Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Days

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    Man, I would never take a QB in the top ten who had questions about his accuracy. If his accuracy was undeniable and then there were questions about something else, okay. But accuracy? That's #1.
    I wouldn't take a QB in the top 3 rounds if I have questions about his accuracy. This is what scares me about Allen - want no part of that.

    Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
    But you can the improvement to accuracy since he started working with Palmer. I expect today pro days is going to be scary good.
    You can to an extent (footwork especially), but does he revert when the 300 pounders are bearing down on him?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 505bronco View Post
      You should watch more football then...
      Brady runs primarily from shotgun...roughly 70%of his snaps from the gun.....
      Many teams,
      Titans
      Eagles
      Chiefs
      Raiders
      Bengals
      Cowboys
      49ers
      You get the idea...well an intelligent guy would but not you, run a variation of a college offense. More teams will follow because sb 52 was just won by a team that runs a college offense.
      What I find amazing is that you continue to find a computer to post uneducated and untrue posts on a regular basis....
      Teams are incorporating RPO concepts(RPO in nfl not same as in college) but only the Texans ran a pure RPO offense. The eagles have a west coast offense that he’s mixed some RPO in but doesn’t run an all RPO offense.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        I wouldn't take a QB in the top 3 rounds if I have questions about his accuracy. This is what scares me about Allen - want no part of that.



        You can to an extent (footwork especially), but does he revert when the 300 pounders are bearing down on him?
        How does a Tim Tebow not succeed in the NFL,when he had a 66.7 comp% in college? If comp% does in fact determine success in the NFL.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 505bronco View Post
          You should watch more football then...
          Brady runs primarily from shotgun...roughly 70%of his snaps from the gun.....
          Many teams,
          Titans
          Eagles
          Chiefs
          Raiders
          Bengals
          Cowboys
          49ers
          You get the idea...well an intelligent guy would but not you, run a variation of a college offense. More teams will follow because sb 52 was just won by a team that runs a college offense.
          What I find amazing is that you continue to find a computer to post uneducated and untrue posts on a regular basis....
          I am not sure where you are getting your numbers.

          Brady was under center 49% of the time last season. You're correct that a lot of teams do run shotgun primarily. It is a passing league and teams use shotgun to give the QB some extra time.

          Under Center Snaps:
          Titans: 44%
          Eagles: 28%
          Chiefs: 28%
          Raiders: 32%
          Bengals: 36%
          Cowboys: 50%
          49ers: 55%

          Comment


          • Originally posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
            Interesting indeed. This guy's best ball is yet to be played.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
              What in the hell are you on about? Mahomes looked damn good in his start and he was a potential franchise QB level pick when he was taken in the draft.

              He has a lot of potential.
              He was throwing no look Magic Johnson passes in his first NFL start. I don't like him being in the AFC West. We need to counter balance him with a baller QB of our own.

              Comment


              • Mahomes is going to be good, if nothing else than the simple reason that Andy Reid gets the most out of QBs.

                Comment


                • JaMarcus Russell's completion percentage at LSU: 61.9%.

                  There is a problem with making one stat or another the make or break for any player or position.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
                    JaMarcus Russell's completion percentage at LSU: 61.9%.

                    There is a problem with making one stat or another the make or break for any player or position.
                    The Allen haters are obsessed with that one stat.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                      Teams are incorporating RPO concepts(RPO in nfl not same as in college) but only the Texans ran a pure RPO offense. The eagles have a west coast offense that he’s mixed some RPO in but doesn’t run an all RPO offense.
                      It's called a trend, and the chiefs run that style too. The days of I formation and 2 wr sets are fading and quickly.
                      Your notion of pro style offense isn't going away anytime soon is just flat out incorrect.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
                        JaMarcus Russell's completion percentage at LSU: 61.9%.

                        There is a problem with making one stat or another the make or break for any player or position.
                        I agree. I think of it as a minimum threshold (accuracy rather than comp %, but that's a little tougher to easily quantify) - once you have that, then you look for the other characteristics a QB needs to be successful.

                        Comment


                        • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As we learn about top prospects, some have noteworthy talents. For instance: <a href="https://twitter.com/willhernandez76?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@willhernande z76</a> may be a first-round guard. But also a late-round kicker? This is from 40 after a UTEP practice. <a href="https://t.co/mrltSUCMHC">pic.twitter.com/mrltSUCMHC</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/976877035783106565?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                            The Allen haters are obsessed with that one stat.
                            I mean, they are, and I don't think it's completely irrelevant. I just think you have to look at the whole package, especially when it comes to quarterback play.

                            But all the QBs have their own warts, and they're all quantifiable with like ONE statistical category.

                            With Mayfield, it's size. With Rosen, it's injuries. With Darnold, it's fumbles. With Allen, it's accuracy. Now, depending on the situation each one of these guys go to, those issues could rear their ugly heads in a big, big way, or they could not.

                            There were a few people here telling me I was nuts for saying I'd trade Denver's entire draft (somewhat of an exaggeration, but not that much) to the Browns to get Wentz, because "he didn't play anybody." But when you can play, you can play. He had the size, and arm strength, and attitude that made me really like him.

                            I like Allen in the same way. Not saying he's Wentz, but... we just don't know. And if we have the chance to draft him and he turns out to be magnificent after sitting a couple years, we won't be thrilled.

                            Comment


                            • Can you imagine getting both Notre Dame boys?


                              I would love that. Line set for a while. trade back with Buff and get both Potentially.

                              Comment


                              • I watched the Baker cut up against Georgia and he completed 6 passes at or behind the LOS . I assume base on his offense is was a normal game for Baker
                                If Allen is attempting those same type passes than I can compare Allen to Baker but
                                If Allen is not even attempting these simple Long handoffs then using % complete is hard
                                It’s simple to add 6 more Long hand offs to Allen’s stats and then dissect his %.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X