No announcement yet.

KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Barf) Since 83, only two teams out of 91, that was +150 in total yards and +15:00 in TOP with even turnovers, have lost. KC is one of the two to accomplish it. Mahomes was awesome. Special teams was uncharacteristicly brutally bad today. Tennessee returned a fumble for a TD, Chiefs had untimely penalties including one that overturned a TD. Then Reid blew it at the end with bad call on 3rd and 2, then opting to Punt.

I remember a Chiefs win VS Denver, where Denver had doninated the game, and somehow Pete Stoyanovich ensued kicking a 58 yard FG as time expired for the win. I remember thinking them that KC had no business winning that game. Today is the opposite. 50 things all had to happen for the Titans to win even though we controlled the ball, etc etc and all 50 of them happened. 40 of them, we did to ourselves.

New England got blown out by these guys in Tennessee last year. Weird team. They’d probably lose to the Bengals.

7-1 Saints lose at home, to 1-7 Falcons. Dolphins beat Colts. Pittsburgh back in the hunt.

What a crap game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
      Then Reid blew it at the end with bad call on 3rd and 2, then opting to Punt.

Why dont I remember this punt?

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
        Why dont I remember this punt?
        because it didn't happen.....so pissed I can't remember game details right. .......It was a horrible SELF INFLICTED LOSS. how bout that.. I like Ried. I still want him to be my coach. He IS FLAWED. One of his well documented flaws here is clock management. The other one less talked about....he is at times....too much of a players coach. Lack of discipline KILLED us yestarday. Also....not that it matters to anyone here...but the ODD as hell usage of Ragland and Pennel (a very big, heavy DT we have) is inexplicable. they made heavy used of those two VS the Vikings and the Vikings couldn't run on us. We are playing the freaking Titans....Chris Henry is our kryptonite, and we go light on D? WTF?

Comment

• What's worse, Andy Reid's clock management or Andy Reid penchant for going pass-wacky at the wrong times?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            What's worse, Andy Reid's clock management or Andy Reid penchant for going pass-wacky at the wrong times?
            His cholesterol

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              What's worse, Andy Reid's clock management or Andy Reid penchant for going pass-wacky at the wrong times?
              In yesterday’s game, it was the latter. Maholmes is their franchise, and coming off an ankle and knee injury, and playing an inferior team. So what does he do? Abandon the run, and have Maholmes throw 50 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

In yesterday’s game, it was the latter. Maholmes is their franchise, and coming off an ankle and knee injury, and playing an inferior team. So what does he do? Abandon the run, and have Maholmes throw 50 times.
                He was obviously hobbled too. I think healthy he probably was fast enough to get to the edge on several plays and keep plays alive. He might have got that 3rd and 2 late in the game that should have been a run anyway.

Comment

• I really enjoy all the talk around here....

Should the Broncos sign Rivers?
                  Should the Broncos sign Brees?
                  Should the Broncos sign Cam?
                  Should the Broncos sign Brady?

....The answer is YES. the over the hill QB A team are all perfect for the continuing blah QB showcase that is the Denver Broncos from year to year. You guys are really getting good at this "meh QB parade" thing.

Comment

• As of today.....

26 games. 26 starts. 617/938 65.8 Comp% 8189 Yards, 69 TD, 15 INT. 8.7 Y/A 111.1 QB Rating. 312yds/Game.

Presented without further comment.

Comment

• Gary, typing away with those meaningless stats.
                      Still no Super Bowls for the Queefs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                        Gary, typing away with those meaningless stats.
                        If you want to knock KC for no superbowls etc...fine....and there's plenty of it in the Chiefs suck thread....this is a QB comparison thread. Those stats are VERY meaningful to the topic of this thread. I put it here for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                          Gary, typing away with those meaningless stats.
                          Do you realize how retarded it would have sounded to say “still no Super Bowl” after Elway’s or Marino’s rookie year?

No, you probably don’t.

Comment

As of today.....

26 games. 26 starts. 617/938 65.8 Comp% 8189 Yards, 69 TD, 15 INT. 8.7 Y/A 111.1 QB Rating. 312yds/Game.

Presented without further comment.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	132
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	2528334

Comment

• ....was just reading through this whole thing again.....and the foremost thought I have is.....man, I wish that Footsteps guy was still here....this thread and that Memphis Belle stuff sure was fun......but secondly....Basically 2 seasons after I came here and posted this....KC is in the super bowl....with a 24 year old generational QB....and Denver is going into 2020 hoping at least with the idea they are going to see what Lock can do. (Brody Croyle?) ......Perhaps denver can become that pecker gnat of a team KC was in the 90's and 2000's....good enough to rise up once in a while and beat us, but never a threat to actually do anything once the playoffs come around....or perhaps...not....we'll see how that goes....point is...I think everyone here, by now understands what KC has........it occurred to most of you halfway into this thing once the 2018 season was about 5 weeks old.

.....Mahomes has eradicated the playoff curse, eradicated the Andy Ried playoff choke narrative....eradicated the Air Raid...big 12, QB sucks narrative. He's risen above the 50 years of bad calls, bad luck, bad mojo, bad choices....all that....One more game to go....

Kind of hope you all pick up the pace a bit.....I don't want the legacy watered down with "KC always had 6 division wins in the bag every year" like the Pats did.

Comment

.....Mahomes has eradicated the playoff curse, eradicated the Andy Ried playoff choke narrative....eradicated the Air Raid...big 12, QB sucks narrative. He's risen above the 50 years of bad calls, bad luck, bad mojo, bad choices....all that....One more game to go....
                                Whoa... easy tiger. Andy still has the biggest stage to blow it on.

Comment

Working...
                                X