Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Jake Plummer's Last Frontier

http://www.nfl.com/plummer

While addressing the kids, Plummer repeated the phrase "love of the game." It's what he lost at the end of his NFL career, leading to his abrupt retirement in March 2007. He was just 32 and making more than $5 million per season.

"It just was time," Plummer said while standing on the deck of a magnificent home overlooking the ocean, now in Juneau for that city's youth league Heads Up program.

"I was ready (to retire) the year before," Plummer added. "A lot of people don't know that had we gone to the Super Bowl and won it, I was ready to walk off the stage with the MVP trophy and say goodbye.

"If you're not 100 percent energy focused on what you're doing, then you're cheating yourself, but you're also cheating your teammates, coaches, fans, and I didn't ever want to do that. I can tell you with 100 percent honesty that I played every snap with 100 percent effort. All I wanted to do was succeed, no matter what, no matter when, and at the end there, I was just ready to go. My heart wasn't in it, and I didn't want to be that guy who was letting my teammates down by not coming to work every day."

http://www.nfl.com/plummer
    Last edited by crush17; 10-25-2013, 09:25 AM.

huh. So Mike Shanahan was smart to draft Jay Cutler.

Please Jake, we need more handball stories

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
      huh. So Mike Shanahan was smart to draft Jay Cutler.

Please Jake, we need more handball stories
      That's all you took from the article? ZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
        I didn't read it. i'm bored with Jake Plummer's retirement and how Mike Shanahan ruined his love for the game or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
          "A lot of people don't know that had we gone to the Super Bowl and won it, I was ready to walk off the stage with the MVP trophy and say goodbye.
          Ummm, I love you more than most did Jake, but that's presuming a lot. If the Broncos had won the SB, I can think of AT LEAST 5 or 6 guys that would probably have deserved that MVP trophy more.

Comment

the Rams should give plummer a call...

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
              He didn't read the article, obviously he just read the portion of it that I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                the Rams should give plummer a call...

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                  Ummm, I love you more than most did Jake, but that's presuming a lot. If the Broncos had won the SB, I can think of AT LEAST 5 or 6 guys that would probably have deserved that MVP trophy more.
                  Really??

5 or 6?

Let's hear it.

Comment

Really??

5 or 6?

Let's hear it.
                    Champ Bailey
                    Mike Anderson
                    Rod Smith
                    Al Wilson
                    John Lynch

All depends on who stepped up in the SB. All of them could've gotten the job done. Jake hardly did much in the win vs the Pats and certainly didn't earn any MVP votes in that Pittsburgh game.

Comment

Really??

5 or 6?

Let's hear it.
                      Champ
                      Mike Anderson
                      Al Wilson
                      Rod Smith...

.....Jeb Putzier?

Four is all I can come up with, and Al Wilson is kinda stretching it.

Edit: Forgot about John Lynch.

Comment

that AFCCG season was alot of fun.... It strange, even with Manning and our records setting offense, it just seems that offense was much more consistent and productive... I know it wasn't but I seem to remember every game we'd come out and just start out with and bang and roll the who first half... alot of misdirection, bootlegs... fun stuff

Comment

Champ Bailey
                          Mike Anderson
                          Rod Smith
                          Al Wilson
                          John Lynch

All depends on who stepped up in the SB. All of them could've gotten the job done. Jake hardly did much in the win vs the Pats and certainly didn't earn any MVP votes in that Pittsburgh game.

Well, thanks for responding even though I would call most on that list a stretch. It's all semantics anyway.

Comment

Well, thanks for responding even though I would call most on that list a stretch. It's all semantics anyway.
                            I'm not sure if it's much of a stretch if you remember back to that season as a whole and what those guys around him did. In fact, look no further than that playoff game against the Pats. MVP of that game would've gone to Champ or Anderson, but hell, Todd Sauerbrun even out-performed Jake.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's much of a stretch if you remember back to that season as a whole and what those guys around him did. In fact, look no further than that playoff game against the Pats. MVP of that game would've gone to Champ or Anderson, but hell, Todd Sauerbrun even out-performed Jake.
                              Sauerbrun caused a fumble. It was epic.

Comment

Working...
                              X