Denver turns the ball over 4 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Welker struggles to catch uncontested passes on a fairly regular basis. WTF are you going on about?
    He's the second best rated WR in the league. Why are you so ****ing relentlessly negative?

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
      He's the second best rated WR in the league. Why are you so ****ing relentlessly negative?
      You're the one ripping DT for a mistake by Manning you asshat.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
        we don't match up well with that team.
        I beg to differ.

Offense - Our QB is better then theirs. Our WR's are better then theirs (all 3 of ours are better then their best). Our OL was better until we were decimated with injuries there so I'd have to say that's a wash with Franklin back. They do have better RB's. TE I think is a wash. JT is awesome catching the passes but worse then average blocker.

Defense - Really really hard to go by what we've seen from ours thus far. They're getting healthier, they got Von back now and some of the younger guys like Nacho and Webster are getting those much needed reps. They have the better defense right now but I think ours is starting to turn around.

ST - ours is better

You can't go by what you saw in the preseason dude. I mean, Hillman was listed as our starting RB. No Von, no Champ, Dude from AZ was our starting MLB.

They are super super tough at home but look at them on the road, they haven't impressed. The scored 12 points against Carolina and almost lost that game. They were down to Houston and the Texans blew that game, they had it in the bag. Seahawks won by 3. They lost to Indy. The Titans had them beat also and gave it away at the end of the game.

Go back and watch their games, you won't be that impressed except for their win over Jac and Ari and of course SF (but that was in Sea. They remind me alot of how KC is playing. Great defense, offense is not that great at all and they've gotten lucky to win a few of those games. They easily easily could be 4-3 right now.

At a neutral site, I think we'll match up fine. We probably aren't going to score 45 points that's for sure. But our defense will hold them to under 24 at a neutral site. Of course, everything boils down to the Broncos. If we don't turn the ball over, it's super hard to beat us. Even with Indy getting 3 TO's against at home, we still were on the 1 yard line and were going to be within 3 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
          You sir, are completely oblivious to the talent level across the NFL.

The only certification to being great is winning. We are 7-1 and significantly leading the league is point differential.

The Denver Broncos are putting up record setting points, but somehow we got someone thinking the Broncos aren't great?

Yeah grandpa, we're just a good team but not great. I'm sure the other 31 teams in the NFL and John Elway are right there with you on that.
          You're an idiot. This team is sloppy as ****. It's the reason why we lost last weekend to the Colts, probably our closest AFC rival in terms of talent. It's one of the reasons why we lost to Baltimore in last year's playoff game. We could have beat them but we were careless with the penalties, turnovers and awful in critical short yardage plays. Look at our loss to the Colts, same recipe.

I've seen a lot of talented teams in the league not win a Super Bowl. Denver will have a tough time winning super bowl's turning it over as much as we do. Talent is besides the point. No team is talented enough to sustain winning games with 2-4 turnovers like we have acrued far too often this season.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
            You're an idiot. This team is sloppy as ****. It's the reason why we lost last weekend to the Colts, probably our closest AFC rival in terms of talent. It's one of the reasons why we lost to Baltimore in last year's playoff game. We could have beat them but we were careless with the penalties, turnovers and awful in critical short yardage plays. Look at our loss to the Colts, same recipe.

I've seen a lot of talented teams in the league not win a Super Bowl. Denver will have a tough time winning super bowl's turning it over as much as we do. Talent is besides the point. No team is talented enough to sustain winning games with 2-4 turnovers like we have acrued far too often this season.
            You can't be sloppy as **** and be 7-1 while leading the league in point differential. That makes absolutely no sense. That is an extreme exaggeration. Do you think an NFL football team needs to play a perfect football game to be great?

If Broncos are sloppy as ****, how would you contrast that with the other 31 teams in the NFL?

A team like the New England Patriots are sloppy but winning games. Broncos are have a +125 half way through the season. Next closest is KC whom are 31 points behind.

I swear, it's like some of you think Broncos aren't playing against other professionals. They get paid to make plays to.

Oh and bringing up the Ravens game and turnovers...we had 3. All by Peyton Manning, so if you're going to throw **** out there, grow some balls and throw our QB under the bus.

I could understand if one were to say, Broncos need to get better and need to clean up their mistakes. But to grade the Broncos as you did as being "sloppy as ****" is absolute exaggeration to its finest, or just a complete misunderstanding of how NFL teams function.
            Last edited by Action; 10-28-2013, 03:44 AM.

Comment

S
              Originally posted by Action View Post
              You're right, Manning is clear and free of any mistakes.

Let's just completely ignore the fact that the ball Manning threw to Thomas was underthrown.
              I hate to agree with this chick, but she's exactly right.

Those turnovers were completely on Manning just for the simple fact that those balls should have never been thrown. Could DT have been more physical? You bet your ass. DT is the biggest, strongest, pussy to ever play the game. He's completely finesse. The polar opposite of Bryant.

But Manning is making terrible throws. I would attribute it mostly to his injury and new compensatory style of throwing, but he needs to realize that he just can't do that. His impatience is so annoying to watch throughout the game. If we just took what they gave us we wouldn't be denied. Ever. All of our drives would be long but they would all end up with 7. Manning tried his best to give them the game yesterday. Our defense and skill players just weren't having it.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
                S
                Manning tried his best to give them the game yesterday. Our defense and skill players just weren't having it.

Yeah, especially when he made DT fall down and give Hall an easy pick 6.

Comment

p.s. Agreeing with Action is the definition of "going full retard."

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                    You're the one ripping DT for a mistake by Manning you asshat.
                    I'm still waiting for your lofty dissertation on all the different types of passes a QB can throw. Given my limited understanding of the subject, I had always assumed there were only two types: Catchable and uncatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                      p.s. Agreeing with Action is the definition of "going full retard."
                      I'd call it using your damn brains and simple logic.... if that's going full retard I must be suffering from major retardation while you must be a genius.

All I know is that I watch the games and pay attention to whats going on.

Going full retard is what you see in the gameday section week after week.

It's too simple to completely pull comments out of there and show how incompetent people are on this forum

If you can't agree with me, just check the thread yesterday during the beginning of the 3rd
                      Last edited by Action; 10-28-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                        Yeah, especially when he made DT fall down and give Hall an easy pick 6.
                        When someone makes a general statement like he did, you don't disprove it by taking one play and blowing it up. You might as well say, "Yeah, especially when he threw 4 touchdowns."

(then by using your logic, I'd say yeah, even though Moreno was completely responsible for one of them since it was as screen)

That's that dumbass omane logic and response.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                          You're an idiot. This team is sloppy as ****.
                          Careful, I've got the Goon Squad attacking me in another thread for calling the Broncos "sloppy". That word is like a dog whistle to them or something.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            Careful, I've got the Goon Squad attacking me in another thread for calling the Broncos "sloppy". That word is like a dog whistle to them or something.
                            Broncos have the record for most points through 8 games, but they sloppy, right?

Do you honestly think John Elway would agree with you if you told him the Broncos are sloppy?

Comment

Manning can get healthy over the bye week. Then we have a 4 week stretch that will determine the season for us. Game vs Chargers, 2 games vs Chiefs all in 4 weeks. Crazy schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                                You're not being a good stepford fan Tony!

Comment

Working...
                                X