Broncos Complete Trade For Su’a Cravens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougarrick View Post
    Lance Zierlein has the Broncos trading down with the Bills for #12 and a second rounder.
    If they were to trade down to 12 with Buffalo, they wouldn’t do it without at least getting Buffalo’s other first rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crusher View Post
      If they were to trade down to 12 with Buffalo, they wouldn’t do it without at least getting Buffalo’s other first rounder.
      We don't need to be trading down at all. Though I truly think we are not staying at 5 one way or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougarrick View Post
        Lance Zierlein has the Broncos trading down with the Bills for #12 and a second rounder.
        That is fair value, and I’ll say that if Elway trades back from 5 for only fair value, I will be the first in line to call for his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
          That is fair value, and I’ll say that if Elway trades back from 5 for only fair value, I will be the first in line to call for his head.

For just the 12 and 2nd rounder? They better add in 2019s 2nd rounder too. Cause Bills will be desperate if they are jumping into top 5. Squeeze them and they’ll still pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
            We don't need to be trading down at all. Though I truly think we are not staying at 5 one way or another.
            We don't need to?

That's a weird way to look at it. How about this: Which move makes us better as a team?

I personally think we would be better off if we did trade down, but I could also see us staying put if the right guy falls. Trading up to 1 or 2 would be a complete disaster due to the cost.

Here are my top scenarios:

1. Trade back with the Bills and pick two non-QBs at 12 and 22. This, of course, is based on your belief in Keenum as a good QB, which I am on board with. Now you can draft two guys who are either 1 or 2 at their position in the draft and who will be expected to come in right away and compete for starting jobs. Two of WR, TE, OL, NT, ILB, CB are now taken care of and you still have 2.8 and 3.7 to get something decent with. You have just given Case Keenum a huge vote of confidence going into training camp. Our team is looking pretty good for the next two seasons and longer if Keenum performs and is extended.

2. Draft Chubb at 5. To me, this is the only guy worth taking at 5. At least 2 of the QBs will be gone, Barkley is a running back, Fitzpatrick and Ward aren't good enough to justify spending this much capital.

3. Trade back with a team that has a 1st in the 9 to 15 range that is also likely to be picking early again next season. This isn't as immediately gratifying, and it may not be highly likely to happen, but there could be HUGE value here. We could grab a 1st this year, a 1st next season, and possible a little more in this draft. We could get a starter with the 1st, and then have a good shot at being right back in this position again next year with someone else's pick.

4. If Buffalo doesn't want to trade with us for whatever reason, Chubb is gone, and we can't find another trade down option, I have no idea what to do. It's a nightmare scenario. None of the QBs really impress me, Derwin James is a beast but we now have 3 guys at safety. If I'm Elway in this scenario, I take a long slow draw of scotch and probably bite the bullet on Barkley.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
              We don't need to?

That's a weird way to look at it. How about this: Which move makes us better as a team?

I personally think we would be better off if we did trade down, but I could also see us staying put if the right guy falls. Trading up to 1 or 2 would be a complete disaster due to the cost.

1. Trade back with the Bills and pick two non-QBs at 12 and 22. This, of course, is based on your belief in Keenum as a good QB, which I am on board with. Now you can draft two guys who are either 1 or 2 at their position in the draft and who will be expected to come in right away and compete for starting jobs. Two of WR, TE, OL, NT, ILB, CB are now taken care of and you still have 2.8 and 3.7 to get something decent with. You have just given Case Keenum a huge vote of confidence going into training camp. Our team is looking pretty good for the next two seasons and longer if Keenum performs and is extended.

2. Draft Chubb at 5. To me, this is the only guy worth taking at 5. At least 2 of the QBs will be gone, Barkley is a running back, Fitzpatrick and Ward aren't good enough to justify spending this much capital.

3. Trade back with a team that has a 1st in the 9 to 15 range that is also likely to be picking early again next season. This isn't as immediately gratifying, and it may not be highly likely to happen, but there could be HUGE value here. We could grab a 1st this year, a 1st next season, and possible a little more in this draft. We could get a starter with the 1st, and then have a good shot at being right back in this position again next year with someone else's pick.

4. If Buffalo doesn't want to trade with us for whatever reason, Chubb is gone, and we can't find another trade down option, I have no idea what to do. It's a nightmare scenario. None of the QBs really impress me, Derwin James is a beast but we now have 3 guys at safety. If I'm Elway in this scenario, I take a long slow draw of scotch and probably bite the bullet on Barkley.
              Not a weird way to look at it at all, the top 5 has the top tier talent, maybe the top 8. What makes the team better is getting an elite player. Trading down and you get a solid player, maybe 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                For just the 12 and 2nd rounder? They better add in 2019s 2nd rounder too. Cause Bills will be desperate if they are jumping into top 5. Squeeze them and they’ll still pay.
                You get their #22 also, as a minimum.

Comment

You get their #22 also, as a minimum.
                  I would prefer a 1 in 2019 to #22.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
                    We don't need to?

If 4 happens, my guess is Nelson or Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                      If 4 happens, my guess is Nelson or Ward.
                      Given the switch to more zone, Ward would fit but then you have no truly physical "bully" CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Traveler View Post
                        Didn't read this entire thread so I'm not sure this was mentioned/ OTC has Cravens cap hit at $651 thousand. Is that correct? If so, I like this trade even better.
                        That is correct because there are no signing bonuses, etc. to add in. The Skins paid for that already, and it gets charged to thier cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                          Given the switch to more zone, Ward would fit but then you have no truly physical "bully" CB.
                          Sure, whatever, but he's talented.

Comment

That is correct because there are no signing bonuses, etc. to add in. The Skins paid for that already, and it gets charged to thier cap.
                            Awesome! First good trade by Elway in awhile value wise. Seems like he either gives up too much or doesn't get enough with some of trades he's made in the past IMO.

Comment

Awesome! First good trade by Elway in awhile value wise. Seems like he either gives up too much or doesn't get enough with some of trades he's made in the past IMO.
                              Why do you think so many feel Lynch will stay? His signing bonus comes due on our cap if traded.

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                              Yep. All we did is trade a 5th for cheap labor and talent. That's a massive win.

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                              Sure, whatever, but he's talented.
                              Yeah, but when teams line up 6-3 WR's to play against our shorter CB's and they lob TD's, they you will complain that we don't have a tall CB to match up against them, that the FO is morons and the coaching staff shouldn't put smaller guys on physical WR's.

Comment

Trading away Sambrailo was also a steal.

Comment

Working...
                                X