KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omnipicus View Post
    And what has ****ty QB play gotten the Broncos the last 2 years?
    The same number of playoff wins as the Chiefs

Comment

Whenever I see posts like this from new accounts I always wonder if it's a troll-alt. He should share his ChiefsPlanet name.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
        What have the chiefs done to fix their defense? Serious question.

Asking a young QB to play keep up in his first year as an nfl starter is usually a recipe for disaster. I saw a Titans team make 2nd half adjustments in the playoffs and shread that defense on the ground and with clutch 3rd down throws by Mariota.

Here is the queefs schedule to begin the season:

At Chargers. Has to play a very good defense right off the bat. Rivers is no bum.

At Steelers. Asking Mahomes to keep up with Big Ben on the road is asking too much.

49ers. Garropollo has legitimately proven more than Mahomes has at this point. Not an easy game.

At Broncos. Really looking forward to this game. If you are expecting the same Broncos the chefs saw last year, you may be greatly disappointed. The VJ factor is the only question mark.

Jaguars. Good luck with the jags defense.

At Pats. Belicheat will not let Mahomes beat them.
        0-6, maybe 1-5 if they VJ us.

Comment

Originally posted by eff1ngham View Post
          The same number of playoff wins as the Chiefs
          Yup. Thanks for proving my point

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
            Be careful guys, this may be a historic moment for Chiefs fans. They haven’t won the SB since man walked on the moon. But this is not the typical annual offseason Super Bowl for them. A lesser known fact is they haven’t witnessed the Broncos have back-to-back losing seasons since man walked on the moon either. Just the mere possibility gives them grand delusions it’s the Broncos “turn to suck for 15 years.” (Did you notice that even in their wild imaginations we can’t suck as bad as the Chiefs have in reality.)
            Putting history into sharper focus, this is what we looked like when KC last won a Suoerbowl:

Comment

I have a Chiefs planet account as Zerovoltz, but I never post there. Just read. I also am Zerovoltz at Twobillsdrive.com (Bills board) Zerovoltz at Jetsnation.com Zerovoltz at ChiCityssports.com (bears board) and the fine admins at Brownsboard.com changed my name from Zerovoltz to Pat Mahomo.

I have read the responses here....you folks really put alot of stock into "box score" analysis. If you are going to judge a QB on the 283 and a pick stat line in the Denver game as the basis of your analysis, then you are missing quite a bit. ....afterall....if you just used a box score to judge Alex Smith, you'd think he was a great QB (he is good, but not great) ...the box score doesn't show you all the times he abandons a clean pocket, misses the open target downfield because he is no looking for a place to run. He gains 3 yards on 3rd and 8 and we punt. The box score shows that as a positive play. The QB ratings systems show that as a positive play. In reality..it was a horrible football play. He didn't take a sack, he didn't throw a pic..so QBR and QB Rating reward that....but he basically killed the drive. Happens alot with Smith.

What you can't see looking at Mahomes stat line from the Denver game are the amazing throws he makes that just about no one else has the arm to make. Again, he made these types of throws in the pre season. It isn't that he was in a preseason game and put up stats...that isn't what I am talking about. If you are being chased by 2 or 3 guys who are all over you, rolling out, and you can uncork a strike 30 yards downfield to a covered target, that is cool to see once. It's nice to see it twice. When the guy throws lazers consistantly on target in these situations, you can see it's not fluke or dumb luck. Based on Box Score alone, you could argue that Lynch isn't a bust. You could compare his box score now to others who had played the same number of games at this point in their careers and you could say, wow, Peyton manning was awful after his first 5 games...but Lynch has been average..he could be a star. NO ONE here is promoting Paxton Lynch as a star....because you all are using your eyes to judge what you see, not what the box score tells you.

The Chiefs likewise, didn't trade away Smith based on his box score stats and Mahomes very small sample of box score stats...they made that trade based on what they've seen him do on the field in practice, in preseason and in the Denver game...and throughout his college career. (again, air raid box score stats are always off the charts...that isn't what to look for when evaluating a QB)

Mahomes is going to be incredible. Case Keenum is going to be incredibly ordinary. Bask in your fading glory while you can.

Comment

Mahomes hasn't done anything yet and I don't deny he's made some exciting plays. But the NFL season is long and the chances of Mahomes making incredible throws every single game, to save a drive, is very unlikely. He's gonna get hurt if he continues to leave his feet when he throws. He's putting his career in jeopardy with some of his unorthodox throws. I'd advise KC fans to put a cork on their enthusiasm until Mahomes actually makes it through an entire season.

Comment

So will Mahomes have a losing record like he did in College?

