No announcement yet.

Whisk(e)y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldis $17 whisky was recently named best in the world. Unfortunately the aldis by me does not sell it, has anyone tried it?

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/d...best-in-world/

Comment

• Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
      Aldis $17 whisky was recently named best in the world. Unfortunately the aldis by me does not sell it, has anyone tried it?

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/d...best-in-world/
      It's unavailable in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        I've had Hibiki Haromony, Kurayoshi 12, Nikka Coffey Malt, Nikka Pure Malt Taketsuru and the Chugoku Jozo Togouchi. Of those, the Coffey Malt and the Pure Malt were my favorites. Very nice, layered and keeps giving. The harmony was ok. Above average.
        The harmony is subpar for Hibiki, they produced it as an alternative to the 12 because of the shortage in stock. That said the 17 is on another level from the 12.

Comment

Well, that explains it. Ha

Just received a bottle of A.D.Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon from my boss today (for covering for him while on vacation). Looking forward to cracking it open tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by huh?? View Post
            Just got one of these the other day as I'd been curious about Japanese whisky. A new Total Wine opened up not too far from the house and they sell it for $30.00. From what I've read, it's a blend intended for the American entry level market. I like it. It's more peaty than I expected; much like a Scotch.

Just got a bottle as a gift. Haven't tried yet. I have heard it is peaty, but hopefully not to much as I am not a huge Scotch fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
              Well, that explains it. Ha

Just received a bottle of A.D.Laws Four Grain Straight Bourbon from my boss today (for covering for him while on vacation). Looking forward to cracking it open tonight.
              I was lukewarm on it. However their secale rye and hordeum malt blew me away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                Just got a bottle as a gift. Haven't tried yet. I have heard it is peaty, but hopefully not to much as I am not a huge Scotch fan.
                Yeah, it's a tough call. To my unrefined palate, the peat smokiness is the prevalent flavor. Hopefully, you'll like it. It would be a shame if you had to regift it, or something...

Comment

I was lukewarm on it. However their secale rye and hordeum malt blew me away.
                  Yeah, i was dissappointed. Badass packaging, but i wouldnt buy it again even after trying to make it work in an old fashioned. Ill have to try the two you pointed out, although im not too sure il be able to find them in Dallas.

Comment

You can purchase online. It's legal in all states except Alabama, Alaska, Illinois, Mississippi and Idaho.

Here's a site that has it in stock. But you have to purchase 6 items. No idea what shipping would cost. But if you really wanted to try it, you can get it.
                    https://www.aldi.co.uk/highland-blac...03319237382102

Comment

Working...
                    X