The Myth of Playoff Peyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    Here's another article (from Jan 2013) along similar lines to the one in the OP.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...or-help/20868/

That's a great read. A little long but well worth it for all Broncos fans who get harangued by ignorant fans of opposing teams who claim Manning is a choker.

Comment

Originally posted by LRtagger View Post
      Except for last year when his INT directly contributed to the other team kicking the game ending FG.
      Prater missed a FG in regulation when his foot hit the turf 8 inches shy of the ball.....if that never happened neither Peyton or Moore are left holding the bag of blame.

Comment

Bronco fans know all too tell a great QB can WILL a team to the playoffs and SB.............Usually in the playoffs and certainly the SB the the rest of the team needs to step up.

Point being no one can do it all by themselves against playoff caliber teams........

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
          In playoff games decided by a kick (i.e game was won or lost on a FG in the last 5 minutes or OT):

Manning (0-5) - QB rating: 91.1
          Brady (6-0) - QB rating: 73.8

Each and every time Manning put his team in position to win, his kicker missed. Each and every time his opponent put themselves in position to win, their kicker converted.

Each and every time Brady put his team in position to win, his kicker converted. Each and every time his opponent put themselves in position to win, his kicker missed.

If Brady had equal luck with playoff kicking game as Manning, he would have a 9-9 playoff record with one SB win (2004), one SB loss (2007), and no other championship game appearances.

The difference in playoff perception between Manning and Brady was written by Mike Vanderjagt, Nate Kaeding, Adam Vinateri, Nick Folk, Stephen Gotskowski, Justin Tucker, and Billy Cundiff.
          Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
            As i said, i always compare manning to Marty.
            Very little luck in playoffs.
            So you are saying Manning, who is a QB who is actually on the field playing the game is like Marty a coach who has never won a SB as a HC. I think that's an apples to oranges comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              John Elway sucked ass in Super Bowl 32. Who cares?
              Speaking of which, with todays concussion rules do we win superbowl 32? with TD going out early in the first quarter? migranes lol

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                Prater missed a FG in regulation when his foot hit the turf 8 inches shy of the ball.....if that never happened neither Peyton or Moore are left holding the bag of blame.
                52 yarder in the coldest game of his life. Hardly a gimme even if he doesn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                  Speaking of which, with todays concussion rules do we win superbowl 32? with TD going out early in the first quarter? migranes lol
                  It's a well known fact it was migraines and had to take meds for them. A concussion? How long have you been a Broncos fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                    52 yarder in the coldest game of his life. Hardly a gimme even if he doesn't do that.
                    One of the really stupid decisions of that game. Before Prater even walked out there I gave him no chance of making it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                      Just stop. Manning didn't lose that game for us.
                      This
                      Champ lost that game. No QB can't win anything by himself ask Elway
                      Last edited by Punisher; 10-25-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
                        Interesting counter from another source..

Again, not my response.
                        here's how I'm counting them:

1. 12/30/2000: Manning led the Colts to a 7 point lead with 5:01 remaining. Jay Fiedler led the Dolphins on a 70 yard TD drive to force OT, scoring a TD with 0:40 remaining. In OT, Mike Vanderjagt missed a 49 yard FG. On the ensuing possession, the dolphins scored the winning TD on a 9 play, 61 yard drive.
                        2. 1/15/2006: Colts were down by 11 late in the 4th quarter. Manning led the colts on a 80 yard drive to bring colts to within 3 with 4:30 to play. Next possession, the colts were pinned deep, and failed to convert a first down. On the next play, Bettis fumbled the ball, recovered by Harper, who returned the ball to the 42, giving Manning the ball with decent field position and 1:01 on the clock. He drove the team to the PIT 28, where Vanderjagt missed the tying FG with 0:21 remaining.
                        3. 1/3/2009: Colts had a 17-4 lead late in the 4th quarter. With 0:33 remaining, Nate Kaeding hit a 26 yard FG to tie the game. In the first possession of OT, the Chargers capped off a 65 yard drive with a 22 yard TD run by Darren Sproles.
                        4. 1/8/2011: Colts were down 14-13 late in the 4th, when Vinateri hit a 50 yard FG to put the Colts up by 2 with 0:57 remaining. Unfortunately, this was too much time for Mark Sanchez who was able to advance the ball to the Colts 14, where Nick Folk hit a 32 yarder to win the game.
                        5. 1/12/2013: Broncos held a 7 point lead late in the 4th, when Flacco miraculously hit Jacoby Jones with a 70 yard TD pass with 0:31 remaining to tie the game. In OT, Manning did throw the critical int. However, that doesn’t change the fact that Tucker hit a 47 yard FG to win the game.

ETA: gamelogs. feel free to double-check.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                          I'm stealing this, just FYI. Rep!
                          please do. This needs spread!

Comment

Originally posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
                            Where is this from?
                            I was doing some internet arguing on another forum last year - the whole Brady vs Manning thing, and I discovered this trend. As this argument comes up pretty much every year, I saved the data so I could reference it as needed.

I break this out whenever this debate comes up. I actually just figured out the "Brady would be 9-9" bit last week.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                              I was doing some internet arguing on another forum last year - the whole Brady vs Manning thing, and I discovered this trend. As this argument comes up pretty much every year, I saved the data so I could reference it as needed.

I break this out whenever this debate comes up. I actually just figured out the "Brady would be 9-9" bit last week.
                              Were you the one arguing with those morons that said Brady should be MVP? If so, are they still ****ing that chicken after last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                                Were you the one arguing with those morons that said Brady should be MVP? If so, are they still ****ing that chicken after last week?
                                yes. Don't remember if they were making claims after last week or not, but they certainly were after the Cincy game.

Comment

Working...
                                X