KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

Based on his posting history and style, I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet that he’s underage (i.e. NO SOUTH BEACH FOR YOU!!! 🤣). Anyway, for any real Chef fans that are reading, DUI is right. Cheapest tickets are usually about 4-5 days before the game. Go ahead and make your travel arrangements first. In 2013, I actually made my arrangements the night before the AFC Championship game, before all the hotel and airfare prices began to skyrocket.
    Yeah New York was probably high too. I am kicking myself for the 2016 Superbowl not at least driving up to Santa Clara because Hotels around the Niners Stadium were cheap even leading up to game. Thats because its an hour or so away from San Francisco, and all of the national media and big shots/spenders stayed in Downtown San Fran since thats where everything was. The only thing in Santa Clara was the game itself, and hotels were still going for $150 a night which isnt too bad. I wish i would have gone even without having tickets or being able to afford tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

9 Grand, looks like most chief fans know this is a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity.
      Plus another 3 grand I'd guess in hotels and entertainment.

Comment

• Chiefs tickets start at $4,081. 49ers tickets start at $4,166. Why are Chiefs cheaper?

https://nflonlocation.com/superbowl-tickets/

Comment

• Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post

Yeah New York was probably high too. I am kicking myself for the 2016 Superbowl not at least driving up to Santa Clara because Hotels around the Niners Stadium were cheap even leading up to game. Thats because its an hour or so away from San Francisco, and all of the national media and big shots/spenders stayed in Downtown San Fran since thats where everything was. The only thing in Santa Clara was the game itself, and hotels were still going for $150 a night which isnt too bad. I wish i would have gone even without having tickets or being able to afford tickets.
          Yup. Too many fans get scared off by the high prices and media coverage of expensive tickets. For NY, I tracked it like a stock for two weeks before and after the AFC championship game before I pulled the trigger and found the best deal. I think the NY tickets were actually cheaper than expected with two teams flying in from the West, and because a snowstorm was forecast around the day of the game. (Actually snowed the day after, although being in the Club Level mitigated any worry about the gameday weather. Also being acclimated to the Denver weather helped, lol.)

With SF, I actually bought my ticket the morning of the game - luckily, since I was in town I had that luxury. Sooo glad I pulled the trigger and decided to go in hindsight, obviously. The good thing moving forward is that the NFL raised the face value prices for Super Bowl tickets, so at least you don't feel like you're getting ripped off by a scalper. The Broncos are on the upswing again, so start saving up now so you don't have to wimp out like the KC fans currently are when the Broncos make it again in a few years. 😉 L.A. in 2022 sounds pretty nice to me. 😎
          Last edited by Mile High Salute; 01-22-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• 8-9k for good seats. If I were going, I definitely wouldn’t settle for a poor view. Looking at a 20-25,000 trip.

Of course, you’re all multi-millionaires, so you can probably scrounge that up from between your couch cushions.

Personally, unless it’s a truly electric crowd (either of the last two games in Arrowhead would have been fun), I’d generally rather watch on a big screen at home and listen to the commentary. Obviously a SB is a different matter, but not enough to justify that kind of money. Plus, the crowd would be nothing like a raucous Arrowhead. That’s what makes great live experiences great.

Now flying to Miami and partaking in the festivities, then watching in a bar full of Chiefs fans would be a worthwhile time.

Comment

• I’m not going to bash anyone for not paying that type of money to go see their team in the Super Bowl. That’s absurdly expensive for most people. If you have that kind of money, good for you. Try not to be a douche about it though, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                I’m not going to bash anyone for not paying that type of money to go see their team in the Super Bowl. That’s absurdly expensive for most people. If you have that kind of money, good for you. Try not to be a douche about it though, okay?
                That’s the worst thing about living in Denver. Rich assholes from NY, LA, etc come in every winter to vacation and act like they run the town and everybody who is not a multimillionaire is a peasant.

Comment

• Mahomes' 35 starts without losing by more than seven points is the second longest to start a career among Super Bowl era quarterbacks behind Russ Wilsons 38. His eight career losses are by three, three, one, seven, six, six, seven and three points.

When his team is trailing, Mahomes is first in QBR (87) and TD percentage (8.7), second in yards per attempt (8.6) and third in passing touchdowns (33).

He is 5-4 (55%) in his career during games in which the Chiefs trailed by at least 10 points. The rest of the league during that time -- 67-405-3 -- winning 14% of the time.

