Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we go to New England?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why do we go to New England?

    So I was looking at the schedule for next year, and noticed we travel to New England again. Now on the divisional rotation that makes sense, but then it got me, we went to New England last year, we're going there again this year. That doesn't make sense. It seems we should've played @Baltimore and home against the Pats this year.

  • #2
    Originally posted by TheChamp24 View Post
    So I was looking at the schedule for next year, and noticed we travel to New England again. Now on the divisional rotation that makes sense, but then it got me, we went to New England last year, we're going there again this year. That doesn't make sense. It seems we should've played @Baltimore and home against the Pats this year.
    It depends if the game we play them is from the rotation of playing the AFC East every 3 years, or if it is the game we play them because we play another AFC division but we finished in the same place in the west that they finished in the east.

    So the year Tebow took us to the playoffs we played the AFC East and got them in Denver. This year we play them because we both won our divisions and it is our turn to play on the road against the one AFC East team we play. Next year we play the entire AFC East again and it is on the road because they were in Denver in 2011 for that rotation.

    Comment


    • #3
      No London. I'm sad.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheChamp24 View Post
        So I was looking at the schedule for next year, and noticed we travel to New England again. Now on the divisional rotation that makes sense, but then it got me, we went to New England last year, we're going there again this year. That doesn't make sense. It seems we should've played @Baltimore and home against the Pats this year.
        Baltimore was supposed to be away but orioles messed that up. Maybe that's why NE is away this year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bob Kraft. That is why.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            Baltimore was supposed to be away but orioles messed that up. Maybe that's why NE is away this year.
            Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Baltimore was always a home game this year. It ended up being bumped to the front of the schedule because of the baseball fiasco, but the location didn't change.

            Comment


            • #7
              What schedule are you talking about

              I know we play the Patriots next year, but I didn't think there was a schedule that showed where we played until after our 16 opponents have been finalized

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Baltimore was always a home game this year. It ended up being bumped to the front of the schedule because of the baseball fiasco, but the location didn't change.
                It was supposed to be in Baltimore, the Orioles wouldn't budge.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  Baltimore was supposed to be away but orioles messed that up. Maybe that's why NE is away this year.
                  Nah, ravens game was always gonna be in Denver. We played them in Balt last year. The only reason it was made the first game is because it had the best storylines

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                    Nah, ravens game was always gonna be in Denver. We played them in Balt last year. The only reason it was made the first game is because it had the best storylines
                    This is just false

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                      Nah, ravens game was always gonna be in Denver. We played them in Balt last year. The only reason it was made the first game is because it had the best storylines
                      Wrong.

                      A flacco banner? Orioles pushed that game to Denver. Look it up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                        Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure Baltimore was always a home game this year. It ended up being bumped to the front of the schedule because of the baseball fiasco, but the location didn't change.
                        Yes.

                        http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...vens_robb.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                          We were going to play the AFC North opponent at home regardless, and the AFC East opponent away.

                          Next year, we play the entire AFC East, and since New England came here in 2011, we go there in 2014.

                          In 2014 we will play the AFC South opponent that finishes in the same place in their division that we finish in ours at home, and then play the AFC North opponent that finishes in the same place in their division that we finish in ours away.

                          It's a rotation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                            Nah, ravens game was always gonna be in Denver. We played them in Balt last year. The only reason it was made the first game is because it had the best storylines
                            Pathetic. You don't even know what the hell is the truth and you're telling somebody else they are wrong. The Ravens game was supposed to be in Baltimore, get their rings and all that jive. The baseball game would not reschedule. For the past 10 years, the winning Superbowl team has opened the season at home, except this year of course, because baseball got their schedule out first.


                            http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...vens_robb.html

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Baltimore game was always a home game for us this year. The Oriole thing only forced them to move their first game to be an away game vs. a home game. Then they went and picked the best away game to make the NFL opener, and we were that one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X