Rosens former coach says he would take Darnold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosens former coach says he would take Darnold

Jim Mora would rather take Darnold with the #1 instead of his own from last year, Rosen....

/discuss

pretty obvious Rosen wants no part of Sadsville.

few thoughts off the top of my head...

more potential cash in NY, bigger stage.

lots of pressure taking over after Eli.

Mora knows Gmen aren't taking a Qb, I'm convinced myself, and he doesn't want his guy to look like a fool when Gmen pass on him.

could be the savior in Sadtown.

could be just another guy to.

guaranteed, Bernie will sweat this one out.

too bad they are looking to be stacked soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneFalco View Post
      Jim Mora would rather take Darnold with the #1 instead of his own from last year, Rosen....

/discuss
      he was on a show the other day 100 percent singing Rosen's praises too... so who knows. He might be doing his boy a solid since he clearly doesn't wanna play in Cleveland.

Comment

Or maybe Mora just thinks Darnold is better.

Comment

He did say it’s all about fit and Darnold was the best fit for them.

Comment

Theres no way a NY team passes on the great Jewish hope.

Comment

Whatever his intentions were....it should have been clear to him that his comments and how he phrased them would be fuel for the internet.

Unless.. ya know...Mora's intent was to make this about him as much as possible.

If I was a college AD or NFL GM, I would hire Mora right after I hired Kiffin. So shortly after completion of Armageddon.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crusher View Post
                He did say it’s all about fit and Darnold was the best fit for them.
                So basically this is a non-story. I guarantee there's multiple All-Pro to HoF players out there who never made it there because of where they were drafted and how they were used.

Also, gross avatar Shane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsJ2CLxX8o

The draft analysis says it all too.

Comment

Rosen will fall out of the top ten.

Comment

He basically said he thinks Darnold is a better fit for Cleveland specifically than Rosen. That's not exactly highly controversial stuff, there.

He also said that Darnold-Rosen could someday be like Peyton Manning-Tom Brady.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3898578

So basically, nothing to see here.

While he thinks highly of Darnold, it does not mean he thinks any less of Rosen. Mora said that the Giants and Jets, who hold the second and third picks of the draft and are both in the market for quarterbacks, should jump at the chance to select his former quarterback.

"If I was one of the New York teams, I'd take Josh like that," he added. "I think they're both going to be great pros."

Comment

Originally posted by RonMexico View Post
                      Theres no way a NY team passes on the great Jewish hope.
                      Yay, bigotry and religion introduced to a football thread, yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojef View Post
                        Rosen will fall out of the top ten.
                        Lolololol

Trolling ya? He doesn’t get past 5

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                          Yay, bigotry and religion introduced to a football thread, yay!
                          Quick!! Retreat to your safe space!

Comment

That is cold blooded by Mora but if that's how he feels then that's how he feels.

Comment

Well, Shane didn't provide the full context in which Mora said it. Mora actually made a valid point that doesn't mean that he thinks that Darnold is better. But even with the disclaimer that Mora gave before he made his statement, he shouldn't have made the comment or he should have phrased it properly because it is easy to conclude that he thinks Darnold is better based on what he said. It also makes Mora look like he's bitter for being fired, which he deserved. I was ready for Mora to be fired a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X