Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami's Mike Pouncey served grand jury subpoena

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miami's Mike Pouncey served grand jury subpoena

    The Massachusetts State Police served Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey with a grand jury subpoena less than an hour after the Patriots defeated the Dolphins 27-17 at Gillette Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

    A source with knowledge of the matter told SI.com that the subpoena is related to the investigation into Aaron Hernandez, Pouncey's close friend and former teammate at the University of Florida. The source indicated that police are focusing in on Hernandez's potential involvement in interstate gun trafficking, which is being investigated by several agencies in multiple states -- at least Massachusetts, New York and Florida.

    The extent of Pouncey's potential involvement is undetermined, but police are focusing on multiple transactions that involve him and Hernandez. "Organizationally, we do not have a comment," said Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene. "And Mike Pouncey does not have a comment."

    ...

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ron-hernandez/

  • #2
    And this from Florio:

    Dolphins center Mike Pouncey apparently is more than a mere witness in the ever-growing case(s) against Aaron Hernandez.
    Greg Bedard of SI.com, who with Pete Thamel reported on Sunday that Pouncey has been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury investigating Hernandez, gave a more dire assessment to Pouncey’s potential predicament during a Monday morning appearance on WQAM’s The Joe Rose Show.
    “Overall, I would say this is a serious situation for Mike Pouncey,” Bedard said. “This is not a situation where they just think he might have evidence towards the charges against Aaron Hernandez. If he goes in there [to testify before the grand jury] thinking that’s what it’s about, he will be underprepared. He should be prepared that the authorities are looking at him in regards to some charges.”
    It’s not clear what the charges would or could be, but Bedard at one point made reference to the issue of finances. Bedard also said that Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey (Mike’s twin) could be summoned to testify at some point, too.
    With one murder case pending against Hernandez and a double-murder case possible, authorities reportedly are exploring whether Hernadnez was engaged in the illegal trafficking of weapons. That detour from the murder charges has the feel of an effort to ensure that there will be a way to put an actual or perceived “bad guy” away, in the event the murder charge(s) don’t stick.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was reading about this. They were running guns? Don't the Feds step in here at some point? Both Pouncey brothers are involved too, from the sounds of it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Are they gonna try and get a RICO case out of this? I am no Lawyer but isn't it easier to get convictions of RICO cases and easier to prove?
        Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          wow, bad guys breaking gun laws? go figure.

          Comment


          • #6
            I wonder if they could get me a FN SCAR 16S?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
              I wonder if they could get me a FN SCAR 16S?
              Nope only PPSH's... I own one. i love that gun

              Comment


              • #8
                This is what I would expect from NASCAR.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                  I was reading about this. They were running guns? Don't the Feds step in here at some point? Both Pouncey brothers are involved too, from the sounds of it.
                  Hard to know how exactly the Pouncy brothers are involved. It could be something really bad like trying to obtain illegal weapons for crimes (like fully automatic rifles) or something less imposing like buying and transporting legal firearms illegally or in a way so as to launder how Hernandez and his criminal buddies got their guns. Different states have different laws about what is legal and what is illegal so there may be some issue with Pouncy buying a legal firearm in one state and providing that weapon to Hernandez and it was used in a crime and it was an illegal weapon in the state in which the crime was committed...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    Hard to know how exactly the Pouncy brothers are involved. It could be something really bad like trying to obtain illegal weapons for crimes (like fully automatic rifles) or something less imposing like buying and transporting legal firearms illegally or in a way so as to launder how Hernandez and his criminal buddies got their guns. Different states have different laws about what is legal and what is illegal so there may be some issue with Pouncy buying a legal firearm in one state and providing that weapon to Hernandez and it was used in a crime and it was an illegal weapon in the state in which the crime was committed...
                    Which is why I think the Feds might step in at some point.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sons of Anarchy Florida Originals

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                        Which is why I think the Feds might step in at some point.
                        If anyone asks you to buy them a gun, just say no.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Meyer was running a wonderful program there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            This is what I would expect from NASCAR.
                            That's raycess?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              so I was at Sports Authority about 6 months ago, back in their section with rifles, fishing gear, ammo, hunting stuff, etc. and this Latino gal was asking the guy behind the counter "can I buy a gun for my boyfriend?"

                              um, no.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X