• CEH
    replied
    What if Denver still wants to develop Lynch and
    doesn’t draft a QB?

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
    I can't see Elway signing Case Keenum to a 2 yr deal and folding his hands thinking he's solved the QB problem. We are very much in play for a QB in the Top 5. Keenum is merely insurance in case we can't get the guy we want in the Top 5.
    Because people don't want to see the Broncos go old school and sign a QB + draft one.
    The expectation is that the vet(Keenum) will block the rookie and thus potentially have it turn into a Lynch situation.

They want to see him pick one clear path and run with it. They see it as a waste of resources for a top 5 pick when you already have a starting QB signed.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
    Still interested? Or just a smokescreen to drive the value of #5 up for the Jets/Bills? Hmmm...
    I can't see Elway signing Case Keenum to a 2 yr deal and folding his hands thinking he's solved the QB problem. We are very much in play for a QB in the Top 5. Keenum is merely insurance in case we can't get the guy we want in the Top 5.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by bpc View Post
    Could be looking at Rosen/UCLA pro day. Might be scouting a LT in Kolton Miller at top of the 2nd round. Maybe both.
    There are rumors quite a few scouts see Miller at the top OT in the draft and given Brown's....I don't even know what to call that atrocious display at the combine, he could slide up into round 1 as the 2nd OT off the board behind McGlinchey.

Leave a comment:

• bpc
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    I think the signing of Keenum enhances the likelihood of taking a QB at #5. I said it before, Cousins was the only QB in the minds of the FO where you don't draft a guy at #5 or trade up for.

That was evident by them willing to go 25+, Elway has said in the past that there is no middle tier QB contract, he's just paying what the market bears out for Keenum.
    Could be looking at Rosen/UCLA pro day. Might be scouting a LT in Kolton Miller at top of the 2nd round. Maybe both.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X