No announcement yet.

KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .....This is more or less what I thought would happen with Mahomes.....I won't go over all that again.....but I do want to make one point here about Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Once the game became 20-17 49ers. You could tell all the pressure was on the 49ers. I know it because I've watched the Chiefs have late leads VS Elway (and other great QB) and couldn't feel even remotely good about it becaus you KNOW he (Elway) is on the other team and you KNOW if he gets that ball back with any kind of time at all, what is going to happen. So many times, I've watched my team tense up, and blow it late (as you all have alluded to over and over again) because the fear of the "franchise" QB being on the other team was in their heads.....it's like golf when Tiger is within striking distance in a major, and the guy with the lead starts shanking drives and missing puts.

Last night (super bowl) .....that's what happend to SF. Mahomes was on the sideline, and you KNOW what's going to happen if you give him the ball back. The pressure to execute becomes excrutiating. SF wasn't equal to it. After having a 1st down catch overturned by challenge on 2nd and 15, having Mahomes complete that 40 yarder to Hill on 3rd and 15 was the play that got in their head, and on the next possession, Jimmy G, had a chance to make a play to put it away, and he overthrew Sanders. That was it for them.

Like Elway, part of the deal isn't just the plays you make.....it's the mystique of lurking in the shadow and being in the other teams head....Mahomes is that guy. Manning, Elway, and Brady were all that guy. It's a quality that a true franchise QB has....and he has "IT".

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
      .....This is more or less what I thought would happen with Mahomes.....I won't go over all that again.....but I do want to make one point here about Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Once the game became 20-17 49ers. You could tell all the pressure was on the 49ers. I know it because I've watched the Chiefs have late leads VS Elway (and other great QB) and couldn't feel even remotely good about it becaus you KNOW he (Elway) is on the other team and you KNOW if he gets that ball back with any kind of time at all, what is going to happen. So many times, I've watched my team tense up, and blow it late (as you all have alluded to over and over again) because the fear of the "franchise" QB being on the other team was in their heads.....it's like golf when Tiger is within striking distance in a major, and the guy with the lead starts shanking drives and missing puts.

Last night (super bowl) .....that's what happend to SF. Mahomes was on the sideline, and you KNOW what's going to happen if you give him the ball back. The pressure to execute becomes excrutiating. SF wasn't equal to it. After having a 1st down catch overturned by challenge on 2nd and 15, having Mahomes complete that 40 yarder to Hill on 3rd and 15 was the play that got in their head, and on the next possession, Jimmy G, had a chance to make a play to put it away, and he overthrew Sanders. That was it for them.

Like Elway, part of the deal isn't just the plays you make.....it's the mystique of lurking in the shadow and being in the other teams head....Mahomes is that guy. Manning, Elway, and Brady were all that guy. It's a quality that a true franchise QB has....and he has "IT".
      Yawn...

Any half-way decent QB can hit a wide open Child-beater 40 yards down the field.

Comment

.....This is more or less what I thought would happen with Mahomes.....I won't go over all that again.....but I do want to make one point here about Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Once the game became 20-17 49ers. You could tell all the pressure was on the 49ers. I know it because I've watched the Chiefs have late leads VS Elway (and other great QB) and couldn't feel even remotely good about it becaus you KNOW he (Elway) is on the other team and you KNOW if he gets that ball back with any kind of time at all, what is going to happen. So many times, I've watched my team tense up, and blow it late (as you all have alluded to over and over again) because the fear of the "franchise" QB being on the other team was in their heads.....it's like golf when Tiger is within striking distance in a major, and the guy with the lead starts shanking drives and missing puts.

Congrats, Zero!! You were 100% right on Mahomes (and then some). He's special.

Comment

• Originally posted by mray77 View Post

Yawn...

Any half-way decent QB can hit a wide open Child-beater 40 yards down the field.
          Right? That pass wasn't even good. It was a duck that Hill had to wait for. He was just so wide open it didn't matter.

