X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisp
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
    The Broncos are pretty much committed to not formulating any sort of RO offense in order to take advantage of what many of these QBs did well in college. Who knows why. Many teams are doing that, but that paradigm shift has not come here yet. They are a little more committed the Nokia flip phone offense, and Lynch does not fit in it.

He is done, and that is one of a few reasons why I would not want Mayfield here. If they showed that they are willing to move with the times like what the Titans are going to be doing with Mariota this season, then maybe. Then again, if they were willing to do that, I would have liked to have seen what Lynch would have done in that.

For me, that is one of the main issues in regards to what Elway is looking for and what he or the staff is NOT willing to do.
    Not sure where you're getting that from, i know talk is cheap but the most recent noises from VJ directly contradict what you're saying:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...yfield-broncos

Additionally, Jeffrey Essary had a chance to ask Joseph at the Senior Bowl his thoughts on Mayfield specifically coming out of a spread system and if they wanted to see him work under center during this week:

“That is always a concern with college guys that have been in the spread. Obviously we’ll have some under center things for those guys. In my opinion, we have to take what those guys do best and kind of put it in our plan. We can’t watch those guys on tape for four or five months and then draft those guys and ask them to do different things. What they do best, we have to do with those guys. Obviously you want to be under center some, but if they are a spread guy, we have to implement spread concepts for those guys to be successful on our level.”
    Of course it remains to be seen what Joseph actually produces next year, but you are questioning his intent. From the above it seems the intent to be flexible is there, its obviously still a question surrounding what the execution will look like however.....

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco_diesel View Post
    If we do not land Cousins and draft a QB, I think Paxton is traded during the draft.

If we do get Cousins, I can see holding onto him and try to develop him.
    You don’t “develop” a 30 y/o QB. Whatever he is is what you get.

Leave a comment:

• bronco_diesel
    replied
    If we do not land Cousins and draft a QB, I think Paxton is traded during the draft.

If we do get Cousins, I can see holding onto him and try to develop him.

Leave a comment:

• bronco militia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
    Lynch is getting traded. Some coach/GM who liked him in 2016 is going to have him for a ham sandwich and a conditional pick.
    I'm half expecting him to be traded during the draft.

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
    Lynch is so damn annoying, if nothing else. Guy is a total loser. And let's not forget that every single chance he's had to play hes gotten hurt. Hurt just rolling out to his right. How anyone, including the Broncos, can still be holding out any hope that the guy will ever be able to contribute is asinine. And he's apparently total clueless and oblivious to all of this. Mind boggling how bad of a pick this was.
    Gosh Darn Millennials!

Leave a comment:

• MplsBronco
    replied
    Lynch is so damn annoying, if nothing else. Guy is a total loser. And let's not forget that every single chance he's had to play hes gotten hurt. Hurt just rolling out to his right. How anyone, including the Broncos, can still be holding out any hope that the guy will ever be able to contribute is asinine. And he's apparently total clueless and oblivious to all of this. Mind boggling how bad of a pick this was.

Leave a comment:

• Shananahan
    replied
    Originally posted by barryr View Post
    So those bashing Elway for drafting a QB with question marks now want him to do it again with the 5th pick of the draft no less, a draft with QB's loaded with question marks? OK.
    No, I want them to draft Baker Mayfield.

Leave a comment:

• SleepingTiger
    replied
    Originally posted by FireFly View Post
    Lol. Orange cool-aid. As GM, Elway is lucky that his car salesman skill brought in Manning who's gravitas brought in Ware et. al.

His drafting has been constantly terrible. He's tied up waaaaaaay more money in players like CJ Anderson than he ever should have and only ever hired yes men as coaches.

He is not accountable to anyone. He was a very good QB. That doesn't/shouldn't give him a hall pass as GM.
    ... like CJ? care to give me more than one name?

terrible drafting?
    for every bad pick, I can name you 1 very good pick.

are you a broncos fan? because your hate for Elway is beyond stupid

Leave a comment:

• jmz313
    replied
    Lynch is getting traded. Some coach/GM who liked him in 2016 is going to have him for a ham sandwich and a conditional pick.

