X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoullessGinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
    He was beaten out by a player who had a ton more NFL experience and was Gary Kubiak's pick. It was a cronyism pick any other NFL team would have started their first round QB over a 7th round QB. Lynch even played much better year 1 than semian and beat him yet Gary wanted the 7th round pick who had more INTs to TDs compared to Lynch's 4 TDs.

You completely missed the point of my post. And we know starting Semian was the wrong choice so not sure what your point is. TS PROVED to be far better? Really? The facts are TS was a waste of time and a dog ****e QB.
    Lynch got beat out by a waste of time and a dog ****e QB.....just sayin

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    If Denver suffers some horrible luck and misses on all its favorite QBs in the draft, I honestly wouldn't mind giving Lynch one more chance if it's between him and, say, Keenum. He looked serviceable in that last game. I know it's not the popular opinion but he did improve, even if it was a year late lol. If he's still an idiot and wants to play video games instead of football, GTFO, but last year could have been a valuable lesson for him.

I feel dirty.

Leave a comment:

• db56
    replied
    If the broncos draft a project QB like Mayfield or Josh Allen while they have that same type of QB who is ready to start now then it will be a total and utter failure.

Not sure why the broncos do not consider going with Lynch this year and finally give the kid a chance which all first round QBs should get (even Tebow got a chance). This would free up to pick a star player at 5.

The whole reason the broncos are in the position they are in, is they gave a 7th round QB a shot that they should have given their first round QB. And then they gave that same 7th round QB a second year despite obvious signs of a subpar QB...

It is this type of poor decision making that needs to change and not the fact that the broncos do not have super star players on their roster. Even bad decision making can ruin star players or good players with the wrong scheme or having no plan to develop players. These types of failures are rewarded with paying an average QB like Kirk Cousins to be the highest paid player on the team and likely in the league. Desperation and defeat.

Thanks Gary for your wonderful guidance. And Elway for his inability to hire smart football folks.
    This!!

There is plenty of blame to go around but as much as I like Elway the HOF QB most of the blame falls on his shoulders.

Its pretty obvious to me that Kubiak didn't want Lynch period. He and the rest of the previous offensive coaching staff did nothing but ignore Lynch and give Trevor props whenever they could. Trevor couldn't hold PL's gym bag physically, he was a feel good story for a minute (most of us have read the little engine that could) but obviously not a long term answer at the position.

Ego can be a terrible thing it was more important here than what was best for the football team. Who has the final say here? Normally the GM(in this case Elway) has the final say not the coach (Kubiak). When the boss makes a decision that's the end of it. You either get on board with the plan or in this case sulk and sabotage the plan and Kubes choose the latter.

Now that we know what Trevor is, the argument could be made that keeping and paying Sanchez the 4 million and allowing Lynch to sit and learn quietly behind the veteran QB for a couple of years would have been much better than the ****s show that we've had around here for the last couple of years.

Our GM needs to get his head out of his ass, step up and lead the organization into the future with a clear and precise plan on every level. I'm still shocked that he let our HOF DC go really??. I have to believe that decision had to do with more than just money.

Cousins has reached his ceiling and is just a serviceable NFL QB. He is certainly better than what we've had the last couple of years but the thought of bringing him in and paying him more than Manning made makes me sick to my stomach.

Leave a comment:

• Hamrob
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    You don’t trade up and draft a QB in the 1st round to sit 3 years. That pick/picks could have been used on someone else and maybe propelled the broncos to the playoffs after SB50 and last season.

Now today, I hope this guy shows up badass in training camp. I’ll be optimistic and hope he’s figured it out and can compete
    If we trade up to #1, it's for Allen or Rosen. And, that QB starts day 1.

We would have to give the #5, our 1st next year, and probably a 3rd. I will be pissed if we do that.

Leave a comment:

• Hamrob
    replied
    Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
    Yes.
    And, he was terrible. Looked like a fish out of water. If we really are interested in Jackson....we should have traded a 3 for Tyrod. Tyrod has the wheels and is 10x the passer that Jackson ever will be.

Jackson should not be drafted in the 1st. I doubt he will.

Leave a comment:

• Coldcity76
    replied
    Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
    Yes but he was beaten out easily by Trevor TWICE ..... EASILY!!!

Lynch had all the advantages and Trevor proved to be by far the better QB.
    He was beaten out by a player who had a ton more NFL experience and was Gary Kubiak's pick. It was a cronyism pick any other NFL team would have started their first round QB over a 7th round QB. Lynch even played much better year 1 than semian and beat him yet Gary wanted the 7th round pick who had more INTs to TDs compared to Lynch's 4 TDs.

