Ranking the #1 draft picks in NFL history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manchambo View Post
    Looking at all the QBs on that list is sobering. Even picking first it's a damn crapshoot.
    I was reading an article last night that essentially any QB pick is a risk, so there is no real reason not to go all in with your wager. It was geared toward teams trying to move up to grab a top prospect, it made me think a little differently about draft philosophy. I tend to be a best talent regardless of position kind of guy, theory being if you don't take the best talent, you're settling for less.

I for one am excited about the group of young men the Broncos will have access to early in round one... there are just some studs outside of the QB position.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
      I was reading an article last night that essentially any QB pick is a risk, so there is no real reason not to go all in with your wager. It was geared toward teams trying to move up to grab a top prospect, it made me think a little differently about draft philosophy. I tend to be a best talent regardless of position kind of guy, theory being if you don't take the best talent, you're settling for less.

I for one am excited about the group of young men the Broncos will have access to early in round one... there are just some studs outside of the QB position.
      I absolutely believe that it would be a waste for Denver to move up. No one actually knows which of the top QBs will turn out great.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
        Game manger in a lopsided Era. best D of all time based on longevity.

His best pass was a deflection.
        Bradshaw was known best for thrown the deep ball and he's a game manager? The iconic plays from Super Bowl X and XIV were Bradshaw's vertical passes to Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.

Comment

Originally posted by balero View Post
          Bradshaw was known best for thrown the deep ball and he's a game manager? The iconic plays from Super Bowl X and XIV were Bradshaw's vertical passes to Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.
          Basically, was able to ride a great D then tried to throw daggers. The game has changed a bunch from then til now. Before the west coast offense became popular and changed the idea of passing, being the QB was about throwing down the field.

Comment

the Best thing Bradshaw ever did was having to hand Elway that Lombardi trophy.

Comment

My favorite thing about that article was the first comment that came up. Some knucklehead Pats fan "Brady's not on this list? This list is stupid" or something along those lines. Read the title numb nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                #4 Bradshaw? Jesus... that list is junk. Most overrated QB ever.
                Was just going to post this. And Aikman at 5. A little high in my book. There were some on there that I didn't agree with at all for being too high or too low.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                  I grew up in Western NY, there was nothing like watching Bruce Smith disrupt and destroy... I think that is why Von Miller has been such a pleasure, reminds me of Bruce Smith with his quickness and general unstoppableness at times...

Although, I have never seen a first step like Von's- its elite and unique.
                  Loved to watch Smith. He was dominating.

Comment

Working...
                  X