No announcement yet.

Denver Post vs. The Athletic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the athletic may be good I don't love the idea of paying a subscription for something of that nature on the internet. Call me cheap or whatever, but it is what holds me back from signing up.

The post used to be awesome, but now it is cheap drizzle with no good Broncos coverage which is sad, but really aren't journalists just twitter users these days? Finding quality writing at all is tough these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
      While the athletic may be good I don't love the idea of paying a subscription for something of that nature on the internet. Call me cheap or whatever, but it is what holds me back from signing up.

The post used to be awesome, but now it is cheap drizzle with no good Broncos coverage which is sad, but really aren't journalists just twitter users these days? Finding quality writing at all is tough these days.
      If you can't figure out the problem with these two sentences, nobody here can help you.

That's not a knock. It's a very common sentiment. You want the quality, but don't want to pay for quality. That's not how it works.

Comment

Nice try, but your logic doesn't work.

I am not willing to pay because it is garbage with some good quality stories sprinkled in but not worth it. The Post writers who were average moving over to start at the athletic for Denver isn't exactly a great mover of the needle. Great, more recycled writers. Yay!!!!!!!!!! It is perfectly logical to say I won't pay for something that isn't that good and 99% of sports writing is just awful. I can get awful writing and even more outrageous theories right on the OM for free. On line I enjoy the Ringer's occasional quality, but it still a ton of hyperbola and lists overall.

I read a ton and probably drop hundreds of dollars a year on books both digital and hard copy, so not opposed to spending money in general for quality, but not for something on line that is easy to find elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X