You completely missed the point of my post. And we know starting Semian was the wrong choice so not sure what your point is. TS PROVED to be far better? Really? The facts are TS was a waste of time and a dog ****e QB.
    Last edited by Coldcity76; 03-10-2018, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    Hmmm...are you sure? Follow my reasoning here;

If he wasn't supposed to be NFL ready before year 3, why would we expect him to beat out a guy who just started for a year already? Second, Siemian had an obvious advantage in his first year since he already knew the playbook. We could have expected that advantage to disappear perhaps in year 2, but that was a new playbook and a new coach, new system, etc...

When scouts said he would take 2-3 years before he was ready, did that include switching systems? Probably not.

I'm wondering how much of these guy's lack of development is on them, and how much is just the Broncos staff doesn't develop QB's very well. Throw out Siemanian since he studied under Manning, an obvious advantage.

Who have we really developed here?
    Taking 2-3 years to develop doesn't mean you are going to get beat out 2 years in a roll by a 7th round draft pick, 2-3 years develop doesn't mean that you look totally inept when you do play in games.

2-3 years to develop means that after 2-3 years you should be a competent NFL Starter, not someone who is looking to get run out of the league.

Leave a comment:

• maven
    replied

If he wasn't supposed to be NFL ready before year 3, why would we expect him to beat out a guy who just started for a year already? Second, Siemian had an obvious advantage in his first year since he already knew the playbook. We could have expected that advantage to disappear perhaps in year 2, but that was a new playbook and a new coach, new system, etc...

When scouts said he would take 2-3 years before he was ready, did that include switching systems? Probably not.

I'm wondering how much of these guy's lack of development is on them, and how much is just the Broncos staff doesn't develop QB's very well. Throw out Siemanian since he studied under Manning, an obvious advantage.

You don’t trade up and draft a QB in the 1st round to sit 3 years. That pick/picks could have been used on someone else and maybe propelled the broncos to the playoffs after SB50 and last season.

Now today, I hope this guy shows up badass in training camp. I’ll be optimistic and hope he’s figured it out and can compete

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

Leave a comment:

• Broncos23
    replied
    yeah, at playing Fortnite

Leave a comment:

• rmsanger
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Everyday you either get better or worse you NEVER stay the same!! <a href="https://t.co/xndSRVbTtk">pic.twitter.com/xndSRVbTtk</a></p>&mdash; Paxton Lynch (@PaxtonLynch) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaxtonLynch/status/966756567281520640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.instagram.com/paxtonlynch/?hl=en

Click on his story ^

Broncos starting QB in 2017?

Leave a comment:

• Guess Who
    replied
    Lynch has only played 4 games of which half were in one offensive system and the other another (McCoy). The expectation Lynch was supposed to come out and light it up despite being in a non pro offense in college is really stupid.

A 76 QB rating and over 60% completion says Lynch can play QB. He showed us in the last game he can hit that short slant which is progress as he needed to do better with the short passing game to get 1st downs.

Lynch needs to be given 6-8 games for a look. Folks here think it is ok to give Semian 24 games but give Lynch only 4 games or he is a bust?

This is so insane

The broncos have done nothing to develop Lynch at all and Kubiak sabotaged his career as much as he could.

If Elway had any balls or brains he would give his first round QB a shot and tell Gary scumbag Kubiak to STFO

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Originally posted by qbronco View Post
    Just curious. Did you see Jackson throw at the combine?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Interesting read on Jackson and his interviews at the combine where some NFL people are saying he's got the right stuff as a leader. I still think he should go around 20 since he's coming out after only two years, but someone may grab him a lot higher given that he played in a pro system and how many teams need a QB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...d-good-for-him

I wonder if Elway is considering trading down tens spots or so? Probably not, but he'd pick up a 2nd and probably more if he wanted to do so, and he seems to always want to move one way or another. I'd rather they bite down and take Nelson at #5, but if they can't sign Cousins, maybe he takes that approach instead of taking a QB at #5, where nobody impresses me as worth the spot.
    Just curious. Did you see Jackson throw at the combine?

Leave a comment:

• footstepsfrom#27
    replied
    Interesting read on Jackson and his interviews at the combine where some NFL people are saying he's got the right stuff as a leader. I still think he should go around 20 since he's coming out after only two years, but someone may grab him a lot higher given that he played in a pro system and how many teams need a QB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...d-good-for-him

I wonder if Elway is considering trading down tens spots or so? Probably not, but he'd pick up a 2nd and probably more if he wanted to do so, and he seems to always want to move one way or another. I'd rather they bite down and take Nelson at #5, but if they can't sign Cousins, maybe he takes that approach instead of taking a QB at #5, where nobody impresses me as worth the spot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X