Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the NFL - 2018

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    Yep, I've been saying this for a while now.

    I wonder how Walker fits into all this?
    Walker is a DT who can provide inside pass rush so likely it would be Walker and Wolfe inside, Chubb and Von as the DE's in nickel situations, which is damn near our base defense.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
      Walker is a DT who can provide inside pass rush so likely it would be Walker and Wolfe inside, Chubb and Von as the DE's in nickel situations, which is damn near our base defense.
      That sounds delicious

      Send the pick in John

      Comment


      • #18
        Chubb at 5 is one of my favorite scenarios in this year's draft

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by maven View Post
          That sounds delicious

          Send the pick in John
          I just don't know that he makes it to #5 though.
          If NYG are intent on not taking a QB #2 then Barkley or Chubb make the most sense for them.
          NYG loves pass rushers, Gettleman loves pass rushers.
          Indy at #3 also makes sense as they need a blue chip defensive player.

          Barkley and Chubb are the 2 pieces that can swing this draft in a whole nother stratosphere. More so than the QB's, those 2 players will determine how this draft flows. Both could go anywhere from #1-#3 and make teams scramble.

          This years draft is going to be fun and yet complex to watch.

          Comment


          • #20
            Chubb would be a dream at 5. If we got Cousins then Barkley, Chubb or Nelson at 5 it would be sweet. We could also be a prime spot for a team looking for a QB to trade up, say the Bills offered 21 and 22, a 4th plus the tackle Cordy Glenn. We than have our right tackle to pair with Bolles and 21,22 and 40 to get impact players and 2 3rds and 3 4ths to load up or to trade up.

            Give me Davenport DE/OLB, Edmunds or Smith at ILB, Hernandez or Wynn at Guard, Jones or Michel at RB. Take any 3 of these at 21,22 and 40 and were ready to rock into next season.

            Comment


            • #21
              Edmunds is an interesting prospect. He's not a big time pass rusher for an OLB, he's got a **** ton of untapped potential and could be a star in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #22
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeI8RRt0gVU

                seems like real fun guy. i always laugh at this old video.

                Comment


                • #23
                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">5 finalists to host NFL Draft in 2019 or 2020: Denver, Nashville, KC, Las Vegas, Cleveland/Canton, Ohio. <a href="https://t.co/RH7BuP4lGh">https://t.co/RH7BuP4lGh</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/964221803496386566?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
                  <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Like it's going to be anywhere but Vegas. Please.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Albert Breer projects franchise tag values

                      So based on calculations off a $178 million cap (it’s expected to be higher than that, but that’s the working number teams were given), here are projections for the 2018 tags:

                      CB: $15.04 million
                      DE: $17.22 million
                      DT: $14.00 million
                      LB: $15.03 million
                      OL: $14.14 million
                      K/P: $4.96 million
                      QB: $23.29 million
                      RB: $11.90 million
                      S: $11.34 million
                      TE: $9.90 million
                      WR: $16.05 million

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                        I just don't know that he makes it to #5 though.
                        If NYG are intent on not taking a QB #2 then Barkley or Chubb make the most sense for them.
                        NYG loves pass rushers, Gettleman loves pass rushers.
                        Indy at #3 also makes sense as they need a blue chip defensive player.

                        Barkley and Chubb are the 2 pieces that can swing this draft in a whole nother stratosphere. More so than the QB's, those 2 players will determine how this draft flows. Both could go anywhere from #1-#3 and make teams scramble.

                        This years draft is going to be fun and yet complex to watch.
                        I love pass rushers. We have seen the blueprint in SB50, and I would love to see it again.

                        You're right. This draft will be fun to watch

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post

                          Give me Davenport DE/OLB
                          Is he Demarcus Ware Troy Alabama stud? I have no problems going with a guy like him as he has the measurable to play in this league.

                          He won't be around to select in the 20's assuming combine/pro day

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by maven View Post
                            Is he Demarcus Ware Troy Alabama stud? I have no problems going with a guy like him as he has the measurable to play in this league.

                            He won't be around to select in the 20's assuming combine/pro day
                            Davenport is more like a Jevon Kearse or Julius Peppers type of freak.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by maven View Post
                              I love pass rushers. We have seen the blueprint in SB50, and I would love to see it again.

                              You're right. This draft will be fun to watch
                              I do too.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                                Chubb is the best pass rusher in the draft depending on how you view Davenport...why would Chubb not go top 5?
                                He's NFL ready right now. Like potential Pro Bowl as a rookie ready.



                                Casserly is a moron, Polian level.
                                It's nice hearing about Davenport. I thought Casserly had gotten a Maddox type pick there but the more I hear, might be a good look. But at 5? And with Chubb available? I don't know about that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X