OT-2018 Videogames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    For the record I don't see anything wrong with being an overgrown kid as long as you handle your business in real life. I did once get obsessed with playing Civilization on my PC. I just think often young men spend way too much time on the video games. It seems like it would be unhealthy.

All men are overgrown kids. We just get better toys as we get older. And civilization is designed for "just one more turn". The clickbait of videogames.

Comment

For the record I don't see anything wrong with being an overgrown kid as long as you handle your business in real life. I did once get obsessed with playing Civilization on my PC. I just think often young men spend way too much time on the video games. It seems like it would be unhealthy.
      Thinking games are just for kids is a silly and outdated perspective. It’s no more a kid-only form of entertainment than movies or TV are.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        Thinking games are just for kids is a silly and outdated perspective. It’s no more a kid-only form of entertainment than movies or TV are.
        I noticed nobody admitted to playing Fortnite but I bet quite a few adults here are playing with my 12 year old and his friends. It is ridiculous that gane eats up as much time as it does that I have to limit the play or nothing would get done by the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
          Death stranding is such an odd game. Im not entirely sure what to make of it. And even with all the trailers and whatnot on it, still no clue what its about 100%.

The cult surrounding Kojima seriously puts me off any of his future endeavors. His games are massively overrated, yet to suggest such an affront to their lord and savior is to risk the wrath of a million furious fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
            I noticed nobody admitted to playing Fortnite but I bet quite a few adults here are playing with my 12 year old and his friends. It is ridiculous that gane eats up as much time as it does that I have to limit the play or nothing would get done by the kids.
            To each their own. I just have no interests in the Battle Royal style games. If I'm going to play multi-player, I prefer the class based team battles, like Team Fortress and Overwatch.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
              I confess!

Tell your kid to take it easy on me.

Comment

Any over indulgence is unhealthy. But I would prefer my neighbors to be over indulgent in video games instead of heroin or alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  That's true. That nonsense that was MG Sons of Liberty, with the White House creating a new species of people because the powerful existed there so long was his idea too.
                  God, I pity the localization teams that have to translate Kojima's disjointed ramblings. I imagine it is even more incoherent in his native tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                    The cult surrounding Kojima seriously puts me off any of his future endeavors. His games are massively overrated, yet to suggest such an affront to their lord and savior is to risk the wrath of a million furious fanboys.

I've never been a Kojima fanboy. The MG series never really clicked in for me. I think the only Metal Gear game I ever played was Sons of Liberty and it was so long ago I barely remember much beyond a character named Raiden. Death Stranding looks very pretty, but as I said I have no ****ing clue what its about or what weird message its trying to convey.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                      To each their own. I just have no interests in the Battle Royal style games. If I'm going to play multi-player, I prefer the class based team battles, like Team Fortress and Overwatch.
                      I thought Fortnite is team based. Is that just the excuse that I get when my kid says my 3 other friends can play at this time and we have to play together.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                        I thought Fortnite is team based. Is that just the excuse that I get when my kid says my 3 other friends can play at this time and we have to play together.
                        Can be. But doesn't have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                          I've never been a Kojima fanboy. The MG series never really clicked in for me. I think the only Metal Gear game I ever played was Sons of Liberty and it was so long ago I barely remember much beyond a character named Raiden. Death Stranding looks very pretty, but as I said I have no ****ing clue what its about or what weird message its trying to convey.

Stem cells are BTU's combined with a form of fusion and humans are isolated versions of the Matrix.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsr28 View Post
                            Stem cells are BTU's combined with a form of fusion and humans are isolated versions of the Matrix.

See? Watching this I had no idea that it was basically about babies being batteries.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uaXxaR_YqPU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                              I've been playing a lot of a game called Escape From Tarkov that's still currently in beta, probably more similar to PUBG I'd say than Fortnite, but I definitely game in that space.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                                See? Watching this I had no idea that it was basically about babies being batteries.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uaXxaR_YqPU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hah, I'm just spitballing, I have no clue. I don't try to delve too much into figuring out storytelling for Kojima or Japanese games. I've played Dark Souls 1 and 2 and while not Kojima games, are a bit too vague and require piecing together a lot from little bits of detail scattered everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X