X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    It wasn't stacked against him to SHOW something. He was absolutely terrible.

Exactly. He hasn’t shown ANYTHING. If he had done even what Sloter did against the same players that is at least some kind of pulse. But he didn’t. He looked like a complete baffoon in that 3rd preseason game with zero pocket presence that resulted in his injury.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
    It was stacked for him to be the starter and hopefully become the franchise guy, but it was stacked against him to fulfill that prophecy.
    It wasn't stacked against him to SHOW something. He was absolutely terrible.

If Lynch never turns out to be anything, will his fans say "but its only been 6 years!"

WTF is everyone even talking about? There's no proof that sitting a QB even works period.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
    You are mad that the coach we all hate is not getting even more **** for not coaching up Lynch. Correct me if I am wrong but Vance is a D coach. Do you really want him "working with" our QB? Maybe improve his release and fix his footwork?
    Vance was a QB from HS until the NFL where he moved to DB.
    He knows the QB position from having played it.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
    The deck was definitely stacked against him. He wasn't supposed to be anywhere near ready, and sure enough, he wasn't.

But here's another issue:

With all the venom spewed for Vance Joseph on this board, I find it odd that the one major cluster**** this guy seems to continuously get a pass for is the development of Paxton Lynch.

Think about this for a minute. Literally, every move this guy makes has either failed, or it appears to be foolish enough that the results...even while yet future in some cases...are singularly disrespected and mocked. Almost nobody in here thinks this guy can coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Yet in spite of all that, how often does anyone in here question whether the reason Lynch has struggled has something to do with this coach or his staff?

Maybe I've missed this, and if so, perhaps someone can point it out to me. From where I sit, this guy was grossly mishandled from the very first week he was drafted. Scouts warned almost unanimously that this QB would require time and patience before he would deliver results. This FO and coaching staff discarded all that almost within hours. It was literally...I think...a couple of days before we began to hear that "maybe he won't take as long as people think".

I knew before he was even drafted this could happen with him and warned against this from the start. Nobody cared to listen to the scouts. We had the HOF QB/GM running the show and he obviously knew what he was doing right?

So why DOES Joseph get **** for every other decision he makes....but none for his work with Lynch? You'd think an ex-QB would know what he was doing with a guy like Lynch. You'd think a HOF GM/QB would also. This FO has not been held accountable in the minds of fans for the QB mistakes they've made...and they've been big ones.

Now we want them to roll the dice again...at the top of the draft...with a new coach possibly only a year away, one who may not care for the guy he did not draft.

Does this seem wise?
    You are mad that the coach we all hate is not getting even more **** for not coaching up Lynch. Correct me if I am wrong but Vance is a D coach. Do you really want him "working with" our QB? Maybe improve his release and fix his footwork?

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
    Look...Yes, he was given an opportunity....and yes, Elway wanted him to succeed. But, the deck was stacked against him. New Rookie HC, and a team that was behind Siemian. You don't think Lynch could feel that the deck was stacked against him. And, he missed the layup. That's Pressure.

Not unlike Cravens is talking....playing for a team that wants you makes all the difference.

Cry me a river Hamrob, dude sucks, it is known. In retrospect it was a crappy draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• dsmoot
    replied
    The deck was definitely stacked against him. He wasn't supposed to be anywhere near ready, and sure enough, he wasn't.

With all the venom spewed for Vance Joseph on this board, I find it odd that the one major cluster**** this guy seems to continuously get a pass for is the development of Paxton Lynch.

So why DOES Joseph get **** for every other decision he makes....but none for his work with Lynch? You'd think an ex-QB would know what he was doing with a guy like Lynch. You'd think a HOF GM/QB would also. This FO has not been held accountable in the minds of fans for the QB mistakes they've made...and they've been big ones.

Now we want them to roll the dice again...at the top of the draft...with a new coach possibly only a year away, one who may not care for the guy he did not draft.

