This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the NFL - 2018

I’ll be shutting down the 2017 Around the NFL thread. 2018 is going to be better than 2017!
    Last edited by DomCasual; 02-15-2018, 10:03 AM.

My thoughts? We got Loren Landow and people are still bitching about VJ as HC.

I am curious to see what happens with Cobb and GB. Would love to see him signed in Denver at the right price.

With regards to the mock where Casserly has us taking Davenport over Chubb.
    Davenport is one hell of a talent and someone I believe can shoot up draft boards to be a top 5 pick, not sure you take him over Chubb but I don't think Chubb makes it out of the top 4 picks either.

With that said, there is a reason Casserly is a former NFL GM. He is as bad as Polian at talent evaluation and acquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
      My thoughts? We got Loren Landow and people are still b****ing about VJ as HC.

I am curious to see what happens with Cobb and GB. Would love to see him signed in Denver at the right price.

With regards to the mock where Casserly has us taking Davenport over Chubb.
      Davenport is one hell of a talent and someone I believe can shoot up draft boards to be a top 5 pick, not sure you take him over Chubb but I don't think Chubb makes it out of the top 4 picks either.

With that said, there is a reason Casserly is a former NFL GM. He is as bad as Polian at talent evaluation and acquisition.
      I don’t see Chubb or Davenport going top 5. You think Cobb has enough left in the tank??

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
        I don’t see Chubb or Davenport going top 5. You think Cobb has enough left in the tank??
        Chubb is going to beast. I would love for us to take him at 5 to pair with Von.

Comment

Casserly also said Denver should trade Von Miller to the Browns for #4 overall too. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            Does he even fit in a 3-4? Tired of trying to fit players where they do not belong.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Larry Fitzgerald WILL play in 2018. That news comes via <a href="https://twitter.com/AZCardinals?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AZCardinals</a> coach Steve Wilks, who revealed the news this morning on <a href="https://twitter.com/AZSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@azsports</a> after talking to Fitz. Important piece of the offense – obviously.</p>&mdash; Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/964147095815925760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 15, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Fitz is chasing #2 on the WR All Time lists in yards and catches.

He can realistically do it too, hopefully the Cards get the right QB for him, and guessing that he is back means the cards are going after one of the vet QBs in Free Agency for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
                  Does he even fit in a 3-4? Tired of trying to fit players where they do not belong.
                  You fit your scheme to the players. He would fit in great with a 4-3 under which Denver can easily run. Everyone gets so caught up in labeling 3-4 or 4-3 instead of gap responsibilities for a specific defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                    Fitz is chasing #2 on the WR All Time lists in yards and catches.

He can realistically do it too, hopefully the Cards get the right QB for him, and guessing that he is back means the cards are going after one of the vet QBs in Free Agency for sure.
                    What's nuts is that Larry Fitzgerald has 1,234 receptions for 15,545 yards and 110 TDs and he won't come close to any of Jerry Rice's numbers.

Jerry Rice had 1,549 receptions. Fitz will be 35 years old next season. He's 315 receptions away. That would be 3 more seasons of 100+ receptions. That's probably the most realistic of the all-time records that Fitz could reach....but I highly doubt he breaks that record. Tony Gonzalez is 2nd all-time with 1,325 receptions, which is impressive.

Jerry Rice had 22,895 receiving yards. Fitz is 7,350 yards away from that record and won't come close to Rice's record.

Jerry Rice had 197 receiving TDs. Fitz has 110 receiving TDs, which places him 8th on the all-time list.

Comment

Comment

is Radio still coach in this thread? hope not!

Comment

Casserly too me seems like a guy who will post his mock drafts based on talking to his contacts in the NFL rather than some in depth draft analysis.

Rick Gosslin use to do the same thing and would be the best mock drafter out there . He would post his final mock draft morning with insight from all his connections.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
                            Chubb is the best pass rusher in the draft depending on how you view Davenport...why would Chubb not go top 5?
                            He's NFL ready right now. Like potential Pro Bowl as a rookie ready.

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            Casserly also said Denver should trade Von Miller to the Browns for #4 overall too. Lol.
                            Casserly is a moron, Polian level.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                              Yep, I've been saying this for a while now.

I wonder how Walker fits into all this?

Comment

Working...
                              X