And the Chiefs scored 40, 51, 31 and 31 points in Mahomes' four losses when trailing by double digits. They came back to lead during the fourth quarter in three of those games.

It's going to be an immense challenge to put together a roster that can win VS KC over the next few years. Even with bad D, or when things aren't breaking KC's way....we are never ever out of a game. (just like Elway) If there is time on the clock, we have a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                    Mahomes' 35 starts without losing by more than seven points is the second longest to start a career among Super Bowl era quarterbacks behind Russ Wilsons 38. His eight career losses are by three, three, one, seven, six, six, seven and three points.

When his team is trailing, Mahomes is first in QBR (87) and TD percentage (8.7), second in yards per attempt (8.6) and third in passing touchdowns (33).

He is 5-4 (55%) in his career during games in which the Chiefs trailed by at least 10 points. The rest of the league during that time -- 67-405-3 -- winning 14% of the time.

And the Chiefs scored 40, 51, 31 and 31 points in Mahomes' four losses when trailing by double digits. They came back to lead during the fourth quarter in three of those games.

It's going to be an immense challenge to put together a roster that can win VS KC over the next few years. Even with bad D, or when things aren't breaking KC's way....we are never ever out of a game. (just like Elway) If there is time on the clock, we have a chance.
                    I gotta tell ya, I'm amazed at what he is accomplishing so far. I just don't think he is playing like this under any other coach not named Andy Reid. You guys struck gold with McHomie.

Comment

• A lot on the line for KC in this Super Bowl. We will see if Mahomes-Reid has the chance to potentially approach the Brady-Belichick combo someday, or whether it will continue to be more like McNabb-Reid.

Comment

A lot on the line for KC in this Super Bowl. We will see if Mahomes-Reid has the chance to potentially approach the Brady-Belichick combo someday, or whether it will continue to be more like McNabb-Reid.
                        Doubt Reid can live that long with the way he takes care of his body but they are going to be a force for a long time.

Comment

• Nobody yet has figured out Mahomes
                          if the 5 first rounder DL of SF can’t do good luck for anyone else

Comment

A lot on the line for KC in this Super Bowl. We will see if Mahomes-Reid has the chance to potentially approach the Brady-Belichick combo someday, or whether it will continue to be more like McNabb-Reid.
                            Pete Carroll and Wilson is my expectation. Mahomes reminds me a lot of Wilson. Another year or two of domination before the salary cap casualties start. The cap does EXACTLY what it was meant to do. It constrains spending to re-distribute talent. The days of dynasty building are over. The Chief's level of talent will decline. Bellicheat benefitted from a super weak division, a QB who always took a hometown discount, and we'll....cheating. It was a perfect storm that we will never see again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                              I wouldn't even mind if the Faid beat them out of the playoffs. Karma is a b*tch and the Chorfs deserve a lot of karma. Up close and personal. Chief Mustard and red, and his lovely wife Buffalo Hump, deserve no less than absolute humiliation.

The vitrol comes from the trolling they do here. fuct them.
                              Looks like you'll have to find something else to spank it to for the next 8 months, Corky. Have fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                                He hasn't ended anything yet zero.
                                You called our 5 SB losses chokes, there is still a big chance to choke for KC in the SB.

Also beating both teams that used to be the oilers is not a worthy championship run to brag on. Y'all had the cakeiest cake-walk any one ever had to get into the show.

Congratulations on your Lamar Hunt though.
                                Finally got one. Maybe someday it won't look like y'all will always be the little yappy dog to our big alpha dog status. It still looks like that now, but you're on your way! Hooray for the little yappy guys!

Now best come back when the game is over regardless the outcome... Okay? Y'all need to be checked no matter what. Either you get to hear how we have 7 more of those Lamar Hunt Trophies and 2 more Lombardi Trophies, or you get to hear how we have 7 more Lamar Hunt Trophies and one more Lombardi. You already match us in playoff losses. But you are still 11 behind on victories, 7 behind on Lamar Hunts, and 2 behind on rings (Mercy and Grace allow us to consider your pre-merger championship a part of this)

KC still sucks.
                                Just because they are trending upwards doesn't erase 50 years of stinking it out. Got to climb a lot longer to climb out that deep ass hole.
                                Oh look; it's ANOTHER babbling idiot who can suck my ass on this fine, fine day. Nice try pops, but Mahomes pisses right in the eyes of your "lofty" 3 Super Bowl wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X