Does this seem wise?
    This is a bunch of drivel. Vance Joseph never had the talent to play at the NFL level much less D1. As for JE, he was a HOF QB and had the mental toughness to fight through the tough times his first year in the league. He played for a tough taskmaster of a head coach those first couple of years which put a lot of pressure on him. No coddling. Elway has said that sitting on the bench does very little for a QB development and it did little for him. The difference between JE and Lynch is that in short order you could see the potential with JE. I just see a repeat of Brock and I don't see much hope with Lynch beyond what we had in Brock. Sure great physicals but playing QB is so much more than that. Quit crying Paxton.

Leave a comment:

• dsmoot
    replied
    Look...Yes, he was given an opportunity....and yes, Elway wanted him to succeed. But, the deck was stacked against him. New Rookie HC, and a team that was behind Siemian. You don't think Lynch could feel that the deck was stacked against him. And, he missed the layup. That's Pressure.

Not unlike Cravens is talking....playing for a team that wants you makes all the difference.
    Quit making excuses for him. Don't talk about the deck being stacked against him. Quality, both mentally and physically, will rise to the top. The potential will be seen even if it is not perfect. We saw it in Patrick Mahomes in his first start near the end of his first season. This is a competition not a participation event. After two years, he has not shown the growth he should be exhibiting by this time.

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied

Think about this for a minute. Literally, every move this guy makes has either failed, or it appears to be foolish enough that the results...even while yet future in some cases...are singularly disrespected and mocked. Almost nobody in here thinks this guy can coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Yet in spite of all that, how often does anyone in here question whether the reason Lynch has struggled has something to do with this coach or his staff?

Maybe I've missed this, and if so, perhaps someone can point it out to me. From where I sit, this guy was grossly mishandled from the very first week he was drafted. Scouts warned almost unanimously that this QB would require time and patience before he would deliver results. This FO and coaching staff discarded all that almost within hours. It was literally...I think...a couple of days before we began to hear that "maybe he won't take as long as people think".

I knew before he was even drafted this could happen with him and warned against this from the start. Nobody cared to listen to the scouts. We had the HOF QB/GM running the show and he obviously knew what he was doing right?

Does this seem wise?
    The QB whisperer Kubiak (who made Matt Schaub a legit pro bowl qb) couldn't get anything out of him. His QB coach Musgrave, who effectively developed Carr couldn't get anything out of him, but we're supposed to think that Lynch isn't the problem?

Even projects usually show something. Lynch hasn't done that yet. I hope he does. I'm not holding my breath. But this narrative that the team failed him, not the other way around, is just false imo.

Leave a comment:

• TheCoachBear
    replied
    I think it says a lot about our plans if we don’t trade Lynch during the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Dedhed
    replied
    Seriously. What is this stacked against him narrative? They were stacked for him
    It was stacked for him to be the starter and hopefully become the franchise guy, but it was stacked against him to fulfill that prophecy.

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    Seriously. What is this stacked against him narrative? They were stacked for him
    Yep

Every tom, dick, and harry was for this guy. He didn't show it. People are pissed and are pissed off at him.

I'd like to see this kid succeed and get his **** together. He is a Denver Bronco currently and he's relatively young. Hopefully Lynch shows something this year, avocado toast and magic TB12 water, and all

It's why I created this thread to bring updates on him

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied

Does this seem wise?

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    Dude, just about everyone, team included, dreamed of Lynch stepping up to take the reins.

He just didn't have it.
    This post sums up the Paxton Lynch story excellently.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    You people are so fickle. We took a kid that required a minimum of 3yrs to develop. We changed Coaches twice and offenses twice....and he came from the spread.

We have Keenum for 2yrs...I'd keep Lynch and let him truly develop. I like Kelly too. I wouldn't draft another QB. Ouch!
    You keep talking about him like he’s a ****ing pinot noir. He should have shown improvement. Quarterbacks don’t naturally get good suddenly after three years. He somehow regressed to the point of barely being functional. Could he improve? Sure! But this “3 year project” stuff is bs. He’s not becoming a doctor. At some point you either have it or you don’t

Leave a comment:

• SonOfLe-loLang
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    Dude, just about everyone, team included, dreamed of Lynch stepping up to take the reins.

He just didn't have it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X