Manning has two ankle sprains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning has two ankle sprains

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has two ankle sprains, league sources said.

Peyton Manning suffered two ankle sprains against Jacksonville on Oct. 13, according to sources.

Manning suffered both injuries, including a high ankle sprain, during Denver's victory two weeks ago against the Jacksonville Jaguars, the sources said.

Manning suffered the first ankle sprain on the Broncos' first offensive play against the Jaguars, the sources said. The four-time MVP sustained the second sprain when he was hit low by Jacksonville's Jason Babin, according to sources.

The high ankle sprain was aggravated during last Sunday's loss to the Indianapolis Colts, when Manning was sacked for the second time by former teammate Robert Mathis.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...-ankle-sprains

Seeing now this was already posted in the game day thread, but probably worth it's own thread anyway.

Comment

It is worth its own thread. The health of Peyton Manning is key to our success. The offensive line better step up, and protect him...

Comment

Two? That explains why he is not limping.

Comment

Gase did horrible job in protecting Manning.

Comment

This certainly explains his erratic performance against Indy. I wonder if they upped his pain killer dosage at halftime because he certainly played better in the 2nd half.

Comment

The more I think about this the more annoyed I get about it. They knew he was hurt against Jacksonville and yet they don't game plan for Indy in such a way as to protect him better? I mean, what the hell? How stupid can they be?

Comment

So let me get this straight, Manning got hurt due to an illegal hit(by rule) by Babin, which wasn't called and he wasn't fined.
                Gotcha.

Comment

As i said couple of weeks back, it pathetic that some one used team's twitter and made fun of jaguars.
                  I strongly believed at that time that they will try to hurt manning at any cost.
                  I listen to radio and all their fans were of the same opinion(just hurt manning..).

Comment

Originally posted by TheChamp24 View Post
                    So let me get this straight, Manning got hurt due to an illegal hit(by rule) by Babin, which wasn't called and he wasn't fined.
                    Gotcha.
                    I remember scratching my head at that play. That is called 100% of the time when it happens to Brady, and the official was right there watching the play. Guess Manning needs to get a blown out knee to get that call? I don`t get it.

Comment

Now we know manning went to the locker room to tape up his ankle instead of taking a dump. Brock was warming up because of an injury to manning that game. I fail to see where these minor ankle sprains are such a serious injury though. If they were a certain degree of sprain he wouldn't be playing any game. Hell he would've been taken out after going up 35-19

Comment

Yeah I should've made the game day post into its own thread.
                        It seems that our bye is coming at a great time. Let's hope we can get to it in tact though, the Redskins have a pretty good book-end rush with Orakpo and Kerrigan.

Comment

I have 100% faith n Fox and JDR to come up with the perfect game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                            I have 100% faith n Fox and JDR to come up with the perfect game plan.
                            Yes, because they certainly did against Indianapolis didn't they?

Although, whether it was due to crowd noise or nerves, I feel like Peyton wasn't making nearly as many audibles at the line in that game. When he audibles a lot of time its to switch to a different protection and account for a mismatch. Next time we get into an environment like that, at least noise wise, I'd like to see him slow it down. Building a good lead would also help us in that department, as the crowd wouldn't be nearly as into it.

Comment

Manning told his ankles they weren't hurt and miraculously the injuries went away.

Comment

Working...
                              X