KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

You supposedly have me on ignore, yet you're still talking about me. Haha.

I was here before the playoff run. Why would I just disappear now? I'm certainly not paying for tickets to the game.
    Why not? I thought you were a die hard?
    Guess you’re a coattails kinda fan. You grew up a Pats fan I bet, how cute!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post

Why not? I thought you were a die hard?
      Guess you’re a coattails kinda fan. You grew up a Pats fan I bet, how cute!
      8 or 9 grand per ticket? Plus travel? No thanks. I’d never do that on principle.

Plus, if they lost, it would just add insult to injury. I’ll bet those of you who saw Denver get crushed by Seattle felt great about that investment.

Comment

8 or 9 grand per ticket? Plus travel? No thanks. I’d never do that on principle.

Plus, if they lost, it would just add insult to injury. I’ll bet those of you who saw Denver get crushed by Seattle felt great about that investment.
        Poor guy is programmed so hard by his team choking that he's just gonna wait until their next SB.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	sexy-blonde-in-lingerie-collared-tightly-bound-and-ball-gagged-8.jpg?ssl=1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2560508

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

Poor guy is programmed so hard by his team choking that he's just gonna wait until their next SB.

Lol, thankfully he’s young so can afford to wait another 50 years. 🤣 In all seriousness though, that sort of thinking is a mistake IMO. You can miss a truly unforgettable sports moment that way which you would remember for the rest of your life. One of my friends thought about going to the Broncos SB in NY and said, “nah, I’ll just go when the Broncos make it next year, in Arizona.” Never happened.

And I don’t regret going to SB 48 whatsoever. My wife and I had an awesome time in NYC. Stayed at a great hotel in midtown Manhattan, got to take in Super Bowl City and all the events, went to a Broadway show, heard a live band and went salsa dancing at a Cuban restaurant near Times Square, and got to hang out with my cousin and see her new baby, who was living in NY at the time. And because the tickets were already so expensive, I opened the piggy bank a little more and we partied in the Club Level at Metlife Stadium before and after the game, which was amazing.

So I don’t care that the Broncos lost - we never made it all about the game, and that’s the key to having a great experience no matter what happens. The Super Bowl will probably never be in NY again, so it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Have some fun and if your team wins, it’s gravy.

And at least in my experience, the tickets weren’t as bad as you’d think. Club tickets at Metlife were a little over $4K. Levi’s Stadium was around $2500 IIRC for 50-yard sideline. (And in that case, since I live in SF, the travel costs were essentially zero. The Broncos came to me. 😎) But there’s definitely a trick to timing and which sites to look at, both for tickets and travel reservations. PM me if any of you guys want some pointers. Hopefully Zero and some of the other die hards (i.e. NOT Dud lol) can make it.

Comment

In other words, I can't get a second mortgage on the double-wide.

Comment

• I still think Drew Lock is awesome. Mainly due to the excellent coaching he had while a young kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaMagnum View Post

In other words, I can't get a second mortgage on the double-wide.
                    Yeah, they normally don't let kids do a mortgage.

Comment

As a poster mentioned, you're conditioned to being a loser and it's anticipation.

You just sound soft to me. Come on here all hard with bravado 'Kfc this-KfC that' ten you follow it up with 'I can't take it and I'll mask it with 'it costs too much'. First SB in 5 billion years...

So transparent. What a joke!

Comment

• If nothing else go to Miami and party with everyone and watch somewhere on South Beach/Lauderdale if you can't afford the ticket. I would never pay that much for a ticket if they are 9 grand either. They will drop closer to game/kickoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                          If nothing else go to Miami and party with everyone and watch somewhere on South Beach/Lauderdale if you can't afford the ticket. I would never pay that much for a ticket if they are 9 grand either. They will drop closer to game/kickoff.
                          Based on his posting history and style, I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet that he’s underage (i.e. NO SOUTH BEACH FOR YOU!!! 🤣). Anyway, for any real Chef fans that are reading, DUI is right. Cheapest tickets are usually about 4-5 days before the game. Go ahead and make your travel arrangements first. In 2013, I actually made my arrangements the night before the AFC Championship game, before all the hotel and airfare prices began to skyrocket.

Comment

• Miami’s an awesome destination too for anyone who hasn’t been there, especially in February. Really beats the hell out of a Detroit, Minneapolis, or Indianapolis as far as February SB destinations go. If things weren’t so crazy at work right now and I didn’t have a toddler at home, maybe I’d go there myself and cheer on the 49ers, haha.

Comment

• Would be hilarious if the Chefs wind up being underrepresented in Miami because all their fans assume they’re going to make 15 straight SBs, so they can just go “next year”. 🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                                If nothing else go to Miami and party with everyone and watch somewhere on South Beach/Lauderdale if you can't afford the ticket. I would never pay that much for a ticket if they are 9 grand either. They will drop closer to game/kickoff.
                                9 Grand, looks like most chief fans know this is a ONCE in a lifetime opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X