Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
    Just to play the devil's advocate...

Since he was originally projected as a project who would require 2-3 years to develop, and he's heading into his third year only now, do you really think if he suddenly started making a dramatic improvement he'd be eliminated merely because he didn't beat that timetable?

If so, I'd like to hear the reasons, especially given the following:

1) He switched systems and coaches halfway through his career here.
    2) He got hurt
    3) He played in an offense with poor pass protection.

If Lynch did go elsewhere and succeed, he would not be the first guy to do that...right?

For the record, I was one of the people who were not crazy about picking him to begin with, but it perplexes me that so many fans chose to ignore all the scout's warnings about thinking he would be ready anytime soon. Once those proved correct, the player took the blame, not the fan's expectations of him.
    allow me to respond.
    He did not show the grit, heart, leadership and defiance, necessary for the position

Comment

Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post
      I did not mean we develop Cousins. I think if we get Cousins, we will hold onto Pax a little longer. Either way, you are probably right, Pax is what he is. I don't personally think we should hold onto him, unless we have a solid veteran, but even then I'd rather roll with Kelly.
      the only QB from the 2017 roster worth keeping is TS.
      Spare me the cap considerations, only Trevor is worth the roster spot.
      (I admit I dont know squat about Kelly's aptitude. )

Comment

Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
        Lynch is so damn annoying, if nothing else. Guy is a total loser. And let's not forget that every single chance he's had to play hes gotten hurt. Hurt just rolling out to his right. How anyone, including the Broncos, can still be holding out any hope that the guy will ever be able to contribute is asinine. And he's apparently total clueless and oblivious to all of this. Mind boggling how bad of a pick this was.
        ... not a fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
          That's the photo he uses to try to convince people that he's working hard? lol
          exactly what i thought! guy is tone deaf.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
            the only QB from the 2017 roster worth keeping is TS.
            Spare me the cap considerations, only Trevor is worth the roster spot.
            (I admit I dont know squat about Kelly's aptitude. )
            TS is good for someone's roster. The only way we keep him here is if we land Cousins, but I think we prefer to get a draft pick so we can add more assets to move around in the draft.

If we draft a rookie, there is no way we have TS on the roster to have a repeat of what happened - that's also why I think Paxton would be gone too. The rookie will need to start and have no one (TS) looking over his shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post
              I did not mean we develop Cousins. I think if we get Cousins, we will hold onto Pax a little longer. Either way, you are probably right, Pax is what he is. I don't personally think we should hold onto him, unless we have a solid veteran, but even then I'd rather roll with Kelly.
              I was referencing Cousins, not Lynch. Lynch was repeatedly analyzed by most of the NFL scouts as a guy who would require 2-3 years of development before he would be NFL ready. This means 2-3 years in one system, with one coach, learning how to read defenses, etc...obviously he didn't get either that amount of time, nor that level of consistency in the approach here in Denver.

With this in mind, and especially considering the sorry state of this offensive line, it's fairly obvious that while Lynch has not proven he can play in the NFL, the people who watched him and understand more than we do, didn't think he would be by this point.

I didn't like the pick to begin with, but once you make it, you should be willing to stick with a plan that gives the player the best chance at success, and that has not been done here. We could pick another QB with the #5 pick and get the same results, because none of these guys are ready either, and Mayfield in particular, has a similar problem in that he played in a system much like the one Lynch came from...and he has some physical limitations Lynch doesn't.

I think this is another rebuilding year anyway, so I'd take Nelson at #5 based on the idea that an almost can't miss All-Pro lineman is a better value than a guy who might turn out to be JAG at the QB spot in which case you've set yourself back even further by introducing another QB controversy.

Who should start? I'd actually give Chad Kelly a shot at it. Why not if you're going to be rebuilding anyway? He's had a year to sit and watch, get healthy, study the playbook and hopefully grow up a bit. Keep TS on the roster and if he falls flat, bench him and go with Trevor again, then if this doesn't show promise, look at the 2019 FA market and the draft again next year. Just drafting a QB high doesn't mean he's going to be worth starting, as the Lynch debacle should conclusively prove.

