want to get our QB killed with seven step drops.

        Then why don't we play the same defense.......?

        Also would help if you read the whole question..........

        Comment


        • #5
          They have tried to pass it deep. Haven't had a whole lot of success the last 3 games or so, doing so.

          Peyton needs to be more patient. has thrown a number of ill advised passes

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by errand View Post
            Because the Broncos know you've gotta have something to whine about when the team is 7-1?
            Did you read the "serious question" part or are you here to do what your good at......nothing....as usual.

            Smartasses get the F outa here if you don't want to talk football.

            Comment


            • #7
              Peyton is struggling big time deep. They had the stats on Twitter the other day from the guy who is on CBS.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                Because they're playing two deep safeties and bumping the receivers. And our offensive line has been banged up and we don't want to get our QB killed with seven step drops.
                It's crazy how open that RB dump off is. If the defense is content giving us the underneath routes, why take the risk throwing it deep into double/triple coverage when they are trying to jam our receivers and throw off our timing? If the defense gives Manning deep, he has no problem going there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  From ESPin on the Redskin game.

                  Peyton Manning was 1-of-8 for 16 yards with two interceptions on passes thrown at least 15 yards downfield Sunday. Four of Manning's six interceptions this year were on deep throws.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Guys, take the word of Klis how you will, but Manning&#39;s &#39;ankle&#39; injury caused him to lose grip on a football Sunday. Consider the source.</p>&mdash; The Orange Page (@theorangepage) <a href="https://twitter.com/theorangepage/statuses/395272233070772224">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
                    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                    Losing grip=nerve damage=neck damage=inability to throw effectively downfield

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If he is losing grip he should go back to the glove.

                      If defenses give us the underneath stuff we should take it all day. This is not a push the ball downfield offense - it is a spread you out and pick you apart offense.

                      That plus our line is having trouble keeping a clean pocket for any amount of time.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm convinced the Orange Page is a manning hater.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Because they're playing two deep safeties and bumping the receivers. And our offensive line has been banged up and we don't want to get our QB killed with seven step drops.
                          Peyton don't do seven step drops.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Guys, take the word of Klis how you will, but Manning&#39;s &#39;ankle&#39; injury caused him to lose grip on a football Sunday. Consider the source.</p>&mdash; The Orange Page (@theorangepage) <a href="https://twitter.com/theorangepage/statuses/395272233070772224">October 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                            Losing grip=nerve damage=neck damage=inability to throw effectively downfield
                            Isn't that guy the same guy who said Manning injured his neck before the season started?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                              I'm convinced the Orange Page is a manning hater.
                              I'm not so sure about that. The guy certainly seems confident that he knows something that others don't re: manning injury and claims to be validated by inside sources. I believe the guy is with MHR and has media credentials so it's not too far out of the realm of possibilities.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X