KC and Denver QB situation reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WakeUpCall View Post
    As a Chiefs fan I have to admit, that's hard to argue. The Chiefs always find a way to break our hearts, even if it's their standing in the league that results in being f'd-over with a forward progress ruling in a situation where the rule doesn't apply.
    Almost makes me feel something for you guys, but then I remember the 3 blatant blocks in the back during Dante Halls TD return that the refs missed.

Comment

• *sniff* Wait...did someone take a **** in here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        Oh look: Chief fan offseason thread declaring "everything is different now!"

These are a dime a dozen. They usually don't go well for you guys.

And once again you guys have this weird fixation on being better than Denver. Not the league or winning a SB, but being better than Denver.

Denver fans are interested in SB's. We don't have this weird inferiority complex that Chief fans do.
        Oh Kaylore, the off season is all they have, so be nice. It's like their Superbowl. They don't even have power rankings this year to help them out.

https://usat.ly/2HHrQzT

Comment

• Defense wins championships and the last time I looked, KC doesn't have one of those.

Comment

• Clark Hunt , the owner of the Chiefs , strives each year to win the trophy with his namesake on it. When that is the goal of you organization , it’s all you need to know.
            Don’t believe me, find the hard knocks with the Chiefs and you will see the preseason talk to the club from the owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              Oh look: Chief fan offseason thread declaring "everything is different now!"

These are a dime a dozen. They usually don't go well for you guys.

And once again you guys have this weird fixation on being better than Denver. Not the league or winning a SB, but being better than Denver.

Denver fans are interested in SB's. We don't have this weird inferiority complex that Chief fans do.
              You can basically mark the changing of the seasons (spring to summer) by the consistency of a "Chiefs are the best team to play football this year before they even take a real down" threads made by Chiefs fans. I just consider it an annual mark of time. Like seeing cherry blossoms, or mowing the grass.

Comment

• It’s interesting that you think Mahomes is even the most important part of the offense right now. For the first half of he season, I’m going to say your most important stars on offense are a) Kareem Hunt, and b) Travis Kelce. If those guys don’t have great games, you lose. Are we supposed to be scared of Sammy Watkins just because you guys paid him as much as we paid our QB?

Mahomes is quite an interesting prospect and I’ll give him props if he does turn around a middling Chiefs team, but let’s just see what happens when teams start putting together some film on him. He can’t carry that team without Kareem’s help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                  For years we had to watch John Elway break our hearts. We may have had some great teams over the years, but never the better QB. You got Manning and it continued on for a while longer.

That's over now. Going to be fun watching this next decade plus as your team is led by marginally ok veterans who aren't difference makers while the Chiefs are contenders every year for the next 15 seasons.

You're going to love going 10-6 or so and losing in the playoffs every year, then not being in position when the major QB prospect here and there is available at the top of the draft. You've already gotten a taste of it with Lynch. And you'll all love Keenum until he can't carry the team when it matters.

We FINALY have the the generational talent at QB we've been missing all these years.

Your turn to suffer Denver. (and in the back of your mind, you know I'm right)
                  This is pretty funny. First of all, Mahomes has proven even less than Keenum. Many people (myself included) were surprised to see the Chefs jettison Alex Smith - he was far from their biggest problem the last few years. Secondly, why even bother to talk trash here? Neither of our teams are winning anything anytime soon. We're stuck with VJ, who can't even figure out how to work his headset. You guys have Andy Reid, who does things like running out the clock on himself and forgetting that Kareem Hunt is on his team.

Comment

• oh look...another Chefs suck thread

Comment

• The Broncos have won twice as many AFC Championship games (8) as the Chefs have playoff games (4). Silly Chef fans acting like they matter.

Comment

• Remember that time Tim Tebow led the Broncos to a win in Arrowhead after only completing two passes?

There should be a sub-forum where all these yearly "Chiefs are the best ever!" threads can be stored and reflected upon for posterity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post
                          ....clearly I am a biased Chiefs fan...so right away, anything I might have to say is met with ridicule and disdain..that's fine...I'll quote some guys whose opinions you probably respect quite a bit more than mine.

Von Miller - He came out and made some great throws, He’s a rookie, still, and got out there and played lights out. We had some ones out there and he still came through and played. Hats off to Mahomes."

“He’s going to be the quarterback of the future. He’s going to be a great quarterback. He has great scramble ability. He can scramble and throw the ball. He’s going to be a great quarterback.”

Aqib Talib - “I saw enough of Patrick Mahomes to think Alex Smith is going to be a free agent next year,” “That guy can play some ball. That guy can play some ball. He’s smart. I saw him checking protections, I saw him reading the defense. We know how strong his arm is. The guy is a competitor. I think Alex Smith, he definitely might be on the market this year.

“The guy (Mahomes) got an AK-47 for an arm. He can throw it wherever he wants. It doesn’t matter if he’s running left or right. He’s got a gun for an arm and it shows on the field.”

Or...mabye take a look at this breakdown. Baldy does these all year long for a lot of players and teams...pretty good stuff.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-bre...fs-Film-Review
                          You don't have to convince us that your team is good. Your team has to go out and be good. The latter is where the Chiefs always have and always will fall short. There are plenty of kool aid drinking Chef fans out there that can say what you're saying but the problem is that your team will fail you once again.

Soon the local tv station will be buying up tickets again to avoid a blackout then you will hire some coach or draft another decent player and the seats at that s#!*hole you call a stadium will fill up once again with the Chiefs Kingdom "faithful". The ability of Chiefs fans to bounce back and crawl out of their hole time and time again is truly impressive.

Comment

• Someone save this thread to bump during the season, this will be hilarious, more hilarious than the chiefs fans guaranteeing manning would never win a SB with Denver.

Comment

• Anyone remember BossChief?

Here was his bragging after a perfect KC preseason in 2015 (the year of SB50): http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119521

Comment

• There's really not a lot to do in Kansas City until football season starts, so I understand why the OP is here. It's either watch KC football, bother members of real teams on their message boards, or this:

Comment

Working...
                                X