Sometimes the best moves...are the ones you don't make.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                allow me to respond.
                He did not show the grit, heart, leadership and defiance, necessary for the position
                Agreed...nor was he expected to for 2-3 years by those who knew something most fans in here did not.

Comment

Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
                  Agreed...nor was he expected to for 2-3 years by those who knew something most fans in here did not.
                  While I definitely understand Fans being unhappy that Lynch has yet to develop into anything resembling an NFL starting QB, I am equally mystified by the vitriol that he has managed to accumulate among the Broncos Fanbase.

As you mentioned, he was expected to be a 2 to 3 year project before being NFL ready and has largely fulfilled that expectation. I understand being unhappy that he appears to still be unable to handle an NFL offense and some have questioned his work ethic. But the hatred he receives on this and other Broncos fan sites strikes me as disproportionate. Maybe he doesn't work as hard a we would like. But he does work at his craft and he hasn't intentionally busted just to spite us.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                    It doesn't give him a hall pass, but inheriting a team that was a mess, and going on to win the division 5 years in a row, 2 Superbowl appearances and a win should give him a bit of the benefit of the doubt.
                    It's not easy being a franchise savior,

first as a player and then later as a member of the front office.

Did Stradivarius excel at Playing the violin ?
                    was Henry Ford an excellent driver ?

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                      While I definitely understand Fans being unhappy that Lynch has yet to develop into anything resembling an NFL starting QB, I am equally mystified by the vitriol that he has managed to accumulate among the Broncos Fanbase.

As you mentioned, he was expected to be a 2 to 3 year project before being NFL ready and has largely fulfilled that expectation. I understand being unhappy that he appears to still be unable to handle an NFL offense and some have questioned his work ethic. But the hatred he receives on this and other Broncos fan sites strikes me as disproportionate. Maybe he doesn't work as hard a we would like. But he does work at his craft and he hasn't intentionally busted just to spite us.

Teams that are desperate for A starting QB don’t trade up in the 1st round for 3 year project QBs. Thats incredibly stupid. Lynch takes the heat cause anytime Elway is criticized butt hurt fanboys can’t handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

B. O. showed us his maternal instincts when he defended his pizza from a drunk, angry woman , half his size and weight.

.. and paxton kept it real...
                        crying on a gameday sideline when he comes to the realization that he does not have the heart to play football with the big boys.

These moments make it clear that neither is worthy to lead, let alone occupy a place on the roster.

Comment

Sorry but first round QB picks don't get 2-3 years to become just competent. If that really was the expectation then what a messed up mindset on the part of Elway. And then to watch Dak be more than competent immediately just really adds salt to the wound. Yeah, I know Dak needs Zeke, but he's still miles beyond Lynch.

There simply is no way to polish this turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            Teams that are desperate for A starting QB don’t trade up in the 1st round for 3 year project QBs. Thats incredibly stupid. Lynch takes the heat cause anytime Elway is criticized butt hurt fanboys can’t handle it.
                            Exactly.

Comment

the problem with PL is he was drafted as the savior to a HoF Qb and a team coming off a SB win. there was change in Dove Valley and we needed a Qb to come in and play solid right away, be the glue and a leader, not a project that hopefully works out in 2-3 years. we needed a continuation of sorts, not pause, and in turn this has wasted and dismantled a pretty good D, a playoff winning D, for the last couple of years.

now we find our quality core players getting to old and value declining all while have zero identity at Qb therefore O.

it is time to press the reset button. this year will bring an overhaul of changes including a new coaching staff. our OC is here for one reason only and that is to see what temperature PL is at and evaluate for 2019. pass on Cousins, see what we have in PL and Kelly + Vet and draft that monster at guard who is a lock and will solve a ton of problems, elevate Bolles, and our line becomes very attractive to the QBoftf and RBs in 19 after this PL thing is put to bed.

But all before that, throw a sick offer to Brees. i don't care how far fetched it might be. if you want to win a SB/playoffs and get clutch play, this is your guy for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                                really?? they moved up 5 spots to 26. its not like they moved from 31 to 1. they gave up a 3rd rd pick.

Damn you act like they gave up 5 1st round picks

Comment

Working...
                                X