• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Meriweather vows to begin targeting players' knees

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...-players-knees

he has a point

oh, and this!!!

Then Meriweather turned to Marshall and Bears tight end Martellus Bennett, who both publicly criticized the hard-hitting safety last week. Marshall received one of Meriweather's hits in the game on Oct. 20.

"I respect the league trying to better our game," Marshall said after that game. "Guys like that, maybe he needs to get suspended or taken out of the game completely."

Bennett said later in the week that he wanted to punch Meriweather. But Meriweather's ire was directed more at Marshall.

"He feels like I need to be kicked out of the league, I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too," Meriweather said.

Comment

Glad he wasn't in yesterday's game with his new attitude on hitting/tackling.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post

"He feels like I need to be kicked out of the league, I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too," Meriweather said.[/I]

Burn. To a ****ing crisp.

Comment

he has a point

oh, and this!!!

Then Meriweather turned to Marshall and Bears tight end Martellus Bennett, who both publicly criticized the hard-hitting safety last week. Marshall received one of Meriweather's hits in the game on Oct. 20.

"I respect the league trying to better our game," Marshall said after that game. "Guys like that, maybe he needs to get suspended or taken out of the game completely."

Bennett said later in the week that he wanted to punch Meriweather. But Meriweather's ire was directed more at Marshall.

"He feels like I need to be kicked out of the league, I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too," Meriweather said.

That was a HUGE palm to BMarsh's face. Loved it.

Comment

Great. He'll probably take Gates's knees out this week.

If the NFL was serious about player safety, players like Meriweather would receive stricter punishments. The fines are slaps on the wrists and then finally after 8? 10? fines they finally receive a suspension. But it's only two games then reduced to one? What a joke. The players he injures are sometimes out longer than that.

Comment

From the same article...AHEM...

Marshall has been arrested multiple times on alleged domestic-abuse charges but has never been convicted.

Technically, Marshall isn't guilty of anything. Meriweather, on the other hand, is guilty of violating NFL rules. I don't know how some of you can defend a player who has this type of attitude. I guarantee that opinion of him would have changed, if he had taken out a key Broncos player...

Comment

Damn, Marshall probably wishes he'd said nothing now.

Comment

He's got a point ,but it a really stupid way to say it. Shanny presser at 3:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post

Marshall has been arrested multiple times on alleged domestic-abuse charges but has never been convicted.

Technically, Marshall isn't guilty of anything. Meriweather, on the other hand, is guilty of violating NFL rules. I don't know how some of you can defend a player who has this type of attitude. I guarantee that opinion of him would have changed, if he had taken out a key Broncos player...

yeah, apparently bitches stab boy friends for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post

Technically, Marshall isn't guilty of anything.
                      Wrong. It should read "technically, Marshall hasn't been found guilty of anything in the courts". Big difference.

Just because the old lady doesn't want the gravy train to end and doesn't press charges, doesn't mean he's not guilty of anything.

Comment

"Take a seat, Brandon."

Comment

h
                          "He feels like I need to be kicked out of the league, I feel like people who beat their girlfriends should be kicked out of the league, too," Meriweather said.[/I]
                          Ouch! BM gets fried.

Comment

I know players are flying around, but our body does have something called a mid-section to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                              Great. He'll probably take Gates's knees out this week.

If the NFL was serious about player safety, players like Meriweather would receive stricter punishments. The fines are slaps on the wrists and then finally after 8? 10? fines they finally receive a suspension. But it's only two games then reduced to one? What a joke. The players he injures are sometimes out longer than that.
                              I agree that it is bull**** how the penalties are enforced on dirty players. In my opinion it should be However long the player who received a cheap shot or illegal hit is out, is how long the player who delivered the hit should be out without pay.

how many guys will go at the knees or lead with the helmet if they are going to wind up unpaid for several weeks or even a full season.

Comment

Working...
                              X