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post
    Honestly, I think if the Broncos and Elway went into next season TC with Lynch as the starter, and they don't sign a FA and or a rookie, there may be a complete break down among Broncos fans.

I complete break down.
    I think If Elway sold his plan to the fans they would get behind it. Not sure Elway is much of a leader despite his great comeback play as a QB.

But you are right and the fans would love starting over with another project QB in Mayfield.

And yet Lynch has a 66% completion percentage last year and 61% in his short 4 game career.

I have no doubt Gary Kubiak has sabotaged Lynch's career and convinced Elway he made a bad pick on Lynch. But it was Gary who made the bad pick and played Semian.

But yeah lets start over because Gary Kubiak says so...

Leave a comment:

• Broncoblood32
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
    If the broncos draft a project QB like Mayfield or Josh Allen while they have that same type of QB who is ready to start now then it will be total and utter failure.

Not sure why the broncos do not consider going with Lynch this year and finally give the kid a chance which all first round QBs should get (even Tebow got a chance). This would free up to pick to get a star player.

The while reason the broncos are in the position they are in is they gave a 7th round QB a shot that they should have given their first round QB. And then they gave that same 7th round QB a second year despite obvious signs of a subpar QB...
    Honestly, I think if the Broncos and Elway went into next season TC with Lynch as the starter, and they don't sign a FA and or a rookie, there may be a complete break down among Broncos fans.

I complete break down.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoblood32
    replied
    Originally posted by barryr View Post
    So those bashing Elway for drafting a QB with question marks now want him to do it again with the 5th pick of the draft no less, a draft with QB's loaded with question marks? OK.
    The main issue I have with Elway as a GM is him not paying Wade Philips what he earned and should have been paid. I don't care what anyone says, Philips would have stayed if he got paid, and any new coach hired would have been happy to come in with the defense pretty much set.

Ala Mike Tomlin and Lebeau in Pittsburgh when he was hired in 2007.

Many things don't sit well with me, and it is hard for me to think that Elway was somehow offended by the credit that Philips got for 50. There is really no excuse for letting him walk and now making a real difference in LA.

I hate to think that about Elway, but that is what it seems to me. Also, when he signed Osweiler and letting Sloter leave. Old subject, and I not saying Sloter would have been anything. However, to allow an unknown quantity leave for a QB that EVERYONE knows about in order to attempt to save face from the failed pick in 2012 is a bit concerning to me.

I would have loved to see what Sloter could do in that abortion of a season last year. Just a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    If the broncos draft a project QB like Mayfield or Josh Allen while they have that same type of QB who is ready to start now then it will be a total and utter failure.

Not sure why the broncos do not consider going with Lynch this year and finally give the kid a chance which all first round QBs should get (even Tebow got a chance). This would free up to pick a star player at 5.

The whole reason the broncos are in the position they are in, is they gave a 7th round QB a shot that they should have given their first round QB. And then they gave that same 7th round QB a second year despite obvious signs of a subpar QB...

It is this type of poor decision making that needs to change and not the fact that the broncos do not have super star players on their roster. Even bad decision making can ruin star players or good players with the wrong scheme or having no plan to develop players. These types of failures are rewarded with paying an average QB like Kirk Cousins to be the highest paid player on the team and likely in the league. Desperation and defeat.

Thanks Gary for your wonderful guidance. And Elway for his inability to hire smart football folks.
    Last edited by Coldcity76; 03-08-2018, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoblood32
    replied
    The Broncos are pretty much committed to not formulating any sort of RO offense in order to take advantage of what many of these QBs did well in college. Who knows why. Many teams are doing that, but that paradigm shift has not come here yet. They are a little more committed the Nokia flip phone offense, and Lynch does not fit in it.

He is done, and that is one of a few reasons why I would not want Mayfield here. If they showed that they are willing to move with the times like what the Titans are going to be doing with Mariota this season, then maybe. Then again, if they were willing to do that, I would have liked to have seen what Lynch would have done in that.

For me, that is one of the main issues in regards to what Elway is looking for and what he or the staff is NOT willing to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X