Broncos Complete Trade For Su’a Cravens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
    We'll finally get to see what Harris is made of. It's one thing to play across from one of the best. It's another to be the #1.
    Dude, you still have no idea who Chris Harris is? Miller, Wolfe, and Harris ARE the core. They are the fuel that feeds the Broncos flame, and have been ever since they were drafted. Without them, there is nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
      They could have kept Talib for this year and then let him walk at the end of the year. Nothing hurt and you get to keep the No Fly Zone together for one last run.,
      No they couldn't. Roby has to play to know if they will re-sign him. Broncos needed Talib's money to sign Keenum.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
        Bucky Brooks thinks we take Denzel Ward #5
        <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nm6kCfBR4UE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        I like this scenario. A lot. Gimme St. Brown @40. Get him a year in the system, because one of DT or Sanders is gone next year. Need the $$ for Paradis and Roby.

Comment

• Ward v. Talib v. Roby
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Ward is as physical as the other 2 though. Not that he can't work with the NFZ 2.0 but... with more zone coverage it will be tough to have 3 sub 6-0 CB's.

Comment

• Cravens former Rivals 5 star Safety #12 overall national prospect. Lance Zierlein comped him to Levante David in the draft. I see a lot of T.J. Ward in him. Cravens has Mile High City written all over him. This crowd is going to love him, and he's going to love playing here.

Major get.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                  Dude, you still have no idea who Chris Harris is? Miller, Wolfe, and Harris ARE the core. They are the fuel that feeds the Broncos flame, and have been ever since they were drafted. Without them, there is nothing.
                  He once said, years ago, that Harris was overrated and has been falling on his sword ever since. Despite Harris’ all-pro play for a historically good secondary, he will eventually tail off (like all players do) and Hamrob will say “I told you!”

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    He once said, years ago, that Harris was overrated and has been falling on his sword ever since. Despite Harris’ all-pro play for a historically good secondary, he will eventually tail off (like all players do) and Hamrob will say “I told you!”
                    I know. Hamrob doesn't get it when it comes to Chris Harris Jr. The very definition of "kicking and screaming". He's got a good few years left in him as a shutdown CB. After that, he should be FS and retire as one of the greatest Broncos of all time. Possible future HOFer.

Comment

I know. Hamrob doesn't get it when it comes to Chris Harris Jr. The very definition of "kicking and screaming". He's got a good few years left in him as a shutdown CB. After that, he should be FS and retire as one of the greatest Broncos of all time. Possible future HOFer.
                      You’re giving him too much credit. Hes just a dude who hates being told he’s wrong and double downs on his dumb opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dexter View Post
                        I mean, this is ideal to a lot of people. But its based on the assumption that

1) Buffalo wants to move up
                        2) Buffalo doesnt want to move to four or some other pick
                        3) Buffalo is willing to trade both first rounders to move up

I'd certainly inquire about that if i was the Broncos FO, but you can't assume this is going to work. You have to have a number of plans for #5. Surely one of the best olineman to come out in recent memory is a candidate.
                        A haiku, for you:

He is a guard, man.
                        He is not a left tackle.
                        He is just a guard.

And I said "if buffalo comes calling." Key word "if."

I think we have a great shot at that

#1 is going to cost far, far too much.
                        #2, I'm not convinced that the Giants trade down considering how old Eli is and that they just got rid of JPP. They are in the perfect spot to pick either the best QB on their board or the best pass rusher. But even if they did, that pick would cost the Bills #12, #22, and probably next year's 1st at the very least.
                        #3The Jets aren't trading back.
                        #4 makes sense, but here's where it gets interesting. Let's assume the Browns do want to trade back with 4 and that they also are not passing on a top end QB this time. That means they have to draft one at #1. #4 would seem a hot commodity for Buffalo now because you have Denver waiting in the wings and Keenum is only on a 2 year contract. However, let's say John calls up Buffalo and says, "trade with us instead of Buffalo and we will give you a better deal." Everyone knows that Cleveland isn't going QB at 4 because they already picked one.. so 5 is now just as good in terms of snagging their QB and it will cost them less. (But if you're Cleveland, do you take your top non-QB at #1 and then just take the best QB that drops?)

However, if the Giants go QB, that most likely makes it 3 QBs off the board to start the draft and Buffalo may not see a guy they want to spend big to move up for depending on who they like.

I think our best case scenario is this:

1. CLE: QB
                        2. NYG: Nelson
                        3. NYJ: QB
                        4. CLE: Barkley

This leaves us with a ton of options. We can take a QB, we can take Chubb, or we can trade down with a team who is desperate to get their QB.

Comment

I love Chris Harris, but he's not going to be a HOFer. ROF for sure. He's also not playing safety. How may times do people say that about top end CBs? It very rarely seems to actually happen. Plus, Chris's strength is man coverage, not zone.

Perhaps he can just cover tight ends after he loses a step, that would be sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
                            We'll finally get to see what Harris is made of. It's one thing to play across from one of the best. It's another to be the #1.
                            Almost 10 thousand posts on this board. Why you so dumb?

Comment

• This signing may also help the Broncos dump Stewart and his $6.4mil cap hit next year, although they'll have $2.8mil in dead money.

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.20611b85ecfd

Was this posted? I have so many people blocked I can't always tell.

Didn't know Cravens wanted to quit in college too. Dude should probably just walk away.

Comment

Working...
                                X