Denver turns the ball over 4 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
    I think of Vickerson as the Broncos enforcer, like in hockey. If they try and cheap shot our stars, Vick will pay them a visit. He just needs to do it in a way that's not so blatant.
    Fox was chewing on him pretty good after the call.

I do think that particular one was incidental.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
      ...except maybe on the road against SF or NO...
      Need to include Seattle in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
        Guess it depends on how you define great. We'd be the favorite against any team in any stadium, except maybe on the road against SF or NO, and we'd pbly even be favored there.
        Physical teams with mobile QBs who can attack the field vertically and pound the ball on the ground worry me. At the past few weeks, I doubt we'd be favorites on the road against SF or Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
          Yeah, pbly. We match up better against them than the other two IMO. But we'd even pbly be small favorites in their house.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            Seattle is the most dangerous team in football right now because of the physical defense they play.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples Champ View Post
              And still wins by 24 pts against a good team.

We lost turnover battle to a good Indy team 1-4 and still almost won the game.

If we can eliminate turnovers, this team is SCARY!
              Ummmmmm since when is 4 bigger than 5? But agreed, we need to play clean football.

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
                Physical teams with mobile QBs who can attack the field vertically and pound the ball on the ground worry me. At the past few weeks, I doubt we'd be favorites on the road against SF or Seattle.
                Maybe. We are SB favorites for a reason. And a bye week and getting healthy and better. Our D was already noticably better because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                  Great teams do not turnover the ball like we do. Thus, we are not a great team. We are good, not great. We can get to that level but somebody on this team from the coaching staff or players needs to step up and start demanding a higher level of play on this front.
                  wo of the turnovers were on D Thomas, one for slipping and one ball he just got ripped from him.

Two on Manning, one for bad pocket awareness, and one ball that he never should have thrown. It's got to get cleaned up as 7 turnovers in the last two weeks is just too many.

Comment

It needs to be cleaned up.

Playcalling, turnovers, run blocking, decisions.

All of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                      Great teams do not turnover the ball like we do. Thus, we are not a great team. We are good, not great. We can get to that level but somebody on this team from the coaching staff or players needs to step up and start demanding a higher level of play on this front.
                      You sir, are completely oblivious to the talent level across the NFL.

The only certification to being great is winning. We are 7-1 and significantly leading the league is point differential.

The Denver Broncos are putting up record setting points, but somehow we got someone thinking the Broncos aren't great?

Yeah grandpa, we're just a good team but not great. I'm sure the other 31 teams in the NFL and John Elway are right there with you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
                        Turnovers and stupid mistakes worry me. You think either of those teams match up with us if we don't do them a ton of favors (which we very likely would admittedly)? If either of those teams were to beat us it would be because we turned the ball over three times and had stupid penalties. That's how the Colts beat us and they straight up outplayed both those teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                          You sir, are completely oblivious to the talent level across the NFL.

The only certification to being great is winning.

The Denver Broncos are putting up record setting points, but somehow we got someone thinking the Broncos aren't great?

Yeah grandpa, we're just a good team but not great. I'm sure the other 31 teams in the NFL and John Elway are right there with you on that.
                          You don't think he has a point? We are a mistake-prone team. Yes we are talented. Yes we are racking up crazy amounts of points. But great teams avoid mistakes. That is something we have yet to show we can do.

It should be noted that most seasons there are no truly great teams. Most seasons the champion is just a good team that gets hot and/or lucky in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                            You don't think he has a point? We are a mistake-prone team. Yes we are talented. Yes we are racking up crazy amounts of points. But great teams avoid mistakes. That is something we have yet to show we can do.

It should be noted that most seasons there are no truly great teams. Most seasons the champion is just a good team that gets hot and/or lucky in the playoffs.
                            By that definition KC is a great team because they avoid mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I'm not sure what your last statement even means. A great team wins when it matters.

Of course we need to find a way to fix our turnovers. Every single team in the NFL has issues that you can just simply say: great teams don't _________. It's ridiculous.

Living in Los Angeles, this reminds me of when Phil Jackson and the Lakers were so great during their times with Kobe and Shaq, and even that period with Kobe and Gasol. The team is so damn good, the rest of world forgets how far ahead they really are of the competition. Phil Jackson would talk about it all the time, about the team being so great that they just mentally lapse and have self inflicted mistakes and wounds.

Let's be clear here, Broncos are still a top team in the NFL, with or without mistakes.

Comment

Two of Manning's picks were on DT. On one he fell down and gave up, and the other he just didn't fight at all for the ball, and Hall snagged it from him.

Manning's fumbles are a direct result of the line getting beat. Now is that overall scheme or Manning's play calls at the line?

Comment

Working...
                                X