Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whisk(e)y

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whisk(e)y

    Do you like whiskey? I do. After playing in beer since my post-Mormon journey, I've discovered, and come to truly appreciate the wonder that is usquebaugh or "water of life." and while I prefer a smokey scotch, I like bourbon and Irish as well. My friends and I even have started compiling a spreadsheet we share on google docs comparing ratings, price and looking at variances (see below).

    I like it because I sip it and enjoy it more. And I have actually lost weight because I drink fewer calories than when I'm having a couple of stouts or porters.

    I'm particularly fond of sherry cask finished drams. What say you, Bronco fans?
    Attached Files

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmmm, Kaylore got into whisky. Wonder why?
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        im in, i have tried to get into it, but havent spent more than $30 on a bottle yet. I do like Jameson and Bushmills too. I hear buffalo trace is a solid cheap bottle.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
          im in, i have tried to get into it, but havent spent more than $30 on a bottle yet. I do like Jameson and Bushmills too. I hear buffalo trace is a solid cheap bottle.
          I LOVE Buffalo Trace, despite broheims calling it "B-Trace!" it's actually quite excellent and it is very inexpensive. You don't need to spend a ton of money to enjoy whiskey, especially bourbon.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've always wondered how a Maner could possibly achieve 50,000+ posts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Weller's 12 Year, best bang for your buck.

              http://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bou...yr/p/105505750

              I also like Bulleit Rye. I haven't tried many of the more expensive ones yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                I LOVE Buffalo Trace, despite broheims calling it "B-Trace!" it's actually quite excellent and it is very inexpensive. You don't need to spend a ton of money to enjoy whiskey, especially bourbon.
                yeah ive had a lot of bourbons, any good scotch whiskeys that $30 or less?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Kaylore is getting into booze about 15 years after most people do. I used to be a big whiskey guy but it gets to where it starts to kick your ass and do stupid ****. I still drink some High West Whiskey and some Beam/Jack in small doses.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like most. Hate bulleit tho.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                      Kaylore is getting into booze about 15 years after most people do. I used to be a big whiskey guy but it gets to where it starts to kick your ass and do stupid ****. I still drink some High West Whiskey and some Beam/Jack in small doses.
                      definately makes you crazy in large amounts, I also used to be a big get drunk and crazy, now i dont really get hammered anymore and try to just have 1 whiskey to enjoy the taste and light buzz. Same with craft beers, i try to have 1-3 just to enjoy, and a small buzz.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        Kaylore is getting into booze about 15 years after most people do. I used to be a big whiskey guy but it gets to where it starts to kick your ass and do stupid ****. I still drink some High West Whiskey and some Beam/Jack in small doses.
                        cant wait for his next step into degeneracy and we start seeing Vegas trip reports....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So on Rye, Colorado's own A.D. Laws distillery, which I had the fortune of touring, just won Gold at the World Whiskey Awards for best American Rye for their Secale Straight Rye Bottled in Bond.



                          I bought a bottle. I'm not super into Rye, but this is excellent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
                            definately makes you crazy in large amounts, I also used to be a big get drunk and crazy, now i dont really get hammered anymore and try to just have 1 whiskey to enjoy the taste and light buzz. Same with craft beers, i try to have 1-3 just to enjoy, and a small buzz.
                            I've never gotten drunk on whisky.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
                              yeah ive had a lot of bourbons, any good scotch whiskeys that $30 or less?
                              You'll have to go blended. But this one is absolutely awesome:



                              I like it better than The Dalmore 12.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X