Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the Broncos put together a Complete Team Win Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the Broncos put together a Complete Team Win Yet?

Which game do you feel was the most complete win thus far in the season? I liked our first 4 games and the complete dominance of the club. The last three games have been a bit different riddled with more mishaps allowing the past three opponents to keep it close. Would be nice to dominant the Redskins game - a complete team win as we have a tougher section of 4 games after the bye week.

I thought our best day to date was vs. Vick and the Eagles.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 10-24-2013, 09:02 PM.

I expected things to start getting tight once the Cowboys showed everybody the "blueprint"..............hahahaha.

Hopefully we'll start getting healthier and Miller will get better as he goes. We need to get back to running the ball the way we did several weeks ago when we were seemingly ripping off chunks at a time. Defense should improve with Miller and Woody back in the mix.

Comment

I would say the Eagles game is the closest so far, but we haven't been close to having a complete game for the most part.

Comment

We haven't had all the key pieces on the field, for the same game. Miller is back, but we need Woodyard...

Comment

No...they haven't. And they better find it soon...injuries or not.

Comment

Let's keep things in perspective though...we lead the league in point differential at +101. Next closest is Chiefs at +88 and Seattle at +75

Comment

I agree Philly was. I don't really remember that one ever being a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                Let's keep things in perspective though...we lead the league in point differential at +101. Next closest is Chiefs at +88 and Seattle at +75
                It's perfection or bust on the Mane! But though this might be perception, but we seem to always make at least one dumbass mistake a game. These days more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                  It's perfection or bust on the Mane! But though this might be perception, but we seem to always make at least one dumbass mistake a game. These days more than one.
                  Seems to be an on going thing for the past 2-3 years. Fumbling on the goal line really chaps my ass. Same goes for dropping the ball before crossing the goal line on any type of return.

Comment

I agree Philly was. I don't really remember that one ever being a game.
                    Agree on the Eagles game being our most complete. However, there was a point where it was a game and we somewhat dodged some bullets that could have made it a different/closer contest.

1st quarter, Eagles went 3 and out with their first possession. Denver then went 9 plays for 74 yards to go up 7-0. The Eagles then went 11 plays for 65 yards but, on 3rd and 4 from our 17, TE Brent Celek dropped an easy one inside our 5 yard line. Eagles had to settle for a FG. First bullet dodged.

Eagles kicked to us and Holliday took it 105 yards, Broncos up 14-3. Eagles answered with a 15 play, 73 yard drive. They had 1st and 10 at our 13 and got called for a hold. Drive derailed, our D held, Eagles kick FG, 2nd bullet dodged. Broncos up 14-6.

The Broncos then went 3 and out. Window of opportunity re-opens for the Eagles. They responded with a 7 play, 64 yard TD drive. Now it's a ballgame.

Broncos answered with an 11 play, 80 yard TD drive and pretty much never looked back. But, you can see how if a couple of things go their way, or don't go our way, things could have been a little more dicey. But I think the Broncos find a way to win either way.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      Agree on the Eagles game being our most complete. However, there was a point where it was a game and we somewhat dodged some bullets that could have made it a different/closer contest.

1st quarter, Eagles went 3 and out with their first possession. Denver then went 9 plays for 74 yards to go up 7-0. The Eagles then went 11 plays for 65 yards but, on 3rd and 4 from our 17, TE Brent Celek dropped an easy one inside our 5 yard line. Eagles had to settle for a FG. First bullet dodged.

Eagles kicked to us and Holliday took it 105 yards, Broncos up 14-3. Eagles answered with a 15 play, 73 yard drive. They had 1st and 10 at our 13 and got called for a hold. Drive derailed, our D held, Eagles kick FG, 2nd bullet dodged. Broncos up 14-6.

The Broncos then went 3 and out. Window of opportunity re-opens for the Eagles. They responded with a 7 play, 64 yard TD drive. Now it's a ballgame.

Broncos answered with an 11 play, 80 yard TD drive and pretty much never looked back. But, you can see how if a couple of things go their way, or don't go our way, things could have been a little more dicey. But I think the Broncos find a way to win either way.
                      But you have to agree this could probably be said about a lot of games.

Comment

But you have to agree this could probably be said about a lot of games.
                        Yes, to a certain extent I agree. And, full disclosure, my anxiety during this game was higher than normal because I live in Eagles territory and losing to them would have been unbearable! I was a nervous wreck to begin with, and when they made it 14-13 I was not happy. They had 3 consecutive drives where they really gave us some trouble. We were really saved by that Holliday TD and their miscues in the 1st half. And then, as good teams do, we capitalized and made them pay for not seizing the moment. We also took away their strength, their running game, by opening up a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                          Yes, to a certain extent I agree. And, full disclosure, my anxiety during this game was higher than normal because I live in Eagles territory and losing to them would have been unbearable! I was a nervous wreck to begin with, and when they made it 14-13 I was not happy. They had 3 consecutive drives where they really gave us some trouble. We were really saved by that Holliday TD and their miscues in the 1st half. And then, as good teams do, we capitalized and made them pay for not seizing the moment. We also took away their strength, their running game, by opening up a lead.
                          But this argument, in general, also implies the Broncos never blew similar opportunities (when discussing blowouts due to other team's mistakes). If the Broncos don't make epic mistakes in the Colts game, we probably win that one too. It would be great to turn back time and see Holliday not fumble the ball. Who knows what happens after that if the Broncos retain possession.

Comment

If the Broncos don't make epic mistakes in the Colts game, we probably win that one too.
                            Oh I agree. Much like the Ravens playoff debacle. And I think the latter is what concerns people about the Indy loss. Two "sh*t happens" losses. And nobody wants to think about this team doing that in the postseason again.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                              I just find it amazing that we are so statistically higher than anyone else, yet have not put together the entire package on a consistent week to week basis. Chiefs gonna get some

Comment

Working...
                              X