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                    I have a Chiefs planet account as Zerovoltz, but I never post there. Just read. I also am Zerovoltz at Twobillsdrive.com (Bills board) Zerovoltz at Jetsnation.com Zerovoltz at ChiCityssports.com (bears board) and the fine admins at Brownsboard.com changed my name from Zerovoltz to Pat Mahomo.
                    So basically you are a Chiefs fan who doesn’t actually post on the Chiefs board, you just troll other teams’ boards. You must have a really awesome life.

Comment

What you can't see looking at Mahomes stat line from the Denver game are the amazing throws he makes that just about no one else has the arm to make. Again, he made these types of throws in the pre season. It isn't that he was in a preseason game and put up stats...that isn't what I am talking about. If you are being chased by 2 or 3 guys who are all over you, rolling out, and you can uncork a strike 30 yards downfield to a covered target, that is cool to see once. It's nice to see it twice. When the guy throws lazers consistantly on target in these situations, you can see it's not fluke or dumb luck.
                      You're peddling this **** to the wrong crowd. We learned the hard way how little a golden arm can be worth.

Comment

I have read the responses here....you folks really put alot of stock into "box score" analysis. If you are going to judge a QB on the 283 and a pick stat line in the Denver game as the basis of your analysis, then you are missing quite a bit. ....afterall....if you just used a box score to judge Alex Smith, you'd think he was a great QB (he is good, but not great) ...the box score doesn't show you all the times he abandons a clean pocket, misses the open target downfield because he is no looking for a place to run. He gains 3 yards on 3rd and 8 and we punt. The box score shows that as a positive play. The QB ratings systems show that as a positive play. In reality..it was a horrible football play. He didn't take a sack, he didn't throw a pic..so QBR and QB Rating reward that....but he basically killed the drive. Happens alot with Smith.

What you can't see looking at Mahomes stat line from the Denver game are the amazing throws he makes that just about no one else has the arm to make. Again, he made these types of throws in the pre season. It isn't that he was in a preseason game and put up stats...that isn't what I am talking about. If you are being chased by 2 or 3 guys who are all over you, rolling out, and you can uncork a strike 30 yards downfield to a covered target, that is cool to see once. It's nice to see it twice. When the guy throws lazers consistantly on target in these situations, you can see it's not fluke or dumb luck. Based on Box Score alone, you could argue that Lynch isn't a bust. You could compare his box score now to others who had played the same number of games at this point in their careers and you could say, wow, Peyton manning was awful after his first 5 games...but Lynch has been average..he could be a star. NO ONE here is promoting Paxton Lynch as a star....because you all are using your eyes to judge what you see, not what the box score tells you.

The Chiefs likewise, didn't trade away Smith based on his box score stats and Mahomes very small sample of box score stats...they made that trade based on what they've seen him do on the field in practice, in preseason and in the Denver game...and throughout his college career. (again, air raid box score stats are always off the charts...that isn't what to look for when evaluating a QB)

Mahomes is going to be incredible. Case Keenum is going to be incredibly ordinary. Bask in your fading glory while you can.
                        So basically, your reason for labelling Mahomes a "generational talent"...someone who comes along only once or twice in about 20 years...is that you saw him make some nice throws on target while on the run?

That's pretty dumb.

Comment

Yeah...I know alot of Broncos fans who can't wait for Keenum to fail so they can try again in the draft.
                          Before spouting off, maybe see all your failures since your black and white tv era SB win and tell me again why your prediction should be cast in stone? You had one of the best HOF qbs with Montana and still didnt get to the Superbowl. Our free agent HOF qb got there twice...in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                            Whenever I see posts like this from new accounts I always wonder if it's a troll-alt. He should share his ChiefsPlanet name.
                            Probably one that was booted here with a different name.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                              So basically you are a Chiefs fan who doesn’t actually post on the Chiefs board, you just troll other teams’ boards. You must have a really awesome life.
                              I don't post on Chiefs planet...I do have a couple of facebook groups I post in frequently. I am Gary Hamilton. Find my posts in Die Hard Chiefs fans 4 life if you are so inclined to want to read about what I think or post. I have nothing to hide.

Yes. I am here to troll you. If Alex Smith was still the QB, I wouldn't be here. Smith = Keenum.

The golden era of Chiefs football is upon us. You are done. You know it. You knew it the second you signed Case Keenum. It meant you were steering clear of a QB at the draft, and while that wouldn't have guarenteed anything (see Paxton Lynch) it means your front office is GOOD to go with "above average" instead of striving for greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                                You're peddling this **** to the wrong crowd. We learned the hard way how little a golden arm can be worth.

For this audience, I suppose it is worth adding that the coaches and his teamates love him. He isn't a d**k

Comment

Working...
                                X