Broncos Complete Trade For Su’a Cravens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yerner View Post
    Interestingly, Cooley doesn't think he has the range for a full time safety job.
    This article touches on that a little bit.

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/...kins-secondary

"I've always heard a ‘tweener’ or a ‘hybrid.’ 'Too small for a linebacker or too big for a safety,'" Cravens said. "I think if you can play, you're gonna find a way on the field."

The Redskins plan to figure out ways to get their second-year player on the field.

"Su’a is a bright guy and I think he can handle a lot, but that’s what these practices are for to try to put him in different situations and let him be effective in his role because he’s a very effective guy out in space covering. He’s a great blitzer," Washington head coach Jay Gruden said. "He can play the box and play the run, so it’s like, what do you do with him consistently? I think the best thing about him is you can move him around and do different things with him. That’s what we’ve got to figure out."

Comment

• COMBINE RESULTS

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 226 lbs.

40 Time: 4.69s

3-Cone: 6.92s

Short Shuttle: 4.69s

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...edskins-rookie

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post
        Interestingly, Cooley doesn't think he has the range for a full time safety job.
        Cooley is a Redskins shill. He will say whatever Snyder tells him to

Comment

• Disappointing that Wade isn't the one figuring out how to use him.

I have little confidence that Woods will put Cravens in the best possible position to succeed.

Comment

• 4.66 might be a little too slow for guarding WR's downfield. That's probably why Zeirlein comped him to Levante David LB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
              Cooley is a Redskins shill. He will say whatever Snyder tells him to
              yeah, that's completely untrue.

Comment

• Missed most of this thread.

My only question is can he cover TE's? That's what this defense desperately needs in the secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                  4.66 might be a little too slow for guarding WR's downfield. That's probably why Zeirlein comped him to Levante David LB.
                  Lavonte David is much faster than Su'A'.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=9968

Comment

• Originally posted by kappys View Post
                    Missed most of this thread.

My only question is can he cover TE's? That's what this defense desperately needs in the secondary.
                    Everything I have read about him from college scouting until his time with the redskins suggests yes. That, and blitzing seem to be his best traits.

College reports also suggest he has a "nose for the ball", which is always a plus.

Sure looks to be a low risk/very high reward trade. If he just wasn't happy in Wash and has the desire to excel, he may be a fan fave in no time.

Let's hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      COMBINE RESULTS

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 226 lbs.

40 Time: 4.69s

3-Cone: 6.92s

Short Shuttle: 4.69s

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...edskins-rookie

Didn’t Su’a run a 4.61 athis pro day? I know it’s not fast but it should be enough to cover tight ends and backs out of the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
                        Didn’t Su’a run a 4.61 athis pro day? I know it’s not fast but it should be enough to cover tight ends and backs out of the backfield.
                        Game speed > 40 speed imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post
                          You're the worst poster in the history of the internet and I genuinely severely hope your home is broken into and your keyboard is stolen.
                          Only after getting long dicked though.

Comment

• i'd hate to see the broncos move on from Stewart only to watch this guy crap out after a game or two.

Comment

• Stewart isnt going anywhere in 2018. His 4.5m 2018 salary is already guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                                i'd hate to see the broncos move on from Stewart only to watch this guy crap out after a game or two.
                                He's probably not going anywhere this year.

Next offseason, he, and some other vets depending what positions they draft could be cap casualties.

Comment

Working...
                                X