Comment

• You guys won. Congratulations.
            but Mahomes was far from the dominant kingslayer that y'all claimed. He threw ducks and was bailed out by his playmakers, speed and ref bad calls on top of the other team dumbing off... So not too bad. You got another year before some of those playmakers are gone to cover Mahomes' upcoming salary.

Comment

For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
              We have the youngest SB MVP of all-time. He's been elite since day 1.

We are on the verge of doing something special this decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                You guys won. Congratulations.
                but Mahomes was far from the dominant kingslayer that y'all claimed. He threw ducks and was bailed out by his playmakers, speed and ref bad calls on top of the other team dumbing off... So not too bad. You got another year before some of those playmakers are gone to cover Mahomes' upcoming salary.
                10/19 for 170 Yards, 0 TD 0 INT. This was John Elways stat line from their playoff win over KC in 1997 at Arrowhead.

1 of those 10 completions was a 43 yard strike to Ed McCaffrey to set up 1st and goal in the 4th quarter, which Terrell Davis punched in a couple plays later. It was the play of the game in what was an otherwise rough game for the Broncos and Elway. The Chiefs completely outstatted the Broncos in that game, but when it came to it, one QB, made a huge play in the clutch, when it mattered.

In the Super Bowl....Jimmy G and the niners had 3 or 4 chances to simply make a play to put the game away....most notably the play where Emmanual Sanders has gotten behind the coverage, and Jimmy G overthrows him. (ala Case Keenum overthrowing Demerius Thomas) .....Great players MAKE great plays when it matters. That doesn't always mean they have a great stat line. or a great game. Mahomes, in the midst of one of the worst games he's ever played, delivered in the clutch.....like he ALWAYS does.

Comment

• Agamemnon ......If ever there was a stat that gives a data point to show Mahomes special, this might be it.

Mahomes on 3rd and 15 or more this season, including playoffs. 13-17 299 Yards, 3 TD 0 INTS. That's a 99.9 QBR out of 100. The rest of the leauge had a................................................. ...............................................4.7 QBR on that down and distance or more.

Comment

12 TDs to 2 INTs this postseason. Seems fairly dominant to me.

How often did Elway put together a great game from start to finish, btw? And you think he's the GOAT.

We called our shot and Reid and Mahomeslice backed it up. And there'll be more where this came from. This team can still get a lot better and is well-positioned to stay intact and even build over the next few years. CBA will make Mahomes' massive contract a non-issue.

Meanwhile, you'll continue to feebly attempt to sell yourselves on Lockweiler as the savior. H A ! You're bringing a butter knife to a gunfight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

12 TDs to 2 INTs this postseason. Seems fairly dominant to me.

How often did Elway put together a great game from start to finish, btw? And you think he's the GOAT.

We called our shot and Reid and Mahomeslice backed it up. And there'll be more where this came from. This team can still get a lot better and is well-positioned to stay intact and even build over the next few years. CBA will make Mahomes' massive contract a non-issue.

Meanwhile, you'll continue to feebly attempt to sell yourselves on Lockweiler as the savior. You're bringing a butter knife to a gunfight.
                      Please STFU you inbred a$$hat. This is a Broncos board, go away.

Comment

• Anyone thinking Mahomes was not dominant is being a fool. The 49ers defense was a great defense and they were healthy. He scrambled and passed the team to 31 points.

Too bad we as fans will be needing to deal with this monster for at least a decade. He appears to be a person committed to winning. Meaning he won't be doing what the most overrated person in sports Andrew Luck did.

Comment

• Originally posted by mray77 View Post

Please STFU you inbred a$$hat. This is a Broncos board, go away.
                          I'm from Kansas, not West Virginia. Not that I'd expect you to use common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

I'm from Kansas, not West Virginia. Not that I'd expect you to use common sense.
                            What's the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elway's Bastard View Post

What's the difference?
                              Elway's Bastard. I like it.

And there's a huge difference. But you have to travel outside your own state lines to discover this.

Comment

Very True, after watching the superbowl, im actually feeling a little better as a broncos fan going forward. Mahomes is not as good as I had originally thought. I would not be shocked if they dont ever make it back to the big game like Aaron Rodgers hasnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X