Denvers defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
    Was anyone REALLY nervous that we wouldnt come back in that game? How could you be if you had watched every game this year? This has become our MO: start slow, figure out the D, gangbusters.
    How did that work out against Indy?

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
      How did that work out against Indy?
      That game was just plain cursed. Play them 10 times and I'll bet the Broncos win 8 times. No one had a good game; offense, defense or special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewer View Post
        That game was just plain cursed. Play them 10 times and I'll bet the Broncos win 8 times. No one had a good game; offense, defense or special teams.
        Agree. But, this game felt even worse at the 21-7 point. Which is another reason why I don't see how people wouldn't have been nervous at that point.

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ed-allen-trade

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            Agree. But, this game felt even worse at the 21-7 point. Which is another reason why I don't see how people wouldn't have been nervous at that point.
            I tweeted out at 21-7 we were going to win.

There were some bad breaks, and there was plenty of time left.

Do you still doubt Manning and this offense's ability to score huge points in bunches? They've been doing it all year!

Comment

^ You're to be commended for your intestinal fortitude, Poweraddict! No, I don't doubt the ability in general just doubted it at that moment. Hard not to.

Comment

After the comeback against SD last year, I've given up on giving up on the Broncos.

That was the last time I've really wrung my hands until the game was over.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                  After the comeback against SD last year, I've given up on giving up on the Broncos.

That was the last time I've really wrung my hands until the game was over.
                  Me too. I was convinced we were still going to win the Indy game until the Hillman fumble.

Comment

Denver's defense will be top 5 by the end of the year. You heard it first here

Comment

Know what the bottom five defenses are?

28. Jaguars

29. Washington

30. Vikings

31. Eagles

32. Cowboys

Four of the five are teams we beat. What does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post

28. Jaguars

29. Washington

30. Vikings

31. Eagles

32. Cowboys

Not much?

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post

28. Jaguars

29. Washington

30. Vikings

31. Eagles

32. Cowboys

When we play, our offense rapes defenses into bad ranks?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            When we play, our offense rapes defenses into bad ranks?
                            Either

1. Those teams have awful defenses, which the Broncos exploited

2. Those poor rankings are the result of Broncos asswhoopings.

I guess it's a combination of both (8 games is way too small a sample size for any definitive correlations), with a 60/40 split favoring choice number two.

It's like the strength of schedule argument. Teams that win most of their games will always show a "weak" strength of schedule - they contributed to their opponents' losses (see http://imgur.com/a/wZbVk).

It would be interesting to see what these teams' defensive rankings when excluding the Broncos game.

Comment

Surprising stat:

The Broncos have allowed touchdowns on eight of 26 opposing red zone carries. That is a rate of a touchdown on 30.8% of carries which is the worst in the league.
                              https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ions-week-8-2/

Comment

Working...
                              X