Whisk(e)y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whisk(e)y

Do you like whiskey? I do. After playing in beer since my post-Mormon journey, I've discovered, and come to truly appreciate the wonder that is usquebaugh or "water of life." and while I prefer a smokey scotch, I like bourbon and Irish as well. My friends and I even have started compiling a spreadsheet we share on google docs comparing ratings, price and looking at variances (see below).

I like it because I sip it and enjoy it more. And I have actually lost weight because I drink fewer calories than when I'm having a couple of stouts or porters.

I'm particularly fond of sherry cask finished drams. What say you, Bronco fans?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm, Kaylore got into whisky. Wonder why?
      Attached Files

Comment

im in, i have tried to get into it, but havent spent more than $30 on a bottle yet. I do like Jameson and Bushmills too. I hear buffalo trace is a solid cheap bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
          im in, i have tried to get into it, but havent spent more than $30 on a bottle yet. I do like Jameson and Bushmills too. I hear buffalo trace is a solid cheap bottle.
          I LOVE Buffalo Trace, despite broheims calling it "B-Trace!" it's actually quite excellent and it is very inexpensive. You don't need to spend a ton of money to enjoy whiskey, especially bourbon.

Comment

I've always wondered how a Maner could possibly achieve 50,000+ posts.

Comment

Weller's 12 Year, best bang for your buck.

http://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bou...yr/p/105505750

I also like Bulleit Rye. I haven't tried many of the more expensive ones yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                I LOVE Buffalo Trace, despite broheims calling it "B-Trace!" it's actually quite excellent and it is very inexpensive. You don't need to spend a ton of money to enjoy whiskey, especially bourbon.
                yeah ive had a lot of bourbons, any good scotch whiskeys that $30 or less?

Comment

Kaylore is getting into booze about 15 years after most people do. I used to be a big whiskey guy but it gets to where it starts to kick your ass and do stupid ****. I still drink some High West Whiskey and some Beam/Jack in small doses.

Comment

I like most. Hate bulleit tho.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                      Kaylore is getting into booze about 15 years after most people do. I used to be a big whiskey guy but it gets to where it starts to kick your ass and do stupid ****. I still drink some High West Whiskey and some Beam/Jack in small doses.
                      definately makes you crazy in large amounts, I also used to be a big get drunk and crazy, now i dont really get hammered anymore and try to just have 1 whiskey to enjoy the taste and light buzz. Same with craft beers, i try to have 1-3 just to enjoy, and a small buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        cant wait for his next step into degeneracy and we start seeing Vegas trip reports....

Comment

So on Rye, Colorado's own A.D. Laws distillery, which I had the fortune of touring, just won Gold at the World Whiskey Awards for best American Rye for their Secale Straight Rye Bottled in Bond.

I bought a bottle. I'm not super into Rye, but this is excellent.

Comment

definately makes you crazy in large amounts, I also used to be a big get drunk and crazy, now i dont really get hammered anymore and try to just have 1 whiskey to enjoy the taste and light buzz. Same with craft beers, i try to have 1-3 just to enjoy, and a small buzz.
                            I've never gotten drunk on whisky.

Comment

yeah ive had a lot of bourbons, any good scotch whiskeys that $30 or less?
                              You'll have to go blended. But this one is absolutely awesome:

I like it better than The Dalmore 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X