X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MplsBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Black96WS6 View Post
    He is wearing those shorts and backward hat awesomely...

Also good to know the the coach is pointing out his legs are spread too far apart.

They need to be right next to each other, per his personal coach\trainer.

He just looks like a putz! Get rid of this loser.

Leave a comment:

• MplsBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by v2micca View Post
    I remember hearing 2-3 year projects bandied around a bunch. The fact is, no one except the marketing machine of the front office and some Broncos homers expected him to be ready to play day one.

Now, that doesn't mean we are happy with his apparent lack of progress and in some cases regression as a player. But, the fact that he wasn't ready to play at the NFL level his first two seasons wasn't really a surprise.

It may have been bandied about but there is no way this guy was a 3-4 year project in the eyes of the Broncos. As stated, you don't draft the guy in the first round and have him sit his entire rookie contract, especially when you have no established franchise guy in front of him. You can bet the Broncos expected him to show more by now and have contributed and won the job.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    In a billion $$$ business, Cant believe 3 years in, this clown is down at a high school field by himself.

If Denver fails again this year, Elway along with his clown scouts and VJ need to go.
    In a billion $$$ business J.J. Watt still trains by flipping a tractor tire. What's your point?

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    NFL scouts are worried about a top quarterback prospect because he is 'spacey' and did poorly on a pre-draft test

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-s...nderlic-2016-4

Apr. 28, 2016, 2:39 PM

Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch is expected to be the third quarterback selected in the NFL Draft on Thursday night, but some NFL scouts are puzzling over him for being too spacey.

Lynch — who is 6-foot-6, mobile, with good vision and an even better arm — is projected to go anywhere from the top 10 to the middle of the second round.

But his score of 18 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic Test isn't doing him any favors. It has some scouts worried about his future in the league.

As one anonymous scout told the Journal-Sentinel:

You might hit the home run with Lynch but because of the mental you might strike out. He has the best arm. It ain't even close. That big, tall son of a gun can run, too. He's a little spacey, a little different.

Another scout echoed this:

The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned. Big kid, strong arm. But he's a ways away mentally.
    Damn were they right...

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied

Also good to know the the coach is pointing out his legs are spread too far apart.

In a billion $$$ business, Cant believe 3 years in, this clown is down at a high school field by himself.

If Denver fails again this year, Elway along with his clown scouts and VJ need to go.

Leave a comment:

• Black96WS6
    replied
    NFL scouts are worried about a top quarterback prospect because he is 'spacey' and did poorly on a pre-draft test

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-s...nderlic-2016-4

Apr. 28, 2016, 2:39 PM

Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch is expected to be the third quarterback selected in the NFL Draft on Thursday night, but some NFL scouts are puzzling over him for being too spacey.

Lynch — who is 6-foot-6, mobile, with good vision and an even better arm — is projected to go anywhere from the top 10 to the middle of the second round.

But his score of 18 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic Test isn't doing him any favors. It has some scouts worried about his future in the league.

As one anonymous scout told the Journal-Sentinel:

You might hit the home run with Lynch but because of the mental you might strike out. He has the best arm. It ain't even close. That big, tall son of a gun can run, too. He's a little spacey, a little different.

Another scout echoed this:

The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned. Big kid, strong arm. But he's a ways away mentally.

Leave a comment:

• Black96WS6
    replied

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    It's arrogance too. They think they can mold anyone with "good coaching."
    Right. However, to be fair, every team in the league does this at some point, it’s just the good teams that learn from it. And the more success a FO has, the bigger thier ego gets. But the good one’s learn and move on. The bad ones eventually get fired and start the cycle all over again.

I think the belly flop the Broncos did last season was a humbling situation for everyone in the organization, especially Elway, because the buck stops with him.
    Time will tell, but I would be surprised if they make that same mistake this year.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    I don't understand how a scouting dept and Front Office who have been doing this for 30 years can miss so badly .

It's their damn job. That's all they do. There has to be characteristics you look for in NFL players.

Just proves to me that the NFL has a majority of ppl working that are not smart. Some are like BB but most are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
    Its easy to look at the number of failed picks in the first three rounds of the draft and assume that the majority of front offices and talent evaluators are useless under-qualified hacks. I tend to take the opposite approach and just assume it is that hard to accurately project these guys. Highly regarded players fail at the NFL all the time, while unheralded late round picks and undrafted free agents put together hall of fame careers. There are simply too many factors that are unknown to anyone to be any more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
    A 3-4 year project?? There is no such thing and to claim otherwise is ludicrous.
    I remember hearing 2-3 year projects bandied around a bunch. The fact is, no one except the marketing machine of the front office and some Broncos homers expected him to be ready to play day one.

Now, that doesn't mean we are happy with his apparent lack of progress and in some cases regression as a player. But, the fact that he wasn't ready to play at the NFL level his first two seasons wasn't really a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    I don't understand how a scouting dept and Front Office who have been doing this for 30 years can miss so badly .

It's their damn job. That's all they do. There has to be characteristics you look for in NFL players.

Just proves to me that the NFL has a majority of ppl working that are not smart. Some are like BB but most are not the sharpest tools in the shed.
    It's arrogance too. They think they can mold anyone with "good coaching."

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• R-Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by jutang View Post
    The fact he showed no progress from year 1 to 2 is what turned most people off. Only argument that can be made on his behalf was he got injured for half the season.
    But he only got injured in the 3rd preseason game. The jump that a QB makes from year 1 to year 2 is noticeable during the offseason in OTAs, camp and preseason.

Leave a comment:

• jutang
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
    We'll see what happens. I do find it funny that when he was drafted almost everyone here said he was a 3-4 year project, and those same people have already written him off completely after two.

It would be great for the Broncos if he pulled his head out and played to his physical potential, but who knows. If we take a QB top 5, he's gone, but if not there is still a chance he's Denver's guy.

The fact he showed no progress from year 1 to 2 is what turned most people off. Only argument that can be made on his behalf was he got injured for half the season.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
    Ok. There is plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise, but you’re clearly not interested.
    3-4 year projects should never be drafted in the 1st round let alone traded up for. Or with a team who was desperate for a QB. You don’t pay a 1st rounder to sit throughout his entire rookie contract.

I’ve see UDFAs last rounders etc who are legit longterm projects show more instantly than Lynch ever did.

Sometimes the QB just sucks. Using the project excuse only delays the correct evaluation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X