Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who made the bigger mistake. The Browns or the Giants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who made the bigger mistake. The Browns or the Giants?

I made fun of the Browns. I think their actual bigger mistake was taking Mayfield over Donald. That remains to be seen.

The first surprise to me and the actual dumbest pick of the top 5 was made by the Giants. Saquon Barkley has NOT shown that he is a between the tackles RB. I read that in his scouting. Everyone seemed to be enamored by the speed and playmaking ability.

Their defense is suspect to say the least. They traded away Pierre and that had everyone pretty much assume they were going to take Chubb.

I think that was the first one that shocked me. Maybe even more than when the Browns passed on Chubb. Denzel Ward is the top corner with 4.3 speed. They had their pass rusher with Myles Garret.

I think the Giants made the bigger mistake. Even though RB has made a return over the last few years as far as value with Gurley, Ezekiel, and Fournette, I still do not think RBs are worthy of a top 5 pick in todays NFL.

Them taking Mayfield over Darnold was the greatest mistake of the draft.

Comment

Umm the giants did nothing wrong. Barkley will be a beast for them.

Comment

It reminds me of the Bills taking C.J. Spiller... only 7 picks higher. QBs, Pass Rusher, DB... you don’t take a RB that high, it’s just dumb.

The Giants pick was way more dumb imo

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
          Umm the giants did nothing wrong. Barkley will be a beast for them.
          It’s not about Barkley; it’s the fact that Eli is completely washed up and they passed on a potential franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
            It reminds me of the Bills taking C.J. Spiller... only 7 picks higher. QBs, Pass Rusher, DB... you don’t take a RB that high, it’s just dumb.

The Giants pick was way more dumb imo
            Yes, I agree with this. It may work out, however if that defense suffers and Chubb becomes a Terrell Suggs type, that will be hard to ignore for their fans.

RBs, prime years are about 6 seasons. That is the average. To me, there were A LOT of RBs in this draft this year.

Considering that the Giants traded away Pierre-Paul, and their defense was already weak, what is it going to be now. Pierre-Paul was their sack leader on defense in 2017.

The Giants were 29th in the NFL in sacks last year. TWENTY NINTH in the NFL and now their sack leader is gone, and they bypassed on what could be the best player in the draft and easily best pass rusher for a RB?

I don't think it is close either.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
              It’s not about Barkley; it’s the fact that Eli is completely washed up and they passed on a potential franchise QB.
              The Mannings, are basically assholes. Sorry, I said it. That would have literally offended Eli Manning.

Not kidding.

Comment

Nobody knows yet who was a mistake but by far the riskiest pick in the entire draft was taking Mayfield #1 overall. That doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a mistake but that was a huge roll of the dice compounded by the fact that it was the Browns who picked him.

Comment

Probably Cleveland, because until they show me anything they will be Cleveland. Barkley for the Giants is short term gain, long term pain. Might make them competitive for the next 2 years, but they could have set up the successor to Eli for 15 after that.

Comment

I almost feel sorry for Mayfield, even tho I don't like him. Dang, being a Brown!

Comment

Depends on how you feel about Kyle Lauletta. Barkley is a badass at a position that they've struggled with, They got the OG many here wanted. They also have more defensive talent than their record showed. I can see the Giants bouncing back easier than seeing the Browns take a big leap forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
                        Yes, I agree with this. It may work out, however if that defense suffers and Chubb becomes a Terrell Suggs type, that will be hard to ignore for their fans.

RBs, prime years are about 6 seasons. That is the average. To me, there were A LOT of RBs in this draft this year.

Considering that the Giants traded away Pierre-Paul, and their defense was already weak, what is it going to be now. Pierre-Paul was their sack leader on defense in 2017.

The Giants were 29th in the NFL in sacks last year. TWENTY NINTH in the NFL and now their sack leader is gone, and they bypassed on what could be the best player in the draft and easily best pass rusher for a RB?

I don't think it is close either.
                        Exactly, those guy take a pounding in the NFL. I recall when Buddy Nix took CJ Spiller, they loved his home-run play making ability... that is great and all for the occasional time he ripped off huge run or a TD, but there were a lot of times he was stopped for no gain.. a lot...

I don't know how you can justify skipping an elite pass rusher when they are just there for the taking, and as you note, when your best pass rusher is gone...

Maybe we're wrong and Barkley redefines the position, but in a league that has made passing the ball more attractive, I don't see how you can justify a back that high..,.

Good for us though...

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
                          I almost feel sorry for Mayfield, even tho I don't like him. Dang, being a Brown!
                          Its like Allen in Buffalo- land in a place were QB careers go to die, and a franchise that sucks at developing talent at that position.

Comment

Mayfield is gonna get pounded in that division. You almost have to have a guy who can take a beating.

Comment

You can't really tell before they have played a snap but as others have said it's way too high for a rb. There were QBs and Chubb there.

Comment

Working...
                              X