Washington Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Week

Things that concern me about facing the Redskins at Home after losing to the Colts on the road.

1) Putting the ball on the turf or turning it over. We gave the Colts a lot of short fields and the they scored 9 off the safety.

2) Rickety OL, Clark struggled out of the gate early in the game. Look throught the game day thread I pointed it out a couple times before he failed. Kuper did well for awhile but near the end of the game it just looked like something was wrong. Respect for trying, hoping he can get some rest and get back to 100% soon. We need Franklin even at 70%, move Vasquez back to RG and start Franklin or Justice if he can't go at RT. Hopefully PM's ankle is better and he can move the pocket more to confuse the attack points for the Wash Pass Rush.
    We need to run more this game to lessen the pass rush, I think they wanted to do this early vs Colts but 2 3rd and 1 failures got us behind. Stay with the run, if you trust Hillman give him some carries in the middle of the field. If you trust Ball give him caries near the GL, use KM deep in our zone for pass blocking, running, and pass catching some screens I saw one run last week but it was sniffed out quick. Use all 3 RBs and keep them fresh. give the OL some pride and slow down the pass rush with actual pass fakes.

3) D was unable to generate pressure with Von Miller, Wolfe does not look like the same player he was before the neck injury. Phillips has been nursing a Hammy. This unit needs to get the ball back into PM's hands sooner. Our safety play was terrible, no pass rush meant our zone coverage was picked apart. Now we have to worry about this Reed kid blowing it up, It will be nice to have Woody back as it is imperative we have LB's who can run with Reed and RGIII and make the 1st tackle to limit gains. Bears were not able to tackle so when the 1st guy missed they got an extra 15 yards unopposed.
    Can we bring Tony Carter out of the dog house and allow DRC and Carter to go at it in Man for the 1st half then adjust? Champ is likely out Webster has been playing Ok but he is a Rookie.
    I would almost blitz a fast CB from the edge quick to force RGIII into a bad choice. Duke might be a good choice here, he was a better downfield player than back in coverage.

4) Finish plays, no strips late, no dropped handoffs no strips fighting for yards, make your play then go down. Get your yards and live to fight another down.
    On D make the 1st Tackle, no missed tackles especially on drags or cross routes. Woody and Trevanthan are good at this.

5) Contain RGIII - Hopefully Ayers is back and playing well have him set the edge and spy RGIII, they had a TE or FB as a personal protector on run plays. By setting the edges deep it limits the outside holes he and his crew can run through and space to block. Give them one lane then collapse it when they see it. Read screens, play good Run D and force them to beat us in the Air.
    Again tackle well. If you can keep him in the pocket then go for swats not sacks. Contain, Contain, Contain.

It is way past my bed time, any other thoughts?

Steve

Just win this game and get to the bye. This team really needs that bye.

Comment

If they don't win this game, I'm not going outside for a week….may make the wife sleep in another room too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
          If they don't win this game, I'm not going outside for a week….may make the wife sleep in another room too.
          No doubt man.

Ugh, I hate these and Ravens games. Even conceding to Skins fans that RG3 could possibly dominate our D and Shanny will pull out all the stops to win this and its gonna be good, They still can't wait to gloat like crazy if they win while disregarding as they just aren't any good if they loose.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
            No doubt man.

Ugh, I hate these and Ravens games. Even conceding to Skins fans that RG3 could possibly dominate our D and Shanny will pull out all the stops to win this and its gonna be good, They still can't wait to gloat like crazy if they win while disregarding as they just aren't any good if they loose.
            The wife being a Skins fan will be interesting…..luckily the girls both like the Broncos.

Comment

and if we win I'm a little concerned about my Broncos lawn gnome going through the window of my truck with the Broncos Decal.

Comment

What kind of truck? I saw one with a Broncos Decal the other day…..not many of those around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
                  What kind of truck? I saw one with a Broncos Decal the other day…..not many of those around here.
                  A fake truck....I drive an FJ cruiser....I just can't say "my SUV" for some reason, and car doesn't sound right.
                  Last edited by 2KBack; 10-25-2013, 06:36 AM. Reason: me write bad

Comment

WASHINGTON WEEK? This isn't a TV show about politics, is it?

Comment

Where's Atlas?

Comment

Just drop 45 on that pathetic typical shanahan defense and the rest will take care of itself.

Comment

I agree with much of that, except for maybe Webster. He may be a rookie, but he's been playing pretty well, especially for a rookie. I don't mind seeing him out there getting significant playing time. More playing time and experience will also help him come January. He seems to be benefiting from his increased opportunities, so I say let him play.

Comment

Catch the friggin' ball. I'm talking to everyone BUT Wes Welker. That one catch was amazing...

Comment

Hope not, but this could be another game like Dallas. High scoring last team to have the ball wins.

Hopefully having Woodyard back helps the D

Comment

Working...
                              X