X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    Teams that are desperate for A starting QB don’t trade up in the 1st round for 3 year project QBs. Thats incredibly stupid. Lynch takes the heat cause anytime Elway is criticized butt hurt fanboys can’t handle it.
    BINGO.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFox
    replied
    I'd say he was a 2 to 3 year project.. if he had devoted all his efforts towards working hard in the last 2 years. But from the sounds of it, he worked harder at Madden football than actual football. He didn't come into the NFL with the right mentality.

I think if he DID get "serious" about it now, he might still be a couple years off, and then we still don't know if he can do it. So in 3 more years, we may still have a bust. He might pan out.. there are plenty of players that screw up out of the gate and then get it together (Von for example), but I doubt the team will have that much patience.

No thank you. =)

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied
    I wouldn't have a problem seeing what Lynch/Kelly/draft pick can do this upcoming season along with cutting/trading dead weight cap players.

Broncos aren't going anywhere this year

Leave a comment:

• broncosteven
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Everyday you either get better or worse you NEVER stay the same!! <a href="https://t.co/xndSRVbTtk">pic.twitter.com/xndSRVbTtk</a></p>&mdash; Paxton Lynch (@PaxtonLynch) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaxtonLynch/status/966756567281520640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.instagram.com/paxtonlynch/?hl=en

Click on his story ^

Broncos starting QB in 2017?
    Maybe he realized he hit bottom and can't get worse after getting an ouchie throwing a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 2.

Too bad he didn't do this in year one.

I bet his Madden franchise is going to suffer without him playing every day.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    Cardinals may have interest in Paxton lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> Have competition for Josh McCown’s services in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardi nals</a>. ARIZ also looking at Brock Osweiler and wouldn’t rule out trade for Payton Lynch or Nick Foles. Cardinals must add 2-3 QBs prior to draft. McCown would be ideal ‘Bridge’ QB.</p>&mdash; Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/972115657784463360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 9, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    Lynch has only played 4 games of which half were in one offensive system and the other another (McCoy). The expectation Lynch was supposed to come out and light it up despite being in a non pro offense in college is really stupid.

A 76 QB rating and over 60% completion says Lynch can play QB. He showed us in the last game he can hit that short slant which is progress as he needed to do better with the short passing game to get 1st downs.

Lynch needs to be given 6-8 games for a look. Folks here think it is ok to give Semian 24 games but give Lynch only 4 games or he is a bust?

This is so insane

The broncos have done nothing to develop Lynch at all and Kubiak sabotaged his career as much as he could.

If Elway had any balls or brains he would give his first round QB a shot and tell Gary scumbag Kubiak to STFO

Leave a comment:

• Requiem
    replied
    Sorry folks, if you are going to draft someone in the first round they need to play (and be ready to play) right away.

Leave a comment:

• chrisp
    replied
    Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
    I find it highly unlikely that fans have an idea how hard a player is working in most cases.

This team's fan base has a history of hatred toward almost all the QB's who have played here, save two...so it's not surprising this one gets the same treatment. If we draft one at #5 or higher this time, he will likely suffer the same fate unless he's instantly successful.

I consider this salient fact the #1 reason it's smarter to build the team before you go get your QB.
    You're forgetting a lot of fans even hated Manning untill he won a Superbowl in his last game for us. The old "can;t win the big one" or "can't win in the playoffs" or "can;t play in the cold" stuff that used to keep coming up...

So its probably just the one QB the fan's didn't hate...and he's now picking the players...the irony...

The rational side of me thinks that possibly upgrading the o-line and improving the offensive coaching will make the biggest overall difference, but if OZ, Siemien or Lynch are starting for us next season the fans will riot so we gotta do something...Lynch is in the mix but realistically he's battling with Kelly and a draftee for the #2 or #3 spot.....one way or another our next year's starting QB played for another team last year I feel...

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    wow... tough crowd

Leave a comment:

• Strip Sacked
    replied
    I find it highly unlikely that fans have an idea how hard a player is working in most cases.

This team's fan base has a history of hatred toward almost all the QB's who have played here, save two...so it's not surprising this one gets the same treatment. If we draft one at #5 or higher this time, he will likely suffer the same fate unless he's instantly successful.

I consider this salient fact the #1 reason it's smarter to build the team before you go get your QB
    Forget Zeke, and look at the O-line they had before he and Zeke even got there. This is why I say build the team first...in this case with Nelson at #5...before looking for the next savior to replace the last savior.

I'll admit, I enjoy arguing with you on about 99.9% of your posts but you hit the nail right on the head here.

The percentage of QB's that can carry the entire team is very very very slim. I'm no math Guru, but I'd say as low as <1%. Look at Manning's Colt's for almost 10 years. Nearly undefeated (regular season) when Manning was playing, and winless with Curtis Painter.

Honestly, times are changing in how football is played. Before it was the classic formula of get your guy, build your team around him. Now-days its more important to put together a solid unit, then add a QB as the ribbon on top to tie it all together.

This team still has most of it, but we MUST address our O-line, WR question marks, and ILB issues before any QB can be successful here. Whether it's Cousins, Rosen, or even Drew Brees.

Leave a comment:

• MplsBronco
    replied
    Forget Zeke, and look at the O-line they had before he and Zeke even got there. This is why I say build the team first...in this case with Nelson at #5...before looking for the next savior to replace the last savior.
    I'm with you on that.

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
    Sorry but first round QB picks don't get 2-3 years to become just competent. If that really was the expectation then what a messed up mindset on the part of Elway. And then to watch Dak be more than competent immediately just really adds salt to the wound. Yeah, I know Dak needs Zeke, but he's still miles beyond Lynch.

There simply is no way to polish this turd.

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Teams that are desperate for A starting QB don’t trade up in the 1st round for 3 year project QBs. Thats incredibly stupid. Lynch takes the heat cause anytime Elway is criticized butt hurt fanboys can’t handle it.
    Uh...they do it all the time actually.

That said, I agree that it's not very smart.

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Originally posted by v2micca View Post
    While I definitely understand Fans being unhappy that Lynch has yet to develop into anything resembling an NFL starting QB, I am equally mystified by the vitriol that he has managed to accumulate among the Broncos Fanbase.

As you mentioned, he was expected to be a 2 to 3 year project before being NFL ready and has largely fulfilled that expectation. I understand being unhappy that he appears to still be unable to handle an NFL offense and some have questioned his work ethic. But the hatred he receives on this and other Broncos fan sites strikes me as disproportionate. Maybe he doesn't work as hard a we would like. But he does work at his craft and he hasn't intentionally busted just to spite us.

I consider this salient fact the #1 reason it's smarter to build the team before you go get your QB.

Leave a comment:

• SleepingTiger
    replied
    really?? they moved up 5 spots to 26. its not like they moved from 31 to 1. they gave up a 3rd rd pick.

Damn you act like they gave up 5 1st round picks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X