This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    I have said it since before they hired Shurmur, Giants ain't going QB, at least not at #2.
    People keep talking in absolutes like "no way Giants pass on Rosen" and I'm like it wouldn't surprise me if Denver is picking a QB @#2 after a trade up.

Comment

The Giants have been kissing Eli ass since McAdoo got canned and have openly talked about it being his team.
      They've even done the whole leak that the new FO likes Webb, they are not taking a QB, more than likely they want to trade down or take Barkley.

Imagine Barkley and OBJ on the same team. They still have to fix their OL but they want a OT.
      I know. Giants learned from Irsay what not to do with a Manning. Eli is Mr. Giant a future HOFer. It would be dumb to do him dirty like that. The guy might have another championship run in him with a better squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
        Damn.
        Giants are retards if they do that. Eli was only slightly above mediocre at his best, and has been clearly washed up for two seasons now.

Comment

The Giants have been kissing Eli ass since McAdoo got canned and have openly talked about it being his team.
          They've even done the whole leak that the new FO likes Webb, they are not taking a QB, more than likely they want to trade down or take Barkley.

Imagine Barkley and OBJ on the same team. They still have to fix their OL but they want a OT.
          Obj is not on any team but obj's.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoInferno View Post
            Giants are retards if they do that. Eli was only slightly above mediocre at his best, and has been clearly washed up for two seasons now.
            Not having a good OL and no running game tends to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapyokids View Post
              True but he's still a bonafide talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapyokids View Post
                Eh, he's like a lot of great WR's: a stud in good times, a pain in the ass in bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                  Eh, he's like a lot of great WR's: a stud in good times, a pain in the ass in bad times.
                  You almost have to be a diva as a WR - even if you get open you are dependent on the QB not only seeing you, but throwing it your way, in an area that you can catch it. And when you get open and the QB isn't even looking your way, well, "THROW ME THE BALL!" and "I'm open!!!!" Only a few guys I can think of that aren't WR divas.

Comment

Not having a good OL and no running game tends to do that.
                    Their O-Line looked amazing when they played in Denver.

Comment

• The Indianapolis Colts have agreed to a one-year contract with kicker Adam Vinatieri, who is returning for his 23rd NFL season, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Vinatieri will be the place-kicker on the 2018 Colts squad that will be led by new coach Frank Reich, who was still playing quarterback in the NFL when Vinatieri made his debut in 1996.

The 45-year-old Vinatieri is only 58 points shy of passing Morten Andersen for the top spot on the NFL's all-time scoring list. Vinatieri has scored at least 58 points in every season of his career, except 2009, when he played in only nine games.

Vinatieri has made 111 of 123 field goal attempts over the past four seasons. Two of those misses came in blizzardlike conditions in Buffalo last season. He missed out on $500,000 each of the past two seasons after failing to make 90 percent of his field goal attempts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                        You almost have to be a diva as a WR -
                        Yeah, just off the top of my head, WRs who have had some major issues over the years to varying degrees: Steve Smith, Keyshawn, Randy Moss, TO, Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, Ocho Cinco, Plaxico, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Josh Gordon... I'm sure we could go on and on!

Comment

You almost have to be a diva as a WR - even if you get open you are dependent on the QB not only seeing you, but throwing it your way, in an area that you can catch it. And when you get open and the QB isn't even looking your way, well, "THROW ME THE BALL!" and "I'm open!!!!" Only a few guys I can think of that aren't WR divas.
                          And we have one of those......and a good percentage of the board wants to get rid of him for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                            And we have one of those......and a good percentage of the board wants to get rid of him for some reason.
                            DT's about half diva Maybe a quarter. The example I had in mind is Larry Fitzgerald.

Comment

DT's about half diva Maybe a quarter. The example I had in mind is Larry Fitzgerald.
                              I don't think DT is a Diva at all. IF Sanders is like 50% diva. then DT might be 5%. IF Sanders is 100% diva then DT maybe 10%. A clear 10 to 1 there.

Comment

• Show me a single Diva-like quote out of DT from any point in his career. Just one.

The guy has come in and dominated from day one regardless of the absolute pile of suck we keep throwing out there at the QB position......and not one negative peep. In fact, he's almost always the first to praise whoever the QB is and squash any potential controversy before it even gets started.

The guy just shows up, does his job, praises his teammates, and is a leader.

Zero diva IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X