Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
    There’s always immense pressure...it’s the playoffs

    But I don’t expect a first year starter to win his first playoff game. It usually doesn’t happen. We knew this was a “re-tooling” year, and what a retool it was. We were picked to finished 3rd with Denver

    Hopefully Mahomes will prove me wrong...AGAIN!
    HFA changes everything and brings your playoff track record into more scrutiny KC needs to break that stink ASAP . The next time in the playoffs will be even more pressure especially if they have HFA

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CEH View Post
      HFA changes everything and brings your playoff track record into more scrutiny KC needs to break that stink ASAP . The next time in the playoffs will be even more pressure especially if they have HFA
      Everyone already knows about the home playoff stuff. We’ve never won a home divisional. No one is pretending otherwise

      I’m interested in seeing how KC plays

      Divisional was my expectation for the season, I just never expected to get here so soon. It’s a great opportunity for us. It’s hard to imagine how big it would be if Mahomes and KC pulls it off, words couldn’t describe it. The only description would be “Mahomes”.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TomServo View Post
        The pressure on the Chefs will be Crazy. This time for sure... we have a crazy good QB just like Marino.....O Wait.......We have home field.....O crap that hasn't worked out for us lately.....We have Andy Reid......Holy *hit. were screwed.
        KC fans,God, can you give us Chefs fans just one?
        GOD: NO! you fans are the worst, Just sayin.
        Who cares? Chiefs are going to be in the playoffs yearly with this QB as long as Andy is here.

        Remember Elway having pressure bc his team couldn’t win a Super Bowl 14 years into his career? How about Kelly? Marino? What about Rivers right now?

        There’s going to be pressure no matter what.

        Comment


        • I don’t see a quarterback “reversal”, well I do to a small degree

          But Denver never had a quarterback this young AND good, so I don’t see a reversal, I see a completely new dimension

          Manning was GOAT level, but he was pretty old

          Elway became great but it took him a while to hit his stride

          Comment


          • Honestly I would like KC’s chances better if they were a Wild Card team going on the road. There have just been too many inexplicable home playoff losses. Perhaps Arrowhead is founded on an Indian burial ground? Or maybe it’s just the Andy Reid effect.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
              Honestly I would like KC’s chances better if they were a Wild Card team going on the road. There have just been too many inexplicable home playoff losses. Perhaps Arrowhead is founded on an Indian burial ground? Or maybe it’s just the Andy Reid effect.
              Under Reid our offense is usually sharper and more aggressive on the road. No wonder Mahomes had 31 touchdowns on the road an NFL record

              But our defense needs Arrowhead to have any chance to keep a playoff team under 35

              Historically the Chiefs franchise is better away from home in the playoffs. Most of the franchise playoff wins have come away from home. Chiefs largest playoff margin of victory at home is 10-6, while our biggest margin of victory away from home is 30-0. But of course, historically we’ve never had an All-Pro QB, so we’ll see what changes

              As for “Reid Effect”...no. He has more playoff wins (11) than our whole franchise (9)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
                Under Reid our offense is usually sharper and more aggressive on the road. No wonder Mahomes had 31 touchdowns on the road an NFL record

                But our defense needs Arrowhead to have any chance to keep a playoff team under 35

                Historically the Chiefs franchise is better away from home in the playoffs. Most of the franchise playoff wins have come away from home. Chiefs largest playoff margin of victory at home is 10-6, while our biggest margin of victory away from home is 30-0. But of course, historically we’ve never had an All-Pro QB, so we’ll see what changes

                As for “Reid Effect”...no. He has more playoff wins (11) than our whole franchise (9)
                It's still going to be crazy. But yeah, I'm sure Queefs fans and the Queef staff are well aware of the fail. Even in Reids time there, they have had their fair share.
                This isn't something they aren't aware of.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                  It's still going to be crazy. But yeah, I'm sure Queefs fans and the Queef staff are well aware of the fail. Even in Reids time there, they have had their fair share.
                  This isn't something they aren't aware of.
                  We’ll see. I don’t want to underrate the effect a guy like Mahomes has on the team. His total confidence and talent is something we’ve never had at QB before (well, since the merger). Mahomes doesn’t worry about games Smith and Bono lost-he’s better than them and he knows it

                  I do worry about the negativity of the Arrowhead crowd whenever things go bad (typical Missourians) but maybe the positivity and confidence of Mahomes is the guy to counterbalance that. Because Alex sure wasn’t

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
                    We’ll see. I don’t want to underrate the effect a guy like Mahomes has on the team. His total confidence and talent is something we’ve never had at QB before (well, since the merger). Mahomes doesn’t worry about games Smith and Bono lost-he’s better than them and he knows it

                    I do worry about the negativity of the Arrowhead crowd whenever things go bad (typical Missourians) but maybe the positivity and confidence of Mahomes is the guy to counterbalance that. Because Alex sure wasn’t
                    Are you going?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
                      I don’t see a quarterback “reversal”, well I do to a small degree

                      But Denver never had a quarterback this young AND good, so I don’t see a reversal, I see a completely new dimension

                      Manning was GOAT level, but he was pretty old

                      Elway became great but it took him a while to hit his stride
                      It’s a different era now. Elway had to face defenses

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by OABB View Post
                        It’s a different era now. Elway had to face defenses
                        When did Elway ever lead the NFL in touchdowns?

                        When was Elway ever a First Team All Pro?

                        He didn’t win a playoff game until his 4th season

                        Still HOF of course, but he was never MVP caliber until 1986 or so. Pat is the league leader in offense
                        Last edited by Gunshow; 01-05-2019, 12:36 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
                          When did Elway ever lead the NFL in touchdowns?

                          When was he ever a First Team All Pro?

                          He didn’t win a playoff game until his 4th season

                          Still HOF of course, but he was never MVP caliber until 1986 or so
                          If he had this team and these rules in his prime he’d have 70 tds

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by OABB View Post
                            If he had this team and these rules in his prime he’d have 70 tds
                            Mahomes would be 19-0 with some of those 80s Broncos defenses

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
                              Mahomes would be 19-0 with some of those 80s Broncos defenses
                              Not handing it off 3 times to winder every drive he wouldn’t.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Gunshow View Post
                                Mahomes would be 19-0 with some of those 80s Broncos defenses
                                I'd really like to see Mahomes take the pounding defenses dished out thru the 80's and 90's. I'd like to see him with a Dan Reeves offense too.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X